Post #16

Moderator, Queen of fanfictions, Godmother of the board
Group Icon

Group: Golden Moderator 10,000+
Member No.: 4

Letters to Juliet

Chapter 16
“An upsetting revelation…”

Candy was in her room and she called Anabeth when she got back to tell her about the reception.

- Candy? Did you talk to Terry?

- I talk to him Anabeth

- You know what I mean…

- Yes, I know and it’s no, not yet.

- But what are you waiting for?

- Well there was a reception last night…

- A reception? In your honour?

- No…

She didn’t want to tell her that Eleonor Baker was Terry’s mother. He would tell her himself when he wants to.

- What was the occasion? For Teresa George?

Candy had to restrain herself to not tell her that Terry was Teresa George. But it was a way out… to not talk about Eleonor Baker!

- In a way, producers are interested by one of Terry’s manuscripts…

- Terry writes manuscripts and Hollywood in interested?

- Impressing, isn’t it?

- Were there celebrities?

- Yes, I recognized a few reporters, Robert Hathaway…

- Any actors I know?

- I don’t know…, there was one who came to talk to me…

- Really? Who?

- He had the Austrialian accent…

- Mel Gibson?

- No, he’s younger… Liam something…

- Liam Neeson?

- No, he’s older and he’s british, that one had the Australian accent.

- Those accents sound aline, I wonder how you’re able to make the difference! But what am I saying? Terry has the British accent! So you know! You remember his last name?

- No…

- You’ve seen him in movies?

- Maybe…

- Candy! Describe him to me…

- He’s got dark blond hair, good looking, he’s young…

- That’s vague… it describes a lot of actors…

- Liam…

- Liam Hemsworth?

- Yes, that’s it! Liam Hemsworth!

- From the “Hunger Games” movies? And you forgot his name? You haven’t seen the movie?

- No…

- Candy! Liam Hemsworth was hitting on you and you only had eyes for Terry!

Candy burst out laughing thinking about the scene when Terry came to interrupt them and how Liam made himself scarce. She told Anabeth who was screaming and laughing.

- Oh my God! I hope Terry knows how lucky he is! And in the end, was there an orgy?

- Are you out of your mind? Terry would’ve never allowed it with me here!

- That’s true. Your Romeo respects you! So? When are you going to talk?

- We just came back from lunch. I’m going to work with Teresa George on my novel!

- You lucky girl! Good luck! You have pictures from the reception?

- Euh…

- Candy!!!

- I’m going to ask Terry if he’s got some…

- You’re incorrigible!

- I love you too, Anabeth! Say hi to Anthony and the kids for me!

- I love you too, Candy. Have fun with your Romeo! And I want to see pictures!

- Did you send my parcel?

- You should get it very soon…

- Thanks Anabeth.

- You can thank me by sending me pictures with Liam Hemsworth!!!

- I’ll make the effort for you! She said smiling.

She hung up and burst out laughing. She had a famous actor at the reception, she didn’t even remembered his last name! She looked on the bed and she saw another envelope. She opened it and got Romeo’s letter out.

“Juliet my heart,

I would like to thank you for the beautiful evening we had last night at the reception. If my script is chosen for a movie, I will have to travel a lot and go to Hollywood. Would you like to come with me ? I know you have school, but if I have to move to Hollywood, I would like you to come with me. I would like you to be my wife, Candy, I haven’t changed my mind, despite what you told me that day in my hotel room in Chicago. I wish I was your first, I would’ve been if Anthony hadn’t interrupted us that morning, but destiny got involved in our lives and separated us, against our will. Thank you for coming. You can’t know how happy I am that you’re here with me. But we have to talk and explain each other first.

I love you.

Your Romeo.”

She smiled. Terry was full of surprises and so romantic! There was a knock at the door and she went to open. It was a maid with the parcel that Anabeth had sent her. She opened it and she found her laptop she had when she was backpacking in Europe. She took the plug to plug it and recharge the battery. She saw all of her letters, but she said she will read them later. She had to join Terry in his office to work on her novel.

oOoOoOoOoOo

Terry was in his office discussing with Tyler.

- Come on! Are you going to finish my scene with Bianca Rose or no?

- I have to talk to Candy

- That doesn’t stop you from writing the rest of my story…

- I wrote your reconciliation… now it’s my turn, you have to wait!

- But…, started Tyler.

There was a knock at the office door and Candy came in. Terry looked up and saw her. God, she was so beautiful with her hair falling on her shoulders !

- I came to work on my novel, Teresa, she said to tease him.

Terry smiled looking at her.

- You do know that “Terry” is also short for “Teresa” , right?

- Yes, I know that, Teresa, she said smiling.

She had approached him. She only had one thought in her mind, to jump in his arms and kiss him. But… She went to sit by his side. They worked together for hours. The proximity was driving Terry nuts, but he managed to restrain himself. He smelt her sent and his head was spinning. Candy was telling herself that she had a good reason for pushing Terry away, and refusing his invitations, because she was melting after just one day! She couldn’t resist him! She wanted to be near him, it didn’t matter why he did what he did… But he had married another woman, he didn’t keep his promise! Wasn’t she ready to forgive him, until his wife showed up? She remembered Terry’s hurt eyes, like he would’ve given anything not to have to hurt her like that. But why did he get married? Were there extenuating circumstances? She was trying to imagine her life without Terry. She had tried with someone else, but unconsciously, she chose a pale imitation of Terry and when she realised it wasn’t Terry, that he will never be Terry, she broke off her engagement… She had a decision to make. She loved Terry, and she was going to do an act of faith and take her man back. But she had to think about a way to tell him that… Working with him so close, was torture. All she had to do was kiss Terry and curled up in his arms…

- Juliet, said Terry.

She didn’t reply.

- Juliet? Are you daydreaming? Do you hear me?

She got out of her torpor and looked at him.

- Are you with me?

- What…? She said distracted.

- Earth to Juliet…

She looked at him.

- I can’t concentrate Terry. I’m sorry.

- What if we call it a night? My mother has guests…

- Another reception?

- No, a dinner, there will be less people…

- The same as yesterday?

- Not all of them, but producers are coming to negotiate…

- Oh… the actor is going to be there?

- Liam? Why? You’d like to see him again?

- Well, it seems like he’s very famous, according to Anabeth…

- Oh, Anabeth told you ? You really didn’t know him?

- I know him since last night, but I didn’t know he was famous… he was on “The Hunger games”?

- You haven’t read the book?

- Science fiction is not really my thing, I’d rather read romance novels by Teresa George…

Terry started laughing.

- So Liam will be there for a role in your script?

- As a matter of fact…

- Interesting… by the way, Anabeth wants me to send her some pictures with Liam…

- You could take some tonight, if you want… or I’ll give you what the photographer took for my mother.

- Thanks Teresa!

- Are you going to stop calling me like that?

- You see how annoying nicknames are, Romeo?

- I’d rather you call me Romeo…

- We’re going to talk tonight, Romeo?

- I love you Juliet… yes, we’re going to talk tonight, or tomorrow, absolutely.

- You love me?

- I’ve never stopped loving you…

- If you loved me that much, why did you leave to go to London?

It was a fresh and direct question which deserved an answer just as fresh and direct. Looking in her eyes, he told her the truth:

- Because Anthony gave me the choice between leaving or getting arrested for sexual assault.

Shocked, stunned, she looked at him intensely.

- That’s ridiculous…

- You were underage.

His eyes burning with intensity, he seemed to want to make her understand, that he was telling the truth.

- If Anthony had said a word, there would’ve been an investigation, at the least. Maybe I would’ve gone immediately to jail after the trial. Everything would’ve been horrible Candy, and not only for me. You would’ve been examined by all kind of social workers and pshychologists. For heaven’s sake, if the story had been in the papers, can you imagine that? The way they would’ve looked at you?

He shut up of a minute, his eyes lost in the void.

- I didn’t care about me, but I couldn’t do that to you. So, I went to London. Believe-me it took me all the strength of the world to leave and break all the promises and all our dates.

- Anthony was bluffing!

- That’s not the impression I had.

- You could’ve at least told me something!

- It was part of the deal. I shouldn’t try to contact you or call you. I couldn’t even write you.

He thought about how Anthony’s words had come true. He hadn’t been able to write to Cand y for so long, he would writing to her in his head…

- I thought you didn’t love me, she said in almost a whisper.

She was upset. She had to get out of the office. Her brother was responsible for Terry’s disappearance?

- I left because I loved you. If I had to do it again, I think I would do exactly the same thing. I don’t see what else I could’ve done?

By looking deep into his eyes, he would see the teenage girl from back then. Did he really measure what he had done, how he made her suffer?

- You broke my heart, she said.

It wasn’t even an accusation, but it was simply a fact she was stating. Terry felt even worse.

- If I had to do it again…

- I have to get dressed for the dinner, said Candy upset.

She went to the bedroom and Terry looked at her go without a word. The moment was very intense. Their explanation will be very painful…

The rest of the past
Can’t stop haunting me
And cut my thoughts
Only your eyes are giving me the will to move forward
I wanted to write you so much
And I bend my back so ofter
And to relive those memoris
In dreams, I even almost touched your skin
You are my other me
The strength of my faith
My weakness and my law
The both of us were infinity
Far away from each other we’re doomed
I want to tell you that what my heart wants
Come, come it’s a prayer
Come, so we can start over
Because without you existence
Is just a long silence
That’s never ending
I had my heart so heavy my love
Do you still love me too forever?
You are made for me my love
And that’s all I think about all day.

Excerpt from Nostalgia by my friend lilirose

- Shouldn’t you be working? Said Tyler’s familiar voice

- I just hurt Candy

- It’s because of her brother!

- I still hurt her…

- In the meantime, can you continuer the scene you interrupted?

- No…

- You’re going to leave me like that for long?

- I have bigger fish to fry…

- You wanted art to imitate life, right?

- Exactly, it’s happening the same way

- You’re jealous because I’m about to get Bianca Rose and you…

- I’m the writer…

- Really? No kidding! Doesn’t look like it. I’ve been stuck here for days waiting for you to write the sentence that’s going to throw Bianca Rose in my arms.

- Well, you’ll stay there until I fix my problem with Candy.

- Great! I’m going to sit around for how long, until you finish that scene?

- Stop complaining, you’re getting what you want, aren’t you? Bianca Rose is going to fall into your arms… Now leave me alone!

oOoOoOoOoOo

Candy was thinking about her brother… She had to talk to him. She called his cellphone. Modern technology, you could contact the person directly now, no need to call the house phone. Her brother’s phone rang for a long time, she thought she was going to get his voice mail, when her brother finally answered.

- Terry told you! He asked as a greeting.

- Well hello to you too, big brother! Said Candy ironically.

- What exactly did he tell you?

- That you threatened to press charges against him for assault…

- You were underage!

- It was my life! My decision!

- You were too young. You were my little sister! I wanted to protect you!

- By sending the man I love to London? He had asked me for my opinion, he was going to stay in Chicago and wait my for 18th birthday!

- Candy…

- You forced him to go to London!

- I wanted to protect you, repeated Anthony

- You wanted to protect my virtue? He was going to marry me!!!

- I couldn’t have been sure…

- He would rather spend time with me than with all the bimbos Anabeth was bringing for him! Oh Anthony… How could you have asked him not to contact me? You could’ve asked for reparation… but no, you had to make him leave the country!!!

- Please…

- Is that why you became our biggest fan? You’re feeling guilty?

- I regret that he married another woman, but I don’t regret protecting you, I trusted him and he almost…

- Made love to me? I was willing…

- You were underage…

- If you had asked him to marry me… but you didn’t give him the chance, didn’t you? How could you do this to us? I thought Terry was your best friend…

- It’s not my fault if he didn’t come to your 18th birthday…

- If he were in Chicago, he wouldn’t have missed it… it’s your fault Anthony! I still can’t believe that you did that to me!

- Forgive me, Candy…

- Is that why you were against my relationship with Cole?

- He was a loser and he wasn’t made for you!

- Once again you meddled in my life! I’m not a little girl anymore!

- Candy, I love you and I couldn’t let you marry that man while you still loved Terry!

- Good bye Anthony.

She hung up her phone, but she couldn’t really be mad at her brother who was only protecting her. She was a minor after all, she wasn’t independent and she was still in high school… She understood why Anthony was now her biggest fan. Terry was gone and he came back married to another woman… he felt guilty. Because if Terry had stayed, he wouldn’t have married another woman and break Candy’s heart for a second time.

She took a deep breath. It was not the time to think about all that. She had to get ready for the dinner. She didn’t feel like being there, she almost didn’t want to go, but she said to herself that it would change her ideas and it would be better than to stay in her room down in the dumps.

She went to the bathroom to take a shower. She was trying to think about other things. She got out to get dressed and she found dresses on the bed for the reception. She chose a mauve one in muslin with transparent sleeves in veil. The top was braided and little pearls were decorating the neckline and the sleeves. She brushed her hair and she arrived downstairs just in time to greet the guests.

The dinner was fine, producers, directors and actors went to lock themselves in one of the living room to discuss business with Terry and his mother. Terry’s manuscript was going to become a movie in Hollywood. She was happy for him, but she still felt sad after Terry’s revelation on her brother. She went to Terry’s office to think. She saw his current manuscript on the desk. Should she read it, she needed a change of ideas…s eh started reading and she forgot about the world around her.

oOoOoOoOoOo

The discussion and the negotiations took a long time, but for Terry, 5 minutes would’ve been a lot, because he was away from Candy. She must’ve been bored all on he own. Should he go see her? No, she looked upset when learned that her brother had forced him to leave America because of her. He will talk to her tomorrow… When the Hollywood team was finally gone, Terry was relieved.

- Terry, said his mother, you should be jumping of joy.

- Mum…

- Candy?

- Yes, I told her about her brother…

- Oh, she must be upset.

- I know I broke her heart but to see her eyes so hurt, upset me. I hurt her.

- It wasn’t your fault.

- But I still hurt her, mum.

- She loves you, she’s going to forgive you, Terry

- I’m going to talk to her tomorrow.

- In the meantime, you can rejoice. Hollywood is going to make a movie with your script!!!

- I’m sorry mum, if I don’t look happy. I’m vey happy that my script is going to become a movie, but…

Eleonor looked at her son. As long as his story with Candy was solved, she wont be happy to rejoice about his Hollywood contract. A lot of people would’ve sold their soul to the devil to have Terry’s chance…He was in love. She smiled at him.

- Go to bed, you’ll feel better tomorrow after you talked to Candy.

- Good night mum, said Terry hugging her briefly

- Good night baby, said Eleonor going to her room.

Terry wen to the living room where there was a big white tail piano and he started playing “Romeo and Juliet” by Tchaikovsky, a piece that lasted at least 20 minutes. The notes were resonating in the silent manor where most of its habitants were dreaming. The walls were soundproof, so nobody could hear the beautiful piece he was playing. When he was done, the silence of the night was deafening filled the living room.

He stood up to go to his room but he wanted to go to his office to get his manuscript to try and write something before he goes to bed. He saw some ligts under the door and could’ve swore he had turned the lights off the last time he was there. He opened the door and he was surprised to see Candy concentrated in her reading of his manuscript. She didn’t even hear him come in. She was sitting at his desk, her head leaning forward on the manuscript…

- Juliet? He said surprised.

She was startled and she looked up.

- Romeo…

Everything that happened in the manuscript got her so excited to the point where, all the love she felt for Terry came out.

- I hope you’re not upset that I read your manuscript without your permission.

- Of course not, he said, so did you like the heroes, Tyler and Candy? Euh… I mean Bianca Rose! He corrected quickly.

- That’s what’s called a revealing Freudian slip! I thought she looked a lot like me. Well in a way of speaking. If she looks like me, it’s in a lot better, she’s even perfect. And Tyler, that’s you, we can’t miss that. Except that he’s a little browner and little more stupid.

- Me? Said Tyler outraged in Terry’s head.

- More stupid, repeated Terry, all happy. I like it a lot, that’s the perfect description.

Candy looked at him smiling.

- How was the reunion? Were you able to come to an agreement on all the points?

- Yes, he said, my mother is a good negotiator. She knows all the loopholes in contracts with her agent and her lawyer.

- So, you have an ironclad contract? Asked Candy looking at him

- Yes…

- Oh…, she said smiling.

They looked at each other. Why wasn’t he happier?

- Euh Romeo, maybe it’s just me, but shouldn’t you be more happy than that? Your script is going to become a movie in Hollywood!!!

- Yes, I know…

- So…?

- So, I’m missing something to be truly happy…

- Ah…

He was talking about the letter he had left for her earlier. He was going to propose to her again.

- Candy, will you marry me?

When she thought that ever since she had met Terry, all she had ever wanted was to be his wife. But because of the betrayal, the fact that he didn’t come to propose to her on her 18th birthday and that he had married someone else…

- No Terry, I’m not ready…, she said softly.

He looked at her sadly.

- Let’s go to bed, he said softly.

Candy looked at him. She didn’t know what to say. She wasn’t ready, because they still haven’t talked…Terry knew it and he wanted to see if she was going to blindly trust him… he knew she wasn’t ready. Learning that Anthony had forced him to leave had changed things, but she still didn’t know why he married another woman. Should she trust him? She had been burned in the past.

Candy took the script and they both left the office to go to their respective rooms. When they arrived in front of Candy’s room, he hugged her briefly.

- Congratulation for your script Romeo, she said softly.

She wanted to jump to his neck but she had just refused his wedding proposal…

- Thank you Juliet, he said softly.

She got into her room and closed the door. She leaned on it and closed her eyes and had a long sigh.

Terry told himself that he was used to Candy’s rejections of his wedding proposals, but it still hurt him a lot. He went to his room to sleep. He had just got one of the biggest deals of his career, and he was incapable of rejoicing…

candy4terry4ever!
"You should be kissed, and often, and by someone who knows how." Rhett Butler, Gone with the wind

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gentillefille
post May 2 2018, 01:20 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Letters to Juliet

Chapter 17
“The letters to Juliet”

Candy didn’t have a good night. The scene with Terry before they went to bed had disturbed her. She wasn’t ready, she didn’t have all the cards on the table. But she knew she still loved him…He had told him that Anthony had forced him to leave America for London. Terry had just signed a great contract with Hollywood and he was unable to rejoice for his hard work because she had refused to marry him, thus to go with him to Hollywood…

She woke up late. She tried to read the manuscript, but she couldn’t concentrate. So she got ready and she went downstairs with the manuscript to see if she could continue reading it, after she took her cup of coffee.

oOoOoOoOoOo

Terry had barely slept. He woke up and he went to get a cup of tea in the kitchen and he went to his office. He turned on his computer , knowing he wanted to write…

Tyler was not happy.

- I still standing around…

- Leave me alone Tyler…

- Candy refused to marry you, yet again! So what?

- Would you give up on Bianca Rose?

- Never and you know that… There’s trust for you…

- Are you suggesting to me that Candy doesn’t trust me?

- That’s exactly what I’m “suggesting to you”, replied Tyler smiling with all his teeth. Bloody hell! Where do you find those kind of expressions?

- No, you thought about that on your own? What could’ve put you in the right path?

- I don’t know… maybe the fact that she only refused to marry you for the hundredth time…

- Is it men in general or just me in particular?

- Especially you…, said Tyler, you ‘ve hurt her deeply, she expecting you to do it again

- According to you, what should I do?

Then he thought for a moment and he said:

- Good heavens, I really must’ve fallen very low to ask you for advice!

- Your initial plan was that your thoughts would come true by giving me the ending I wanted, right?

- Yes, so what?

- So, follow your plan. If you let life imitates art for once? How are you going to get Bianca Rose to marry me?

- It’s frankly not the same situation…

- It’s exactly the same…

Terry was thinking. Candy didn’t trust him. It was indeed the case. She had refused to marry him, one more time. He had to believe that the situation with her was going to get better, like it was starting to get better in his novel… “Every man becomes what he pretends to be”. He was going to continue with that thought. Optimism for the moment…

What time was it? He stood up and he went to the living room, He saw his sister with her luggage.

- Where are you going?

- On a cruse, for a week, said Dinah

- Alone?

- No, mum, with Diego!

- When is he going to marry you?

- When? That’s none of your business Terry.

- Dinah…

- I’m going to be in order with the Lord soon! Is that good for you?

- It’s a start…

- I hope that when I come back you’ll be done talking to Candy, she said hugging h im. Bye bro. Good luck.

The driver was taking her luggage to put them in the limousine.

- Say goodbye to Candy for me! She said getting out the door.

Then it was the silence for a little time. Terry was reading the paper in the living room. Then he heard his mother’s staff coming down the stairs with her luggage. A few minutes later, Eleonor Bake came down the stairs with the rest of her luggage, carried by her staff.

Terry stood up to go and meet her.

- Mum, I would never thank you enough for everything you’ve done for me.

- You don’t really need to thank me, honey. It’s normal. All I did was contact people I knew. The rest you did it with your own talent, my darling.

Terry smiled.

- And I’m waiting for you to reconcile with Candy so that I can finally see joy on your face. You just got your biggest contract ever… You must be happy.

- Looks like I have other priorities…

Eleonor hugged him in her arms, tenderly.

- Good bye Honey. I love you.

- I love you too, mum.

She left, leaving the scent of her perfume floating in the air behind her. There, he was alone with Candy in the villa. He went to the kitchen, he was hungry. He poured himself a glass of cold orange juice from the fridge. He heard footsteps. He turned around, it was Candy with the manuscript.

- Hello Candy, he said

He didn’t call her “Juliet”. Candy was hurt.

- Hello Terry, she replied

- Did you have a good sleep?

- Not very well, but it was fine.

She looked around her. The big kitchen was empty. There was nobody by the pool.

- Where are you mother and sister? Are they still asleep?

- Dinah is gone on a cruise with Diego and my mother went to Hollywood…

- We’re alone?

- If you don’t count the help, yes, we’re alone.

Candy had left the manuscript on the table and she poured herself a cup of black coffee. There were some croissants on the table, she took one.

- I’m going to continue my reading. I wasn’t able to finish earlier, I was sleepy…

She went to one of the living rooms to read. Terry looked at her go. He went to his office and he started working on Candy’s manuscripts, taking notes…He had to work so he wouldn’t think about candy.

How much time passed? He had no idea. In any case, Candy knocked on the door. She started talking. Ever since she refused his proposal the night before, the atmosphere between them was a little tense. She had the manuscript in her hands.

- This story is absolutely wonderful; it’s not much the story, but the way it was written and the pleasure we take identifying to the characters. But something bothers me…

He was looking at her and of course he was melting. She was so beautiful without her make up when she wakes up. Even if she woke up early afternoon. She had come in his office and she sat on a chair in front of his desk.

- What?

- Why didn’t Tyler tell Bianca Rose where he was during all that time? I have the impression that this question is good for me too… Terry what happened in London? I know you married another woman… But I would like to know why? I thought you loved me…

Terry looked at her. It was the moment of truth…

You were my wind, my wings
My life in more beautiful
The cards were played
And my queen went to hide
Silences, regrets are dancing
You were my life like night and day
And we lived the perfect love
But I was condemned to choose
To let you go, that was betraying us
We should’ve tried
Another future story
To want to try to forget
We didn’t even try
To talk to each other
Ever since, I’m dragging my chains and my pains

Excerpt from “Nostalgia” by lilirose

The moment had finally arrived, he had to tell her. He would rather jump out the window, but this time, he couldn’t postpone it. He remained silent for a moment. Candy hadn’t told him she loved him. She was going to fall inhis arms after the story, he was sure of it. But it was time, Candyhad asked the questions and he had to give her an answer.

- Where should I start? Everything that had happened to me… it’s not something you talk about easily you know? It’s not a subject of conversation you talk about during a dance at your brother’s wedding. I would’ve told you: “I missed your 18th birthday because I spent 20 months of my life in a rat infested prison cell in central America.” But we were interrupted. I wanted to say: “I’m sorry I married another woman, but there were extenuating circumstances.” How do you announce to the woman you love that you were locked in a tiny hole with barely enough to survive for almost two years?

Candy was looking at him, her big green eyes wide open, she was flabbergasted.

- Oh my God…

She had a sudden flashback, the way he was at Anthony’s wedding, he was so thing it was scary, like he had been sick or… starving. She was so shocked by the news of his marriage that she didn’t think about his appearance, she left, hurt. But why did he get married?

- I don’t know how to apologize for hurting you with my marriage…how do I explain? It’s not easy to talk about…

- What if I ask you? She asked whispering, would you be able to tell me?

- Yes…

- So, tell me what happened.

He closed his eyes, took a very long breath, and he started talking, looking at the bay.

- I went there to do an interview with an opposition leader…

He was looking to have his everyday voice, like he was talking about a game he watched the night before is incarceration. He told her about the questioning, his fear and his confusion, then his return to the hotel, when he thought he was safe. Then the arrest, the new dive into the nightmare. He was talking with a calm voice, sereine, but we could feel the emotion in his voice. He stopped for a while and looked at her.

- My God, I can’t even imagine the horror! How could you stay there telling me the story like it was the first course of journalism? You should’ve been crazy furious, outraged!

- In jail, I also encounter the word of God, Candy…

- You don’t need to remind me that…

- You know what Nelson Mandela said when they asked him if he was still angry with the people who had put him in prison?

- That if he was still angry with them, he would still be in prison…

They looked at each other. Candy admired Nelson Mandela a lot. He had spent 27 years in prison… And he wasn’t bitter at all. She admired his calmness and his joy of life when he got out of jail, his joy to finally be free. She thought about Terry who had done 20 months, she was outraged. She could now see the difference when it happens to someone else, to someone she loved with all her heart. She understood better what Mandela did. Her heart got tight.

- Oh my God Terry, please forgive me…

She had pity on him, he didn’t want her pity!

- I beg your pardon?

- I’m asking you to forgive me for the way I treated you in your hotel room…

- You don’t need to apologize Candy…

- Yes I do, I treated you badly when you refused to make love to me, when you respected me.

He looked at her with love.

- Apologies accepted.

- Tell me everything! Did they forced you to work? Tell me how you got the strength to survive! Show me what you felt!

She had stood up and she was pacing around the office, her fist closed. The news she had just learned earlier on what Anthony had did. Now, learning that the job in London had sent him to a suicide mission… it was way too much. His wedding that didn’t happen because Terry was in prison, unable to contact her! The emotions were suffocating her, she started crying. Warm tears, burning, angry. He approached her and held her in his arms, wiping her tears softly with a handkerchief he got out of his pocket.

It wasn’t over, he had to talk about his marriage and Susanna. He let go of her and walked to the bookshelf and he took on the very top a big blue binder in a row of notebooks and notes. Walking towards her with counted steps, he put the binder in her hands.

- Read this. You’ll know everything that I felt.

She looked at the binder, wiping mechanically the tears on her cheeks.

- A novel? She asked.

- No, it’s not romanced. If I ever have to publish it, I probably would have to include my shrink as a co-author; he forced me to put on paper all of it when I got out of prison… You will have the answers to all of your questions.

He approached her and kissed her lightly on the lips.

- I’ll be by the pool, he said.

And he walked to the door. Leaving his darling alone with the big binder.

oOoOoOoOoOo

Candy went to sit at Terry’s desk. She opened the big manuscript at the first page. She didn’t even hear him leave. It was called “The Letters to Juliet”. The heart tight, she started reading.

You alone was able to tame my part of shadow
And bring out my part of light
You’ve reconciled me with myself, taciturn and sombre
And all the bitterness shut up.
For us, I had promised myself to go to the end of my dreams
But this happiness, unfortunately, was only short lived
So for my muse, every night I’m someone else, and thrown ink in those pipe dreams
To forget on stage the time of a too brief truce
That the taste of my life is bitter
And living far from you only rimes with misery
My heart adrift is beating hoping to re-write history
And one day with you, share the chills of love before it’s too late
Because I’m only afraid of one thing
That someone else gets that priviledge
To be the first one to cut a flower
For you’re shining so much of love
For which I’m traped
From the first day

By my friend lilirose

She was deeply moved already. She turned the page, she was crying again.

“My dear Juliet,

I came to in my cell, stunned to still be alive. I was lucky, I saw the bodies of the other, those who had less luck, the last time I was in the court…they were throwing them in the back of a truck.
When I wanted to move, my whole body was screaming of pain. Now I’m wondering; “Maybe they were the lucky ones…”

Dear Juliet,
Four days since my last meal. You came and kept me company and we talked about our last Thanksgiving. You took my hand and we left together, going back in time. All of a sudden we were at your house, your parents where there, you grandmother, you aunt, you cousins, Anthony, you and I. We were all sitting the head leaned, while your father was saying grace.

I looked at the feast on the table, knowing that the rest of that meal would be enough to keep me alive for months…”

Outside the sun was throwing its hot and burning rays, but Candy was conscious of time passing. She couldn’t see anything else than those black letters on paper, Terry’s words, letters he had written from hell.

By the pool, Terry was contemplating the blue water of the pool. The breeze was playing with his hair, the rays were reflecting on his sunglasses; a bottle of water in his hand, he looked like a living commercial for a vacations spot. He turned around seeing Candy approaching him. She came to sit by his side, her eyes swollen, the tip of her nose was all red.

- Are you ok? He asked

- I should be the one asking you that question.

She needed to see his eyes. Raising her hand, she took his sunglasses off. The bright light of the end of the afternoon his eyes were magnificent, the blue-green tender and warm. She started crying again.

- Candy, stop crying, please.

- Oh Terry, I regret so much! I understand everything…

- And now you want to marry me, right?

- Terry…

- I don’t want your pity Candy. It’s after you’ve read those letters, now you’re ready…

She looked at him stunned. He seemed angry at her.

- Terry…

- I need a moment alone Candy…

He was pushing her away. She couldn’t believe it. Wasn’t everything supposed to be better now? Then she realised he didn’t trust her. He thought she was coming to him only because she had read the letters… She could understand his mistrust. She had to show him that it wasn’t the case. She looked at him sadly. She stood up and she said:

- I’m going to go and wash my face to freshen up…

And she left before Terry could say anything.

Candy went to her room to look for her laptop and took to Terry’s office. She connected the printer to her laptop and she started printing stuff from her laptop… After a while, she put all the sheets together and she punched holes little by little until she was done and she put them in a binder she had had found on the shelf. She walked to the door and Terry came in at the same moment.

- Oh, there you are! She said.

- You were looking for me? He asked.

- Yes, I was on my way to see you…

- Why?

- To give you this…

- What is it?

- Everything that I felt when you, not only missed all or our dates, but also my 18th birthday…

- You wrote everything?

- I think we were on the same wavelength, Romeo…

He took the binder, still stunned.

- I’ll be in my room…

She got out of the office, leaving him alone in the office. She went back to her room and she finally decided to opened her old mail still in the box where her laptop was. She found a letter from a certain Graham Baker… Who was that again? She opened the letter and she saw that it was a typed letter, a thank you letter… form a prisoner from Amnesty International.

“Dear friends,

It is a great pleasure for me to write you this letter and in this way, give you my fraternal salutations to you and to all those who are surrounding you over there, may God reward them by giving them good health.

With the present letter, I wanted to show you my infinite gratitude and my congratulations to you all, members, collaborators, volunteers and citizens of all countries, who unite their strength and energy, day after day, reinforcing the work of Amnesty International in London, a hard work to defend the human rights and fight against discrimination.
I’m Graham Baker, ex-prisoner of conscience in Central America, adopted by Amnesty International. I was freed, after 20 months of unfair privation of liberty and privation of my family, my fiancée. Personally, I want to thank forever the group of Amnesty International of all communities and other parts of the world, who had worked in an efficient matter to gain my liberation, all my thank yous to all those who comforted me in my pain with your cards, your voices, your prayers and your good wishes. I sincerely admire you, I love you with all of my heart and you will always be present in my thoughts despite the fact that it would be difficult for us to all know each other, but I feel that we’re all the children of the same father and that resonates in the deep of my being and I tell myself that we’re all from one family despite the distance that separates us.

May God almighty bless you and protect you and your families.”

Then there was an interminable list of the names of all those who had written for his freedom, Candy opened her eyes wide when she saw her name. She didn't understand what was happening. On the bottom of the page, she saw Graham Baker’s signature… She recognize that handwriting anywhere. It was Terry’s!!! She was so shocked she was breathless.

candy4terry4ever!
"You should be kissed, and often, and by someone who knows how." Rhett Butler, Gone with the wind

+Quote Post
Gentillefille
post May 7 2018, 05:39 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Letters to Juliet

Chapter 18
“The Letters to Romeo”

Terry was in his office and he was looking at the big binder Candy had given him. It was one to the big empty one that was on the shelf, that she used. He started reading. She had started with a poem too, like him!

Letter to Romeo

Blinded by your promise of eternal love
I saw in your departure an unfaithful man
Drown in the deepness of my passion
I was the and the executioner of your betrayal sentence
Like a damned women, clung on past dreams
Lost in the maze of my bruised pride
My heart tired of wondering, got full of cries
Waiting that return which was going to come and calm my tears
Long and painful was the trip of my regrets
When finally the truth imposed itself and hit me like a ton of bricks
In your azure eyes, I saw the end of the tunnel
In your passionate gestures, I felt your call
In the drowning musk of your arms, I understood my mistake
In your tortured mind, I read the love of my soulmate
How do I make myself forgiven for doubting you?
While I had already given you everything a long time ago!
Give me the time of a lifetime to tend to your wounds
Let me stay by your side today and forever
Let finally love you for eternity
Give me eternity to finally love you
And to prove to you that my heart and my body will find salvation in your hands!
(By my friend Glynda08, she wrote this especially for this chapter. Thank you honey! I love it!)

Terry understood that she had just written that poem of introduction. What was in that big binder? He turned the page… it entries from her personal diary.

“Dear Romeo,

You told me you were going to call me and I waited in vain for your phone call that never came. I never heard from you again. I had the worst summer ever, imagining a thousand and one thing that might have happened to you.
I doing some babysitting in town, since I didn’t have a friend with whom talking. Anthony and Anabeth didn’t spend that much time at home without you.

Why did you abandon me Romeo…? I miss you to much.

I love you.

Your Juliet.”

“Dear Romeo,

Today, Tom asked me to go out with him. I think it’s so strange, you know? He was my friend at school and he saw how I was drooling for you. I had to tell him that I only felt friendship for him. He said that I was wasting my time waiting for you. That you were older and that you were probably doing something else… Is that true Romeo? Did you forget about me? I’m still thinking about you.

I love you.

Your Juliet.”

“Dear Romeo,

I just woke up in startled! I had an horrible nightmare, that youwere locked up somewhere, unable to come out and come back to me. You were calling for me, I was responding buyyou ere incapable of coming where I was.
I don’t know what it means, But I’m going to imagine that it’s a sign. I know you Romeo, you wouldn’t have abandoned me like that of your own will. There must have been something preventing you from coming back to me and for me that dream was the answer to my question. You must be stuck somewhere, unable to come and join me… I’m going to pray for you to get out of that hole.

I love you.

Your Juliet.”

“Dear Romeo,

Today in school the English teacher told us about Amnesty International. You have to know about it, an organization that helps prisoners locked up most of the time for their ideas…Like Nelson Mandela was… She told up that we could become members if we wanted to. So after the dream I had of you, I decided to start writing letters to free prisoners. So for a time now I’ve been writing for the liberation of prisoners… And they would write us to thank you, very happy and grateful. I assure you that it feels good to know that we can help people just by writing letters!
I think about you everyday.

I love you.

Your Juliet.”

He continuer reading the letter and he got to her reaction after her 18th birthday when he didn’t show up.

“Dear Romeo,

What can I say today? I imagined myself that you didn’t keep your promises of our dates because I was still a minor. But now that I’m 18 years old, I’m legal. I thought you were going to come and proposed to me like you promised. I waited 685 days for nothing. Every time I would hear a car, I would run to the window. Every time the phone rang, my heart would explode, I thought it was you wanting to reassure me…You never came, you never called. I have to say that the fact that you already missed all of our dates, I was kind of expecting that you wouldn’t show up. You promise me you’d call and you never did… but the day of my 18th birthday was our biggest date, the most important one… the one were you were supposed to proposed to me! I was finally free to be with you and you never came Romeo. You broke my heart into a thousand pieces.

I cried all the tears of my body. I was upset. I had an agitated night and had dreams about you, you were dirty and you were looking at me sadly. You asking me to forgive you for not coming. Was it a dream of a telepathic message? I don’t know, but something reassured me…

I needed a change of scenery. So I went backpacking in Europe. I needed a total change.

I love you,

Your Juliet.”

She told him about her trip to Europe and everything she had lived. The notes she had taken and how she got her notes published for a touristic brochure.

“… I wanted my work to be authentic, so I visited all the touristic sites and I made a little summary of my visits. It was rather kind of fun and I didn’t get paid.”

She told him about the rest of her adventures, how she went to visit the offices of Amnesty International in London.

“I really like the peaceful atmosphere in those off ices, I bless the person who had the idea to start the first liberation campaign.

I just got the name of my new prisoner to free; Graham Baker, a young reporter in jail unjustly because he refuse to give the whereabouts of a the chief of a rebel camp of the opposition regime… “Graham”, made me think about you; “Terrence Graham Grandchester the third”. It’s still sound as pompous to me, even writing it after all these years. I wrote a lot of letters for that prisoner, like all the other and I’m not sure if he got them all of if he even knows we’re writing letter for his freedom.”

Terry couldn’t believe his eyes! Oh my God! She was part of the people who wrote to ask for his freedom! He started looking his old letter, the thank you letter which was a collective one, but where the names of all the names of those who wrote for his freedom figured. When he has sent the letters, his assistant had given him a sample he would read, rearranged and signed that letter which was scanned and multiplied. So he had pre-signed and his assistant had completed the list of names. He looked at his model and he read all the named and he saw Candice Andrew. How could he had not paid attention for all this time! He had made sure that all those who wrote for him got his thank yous. With everything that happened with Susanna, he hadn’t paid much attention. He had signed and the letter was multiplied and was mailed… He should’ve paid more attention, but the situation with Susanna, what he had discovered and what he was force into doing… Candy was part of the people who had written to ask for his freedom, without knowing it! His heart got filled with even more love for her! He was now convinced that Candy and him were made for each other.

He took his cellphone and dialed a number…

oOoOoOoOoOo

Dinah Grandchester was having fun during her cruse with her dear Diego; they were sitting by the pool and drinking frozen fruit juice when her cellphone rang. She looked at the display.

- Yes Terry?

- Dinah! Hi! I’m not bothering you?

- Never bro. Are you all right? Is the reconciliation done?

- Well I gave her my letters to read…

- Finally! It was about time! So…?

- So… you know I didn’t want her to come back to me in those conditions.

- Terry, stop it! I’ve observe you during the reception and the dinner the other nights! You’re in harmony!

- I know but…

- But what? I bet you wanted her to accept to marry you without knowing the truth… not after reading your letters…

- She refused to marry me one more time…

- Before you gave her the letter?

- Yes…

- She didn’t have all the card on the table Terry… I’m almost afraid to ask you. What did you do?

- I… I rejected her when she wanted to console me…

- In other words, she wanted to take you in her arms and you pushed her away. Terry! You’re not possible sometimes! I thought you loved her!

- I love her… but…

- You’re not sure she loves you back? Are you kidding me? I really want to come and kick you in the butt!

Terry was laughing, because his sister was actually capable of putting her threat to execution! He calmed down and he continued:

- I love Dinah, you know that?

- I love you too, big brother! What did she do? She begged you to listen to her?

- No, she gave me my own letters…

- Your letters? She gave them back to you?

- No, I said, that she gave me my own letters!!!

- Your own letters? She also wrote you letters?

- Yes…

- Oh my God!

- I know, it’s incredible…

- You’re now convinced that she loves you more than ever…

- Yes.

- Oh happy day!

Terry burst out laughing.

- But that’s not why I’m calling you…

- Why did you call me then…?

- While I was reading her letters, I found out something.

- What?

- That Candy is part of Amnesty International.

- Really? She’s a very generous person…

- She’s part of the people who wrote for my liberation…

- Ah! It’s a small world! Said Dinah a little dryly.

Terry felt the jealousy in Dinah’s voice.

- I will never thank you enough for what you did for me, sis.

- I know Terry, but you’re happy to learn that Candy also wrote for your liberation…

- She didn’t know she was helping me!

- I’m happy for you bro. You’re going to tell her?

- No, I’m not done reading yet… Ok, I’m going to let you go. Have fun. I love you.

- I love you too.

She hung up. Diego was looking at her.

- Is everything all right?

- Yes…

- It doesn’t looke like it, by looking at you.

- Well… you know what happened to Terry right?

- Yes, you told me, briefly.

- So, I’m going to tell you everything in details…

Terry was gone on a mission for a few days. Dinah was particularly happy to have him back with them. Terry would spend all his free time in America at his friend Anthony’s. She wanted to take advantage of his presence. When days passed and Terry wasn’t coming back, she tried unsuccessfully to get answers over the phone. When she realised that she wasn’t getting anywhere on the phone, she went in person to Terry’s magazine office to speak to his boss. The latter, after a lot of hours, was finally able to see her.

- What’s going on? Where’s my brother?

- Miss Grandchester…

- How could you not take my calls? My brother didn’t come back! What’s going on?! She asked angry.

- If you let me speak, I will explain it to you.

Dinah looked at him with angry eyes and she calmed down a little.

- I’m listening…

- Ok. It seems that Terry is in trouble…

- In trouble? What kind of trouble?

- He had to interview the chief of the opposition who was in hide out in a camp… and he was arrested and interrogated. He told them he didn’t know where the camp… and it was the truth, since was blindfolded when they took him there…

- What did they do to him…?

- After they interrogated him, they let him go back to his hotel and Terry wanted to leave the country right away… he was arrested on his way to the airport and they found drugs on him…

- What?! But you do know that’s not true right? Terry is not a drug dealer…

- The Embassy’s hands are tied in this kind of case, they don’t like to get their hands dirty and according to the law, they mustn’t meddle in the justice department of foreign countries…

- What’s going to happen to my brother?

- I’m doing everything in my power, but it’s not much. It’s a foreign country where corruption is very strong, If your family has the means…

- Amnesty International… I heard that those who asked for ransom are not serious. They might just take the money and not free Terry… No, I’m going to try to do something on my side, but you have another solution…

Dinah had told her father the bad news…

- I told him to stop with that nonsense! Reporter! What an idea! Now, he’s up the creek with a paddle!

- Come on dad, we have to do something! He’s your eldest son!

- So he should’ve stayed here, said her mother with disdain.

- Well he’s independent, said Dinah, mum, please, this is not the time! It’s about Terry’s life!

- Well, said the duke, my hands are tied, I can’t do much… it’s a foreign country and I have no jurisdiction there…

- Amnesty International… it’s an organisation that powerful and it attracts those countries in silence with their letters…

That’s how she had started a campaign and writing letters for her brother’s freedom with Amnesty International, which investigated and confirmed that Terry was indeed a prisoner in horrible conditions… When Terry was freed, she was surprised she was notified. Terry ended up calling her and told her the far-fetched story about getting married to get the diplomatic immunity with the daughter of the American ambassador.

- Come on Terry! You could’ve come to see us still ! I was worried about you!

- Thank you very much Dinah, I’ll come as soon as possible…

Dinah didn’t understand. Terry was married and didn’t talk about his liberation? What the heck was going on? Terry came to London with his wife Susanna and Dinah didn’t understand a thing. She was happy to see her brother alive. He was so skinny it was scary. She managed to speak to him wthout his wife who was sticking to him like glue.

- Dinah… I wanted to thank you for everything you’ve done for me, sis! Thank you, you saved my life…

He hugged her hard…

- I don’t understand why I wasn’t notified…

Terry told her what his wife had done and what he discovered recently.

- Terry… what about Candy? You always talked about her with so much passion! She doesn’t know why you disappeared and you come back married!

Terry looked at her with sad eyes.

- Life was cruel to me.

- You’re not upset with your wife?

- No, I forgave her…

- Terry…

- You know refusing to forgive is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die…

- Hein?

- Whey you refuse to forgive, you’re getting eating up inside and it blocks our plans…

- You still want to write for your magazine?

- In prison, I wrote a lot of romance novels in my head…

- Really?

- Yes… and I’ve already talked to a publisher who told me that I needed a female pen name…

- Why don’t you use your wife’s?

- Because, I want to use my little sister who saved me by starting a campaign for my liberation with Amnesty International… do you agree?

- You want me to be you?

- On the book covers… what woud you say about the name “Teresa George”?

- T.G….

- And you’d have to appear for interviews and conferences… photo shoots…

- I really have to pretend to be a writer? How much are you going to pay me?

- Enough for you to not need dad’s pocket money…

She jumped in her arms laughing!

- I’m happy to see you alive again bro! Thank you God!

Terry had gone to America after that to see his mother and reassure her and for his best friend Anthony’s wedding, Candy Andrew’s brother…

The duke was also very happy to see his son alive again.

- Terry! He said hugging him. Don’t you ever scare us like that again!

- Father, it’s good to see you again…let me introduce you to my wife… Susanna

- Pleased to meet you… I supposed no longer need the fiancée I was keeping for you…

- Dad…

- You just came back from hell Terry, I’m giving you a break

- That’s very generous of you father…

- But I thought that you were in love with your best friend’s little sister…

- Life if full of surprises, father…

Dinah came back to reality.

- The whole family was happy to see him. Especially my father, who thought he had lost his eldest son. Then when he came back from America after seeing Candy again and broken her heart, we started working together… the book tours across the country, abroad…

- Now, it looks like you’re a little jealous.

- Candy has always been the first in Terry’s heart… he talked about her with so much passion and I was jealous… when Terry disappeared, I knew he wasn’t with Candy anymore because of her brother… so she didn’t know what was going on, I started the campaign for Terry’s liberation… and…

She stopped moved.

- Continue, said Diego.

- Well, despite what his wife did, I was the one who started the liberation campaign for Terry…Candy wouldn’t listen to Terry when he was trying to get her back… I want them to get back together, because she’s the woman Terry has been in love with forever… but to learn tnat she also wrote letter for Terry’s liberation…

- It’s like she’s stealing your scene? Come on honey… you’re Terry’s sister, Candy is the woman he loves. You both love him, that’s what ‘s important, right? You don’t need to be jealous of Candy.

- He made up with his mother, because Candy told him to… and he didn’t even tell me… I was telling him to make peace with her too.

- Sometimes, you just need the right person to talk to you for you to finally hear…

- I know I’m ridiculous. I’m happy for my brother and for Candy. I hope she doesn’t hurt him…

- According to the pas, he’s the one who hurt her, didn’t he? Don’t worry about Terry. He’s a big boy…

Dinah put on her glasses to hide the tears coming to her eyes. Diego sat on her long chair and took her in his arms and he looked for her lips to fierily kiss her.

oOoOoOoOoOo

Meanwhile, Terry continued his reading… and he got to the moment when…

“Dear Romeo,

I’m going back to America, because Anthony is getting married with Anabeth! I’m so happy for them. They’ve been together for so long and they get along so well. Do you remember when Anabeth would bring her friends and cousins so they would be your date? It made me laugh to see that you were not interested in them. Yet they were kind or pretty enough, especially on the breast size! But I liked that you’d rather spend time with me and that Anthony could believe it and would get mad…I understand why he didn’t trust you and looked for us to find us on that beach. I often thought about what would have happened if Anthony hadn’t interrupted us that morning…he transformed my perfect evening into a nightmare and I never saw you again! I’m the matron of honor at my brother’s wedding.
I don’t know if you’re going to come to Anthony’s wedding. He was your best friend after all. I don’t talk to him about you, it’s like you’re a taboo subject between us…He’s always vague when I ask him about you.
I can’t wait to see my family, I missed them a lot. I don’t know if you’re going to come, but I hopewith all my heart that I will see you at the wedding.

I love you.

Your Juliet.”

Terry was moved when he read that letter. He was starting to understand why Candy didn’t trust him at all. He was going to break he heart again…

“Dear Romeo,

I stopped crying to write down what I was feeling. You know what happened. I was so surprised and so happy to see you again. I was ready to hear it all, to forgive you everything. I was ready to hear that you were abducted by aliens, that you were rotting in a prison cell, like in my dreams unable to come to me, I was ready to hear it all, except that you married another woman! During all these years, if I wasn’t sure of anything, I was sure of one thing, that I would be the women of your life. I’ve seen you neglect all the women Anabeth was bringing you. You’d rather be with me! So I was flabbergasted when your wife came to introduce herself… I will never forget that moment. It’s one thing to expect it and it’s another thing to be surprised without knowing it. You’ve hurt me Romeo. You someone else’s husband. I don’t have the right to think about you in those terms. I’m not your wife. I will never be. Oh Romeo, my heart is bleeding. What happened Romeo? How couldyou have betrayed me like that? I’m trying with all strength , but it’s impossible for me to hate you. I still love you.

Your Juliette.”

It ended with a poem…

For you my love, I promise what have as a future
Even if it’s another onewho is going to share your days
And that from my face, you keep only a memory
My heart and my soul belong toyou forever
Today you’re far away, without hope to reach tomorrow
I say goodbye to the hopes that I had to cross your path again
But my love, believe me, destiny and time will wind
And my dreams will let me curl up in your caressing arms.
Eternelly, I will stay by your side and yet solitary
I will learn to fight my feelings, to make them shut up
I will be yours forever and across the years
Because nothing gets extinguish when you really love each other
I’m consuming myself, yes, by letting my flame grow
Yet I’ve already made the vow to remain your wife!
By my friend Glynda08

oOoOoOoOoOo

“Dear Romeo

I don’t know how long it’s been since I last wrote to you… That’s not true, I know exactly how long. After our disastrous meeting at Anthony’s wedding, I decided to write our story which will tell what you’ve done to me. I felt good and it allowed me to let go of myself.

I also decided to go back to school. So I went to an open doors at Chicago University and I met a young man named Cole Howard. He had the British accent, it’s probably what attracted me to him. I thought he was charming until I took him at Anthony’s and the latter, if you want to believe it, told me that Cole was just a pale imitation of you! I didn’t want to believe it. I felt good, that’s all that was important. I wanted to forget about you, you were married after all. There is one of the commandment that says:

“You shall not covet your neighbour’s wife?” For me it was the husband… I already couldn’t stop loving you or forget about you. I needed someone to forget about you Romeo.”

She was talking about her courses she was going to have, then she talked about the evolution of her feelings for her dear Cole.

oOoOoOoOoOo

Candy was in her room thinking about Terry who was reading. She had forgotten what she had written, until she opened her laptop once it was charged. She called Anabeth…

- Candy? So?

- Oh Anabeth! Said Candy with a broken voice.

- What’s going on Candy? Is everything all right?

- Well the “negociations” in quotations marks, continue…

- Which means?

- Which means that I finally learned why Terry didn’t come to all our dates!!!

- Oh…

- You knew didn’t you? Anthony told you?

- I had to keep the secret, do you wouldn’t get influenced. Terry had told Anthony when he came for the wedding to be his best man…

- You could’ve told me…

- Terry didn’t want you to know, he wanted to find a way to tell you himself and Anthony told him jokingly: “Why don’t you write a novel to tell her about it…it would be easier!

- That’s what he literally did! Said Candy.

- You’re not upset with us?

- I was upset with Anthony when I learned that he blackmailed Terry to leave America!

- He wanted to protect you…, You were only 16 after all…

- You knew Anthony was the man of your life very young, didn’t you?

- Yes, but…

- Why didn’t you trust me?

- Candy…

- I knew when I was 12 that Terry was the man of my life!!! You could’ve told me didn’t you think so? I almost married another man!

- Thank God you realised in time! Anthony was going crazy imagining you with Cole! What happened between you two again?

Candy remembered...

She went to the open doors at Chicago University… there were a lot of people, young like olde wanting to go back to school. She was looking at the journalism program. She saw the program for English literature and of course she thought about Terry and his British accent.

- English literature, I like it a lot, said a voice behind her with the British accent.

Candy’s heart exploded in her chest. She turned around and she saw a young British man, according toher accent, reminded her of Terry, they had a brief resemblance or was it just the British accent. Candy’s wounded heart looked at the young man like at her Moses, who came to save her from her heartbreak… she smiled at him.

- With the accent you have, you should be teaching English litterature! She told him.

- I came to take some courses…

- You crossed the Atlantic ocean to come and study English literature in the United Stated of America?

- I like that you’re précising that I’m in the United States of America, at least I know I’m in the right country.

- You’d be surprised to find out how many people travelling with no sens of orientation whatsoever!

- Really?

- Yes, I was in Brussels once at the south station. I had to call someone, so a young man came to ask me in what country we were… and I told him… euh, in Belgium?

- He didn’t know in which country he was?

- He was touring in Europe, and since some countries in Europe are not very big?

- Yes, but to travel like that with not orientation sens…

- I did it… but I have the orientation sense!

- Really?

- Yes!

- Can you show me where the admission room is?

- What? You’re not a teacher? What a pity?

- I’m going to study English lit, you want to believe that.

- Would you be my tutor?

- How do you know I’m qualified?

- With an accent like yours? You can only be a pro in the matter…

- Cole Howard…

- Candice Andrew, Candy for my friends…

They became inseparable. Candy loved spending time with him and listen to him talk all day long. Anthony had burst her bubble by telling her she’s clinging on to a dream… But Candy wouldn’t listen.

One night, after a romantic dinner, Candy was expecting for him to propose, She was dreaming about it at night, she would dream about Terry who came to make his famour proposal. She had the impression she was seeing Terry by moment, but she would wipe that image away. She told herself that Anthony had put ideas in her head with his remarks on Cole who was a pale imitation of Terry!

The dinner went on fine until dessert. It was chocolate mousse, which Candy loved more than anything! She took a spoon smiling but she staring coughing immediately.

- Candy? Said Cole standing up, are you all right?

Candy was red chocking, Cole didn’t know what to do. One of the waiter of the restaurant arrived to put his arms around Candy’s waist. He leaned her forward and he put his closed fists, the palm looking down, in the bottom of her stomach on top of her navel and under the triangle formed by her ribs. He held his fist with the other hand, he pushed it with one blow towards him and the top. After three tries, the ring, because that’s what was chocking Candy, it was Cole’s engagement ring, it came out flying into the airs to land on another surprised couple’s table.

Candy had seen ten thousand things during that awful period, all her life flashed in front of her. Cole took her in his arms to console her, The waiting brought the ring back…

- Oh my God! Said Cole, I almost killed you! I’m sorry honey.

- No, you wanted to be romantic. It’s my fault, I hate too fast. You know how much I like chocolate mousse…

- No, it’s my fault, I wanted to overdo it…and I ruined everything.

- You were very romantic Cole… You still haven’t proposed tome…

- Oh… it totally came out of my head, honey. I’m sorry… but you almost died.

- I’m alive…

He looked at her. He was hesitating to continued what he had planned after the almost disaster earlier. But Candy’s green eyes made him melt. So he put his knee down and he said smiling:

- Candy, my darling, will you marry me?

She looked at him. The moment was emotional for her. She had heard Terry’s voice for a fraction of a second…But what was she thinking? Cole had just proposed to her! She owed him an answer! She looked at him smiling.

- Yes, she replied, smiling.

He put the ring at her finger, he stood up to take her in his arms to kiss her. People around them started clapping their hands.

Candy was living in a bubble and she was happy. She had to go to London to meet Cole’s family. She went to see Anabeth before they left.

- You almost strangled her with the engagement ring?

- Yes…

- Looks like a scene of a very bad movie…

Candy burst out laughing.

- Don’t you think it’s a sign? Asked Anabeth.

- A sign of what?

- That you shouldn’t marry him?

- Why?

- You almost chocked on his ring!

- That’s ridiculous! I love Cole!

- Are you sure?

- You’re not going to jump on Anthony’s riding train…

- Candy…

- I’m going to go to London to meet Cole’s family. I’m going to marry her, continue my life and be happy! Can you just be happy for me, please…

Anabeth took her in her arms.

- I love you Candy, be happy, said Anabeth

- I’m going to announce the news to my parents…

Her parents were happy for her and they wished her all the happiness of the world. They had a little reception with their loved ones to celebrate. Anthony was looking at his sister shaking his head… he tried again…

- Candy…

- Don’t start please.

- You almost chocked on his ring…

- “Almost” being the operating word here…

- Even your chocolate mousse must have felt bitter…

- I still love chocolate… You know that some women prefer it to sex?

- Don’t change the subject. You can’t marry Cole…

- Yes I can, I want to and I’m going to do it!

It was like, the more Anthony was telling her not to do it, the more she wanted to do it! He realised that his attitude was pushing Candy into Cole’s arms. So he stopped.

- Very well. Do as you please. But I pray you wake up before you make the biggest mistake of your life.

- I love you Anthony, said Candy hugging him

- I love you too, little sister.

The reception went on well. Cole’s family was living in the English country side, very green and they had a big villa. They had greeted her very well and they were adorable with her. Everything went fine, until the night when…

The more the wedding date was getting closer, the more Candy was hearing Anthony’s voice telling her not to marry Cole. Everything was going to be fine, she was going to marry him… She had rejected his attempt to be intimate and he was happy to have a girl in the 21st century who had values. It was something rare, he told her. HE was proud to have fallen on a girl like her.

One evening, after dinner, in the villa of Cole’s parents, he had walked her to her room and he had kissed her and the kiss got longer. In general, Cole would stop the kiss, but his time around he had continued… They found themselves on the big bed in the guests room, where Candy was sleeping during their stay at the Howards. One thing led to another, they found themselves naked on the verge of making love… Cole wanted to stop, but he loved Candy so much and he was going to marry her and it was practically impossible for him to restrain himself… Candy was still in her bubble. She was seeing herself like in a dream, she was seeing herself in Terry’s arms, she was back on that beach the morning after the ball. She was going to lose her virginity to Terry, it was going to be wonderful, in the heat of the moment she screamed:

- Oh Terry! Take me now…

A frozen shower wouldn’t have had a worst effect on Cole. He got stiffed and the charm was broken immediately.

- Terry?

- What? Said Candy like she was waking up from a nightmare.

- Terry? Who is Terry?

- I called you Terry? I’m sorry Cole…

The bubble had just bust and reality came crashing down at her feet. Tears started to come down her cheeks from her big emerald eyes.

- Who is Terry? Repeated Cole.

- He was Anthony’s best friend… I… I was in love with him…

- You’re still in love with him… what happened?

- I was too young… he had promised to come on my 18th birthday to propose tome. He never came… I probably was just his best friend’s little sister. He wasn’t serious…He came to Anthony and Anabeth’s wedding, married to another woman!

Candy was crying telling that story…

- Why did you call me “Terry” ?

- He’s also British…

- Great the accent! You’re with me because I looked like our old boyfriend?

- I’m sorry Cole… I was like blinded…

- That’s why Anthony wasn’t very warm with me?

- Cole…, I’m sorry.

- There is now way we’re getting married now…

- I understand. I just realised that you’re not Terry… I’m really sorry.

And they had broken up…

Candy came back to reality. What a crazy thing she had done with Cole. Now she was getting back together with Terry…

- You called him Terry, in the heat of the moment? Oh my God! It’s like a soap opera!

- Tell me about it!

- Poor Cole… Can you imagine if you had said the wrong name at church?

- I don’t even want to think about it!

- And good luck with Terry… He’s a Christian so I suppose you won’t get your night of love… unless you marry him tonight…

- You know, I love the fact that he respected me after all…

- Well it took you long enough to appreciate it!

- He’s my Romeo and he’s become even more perfect in my eyes! Bye Anabeth…

- Bye Candy…

She hung up smiling. She was wondering if Terry was done reading…

oOoOoOoOoOo

“Dear Romeo,

Cole is wonderful and he proposed to me. I said yes and curiously, Anthony was not happy, saying that I was making a big mistake that I was looking to recreate what I had with you. But I didn’t want to listen. I’m going to England with Cole to meet his parents.

The trip to London was fun. I couldn’t help thinking about you and that famous job who took you away from me forever…

I met Cole’s family, they’re all very nice… but the more time passed the more I thought about Anthony’s words…

Something horrible happened… one evening while we were saying good night before we go to bed, I was kissing Cole and I found myself on that beach, that morning… when we were on the verge or making love and in the heat of the moment, I called him “Terry”… Oh my God, I didn’t even realised… Needless to say that Cole wasn’t happy… I had to confess… I was using him and his “resemblance” with you…

I couldn’t marry Cole. Anthony was right, I wanted an imitation of you and I realised he wasn’t you! And him too! It was a very sad and very humiliating moment.

So I broke up with Cole, before I commit the biggest mistake of my life. He was attached to me a lot, and I didn’t love him. I loved an illusion… I loved someone else and didn’t have the right to love…

Needless to say that Anthony was glad.

I tried to fool myself for a moment, but my love for you was too strong to the point it gave me illusions!”

Terry had been jealous. He was reading the hear tight, what Candy was telling about Cole… She had the right after all to move on with her life. But he couldn’t help asking himself how could she have forgotten about him? She loved him since she was 12 years old… SO this last letter filled him with joy. He thanked the Lord. It was the most beautiful letter he had ever read!

The letters stopped there.

Terry continued reading, it was the novel she wrote after their meeting at Anthony’s wedding, that was starting. The title was ; “The broken promise”. It started with a poem again…

What if…

What if the time of one night I had let myself go all the way in your bed
Forming just one in that meantime destined to be franchised
Tasting our dream in an instant of absolute peace
So this bed will be the climax of our very contained passion
And what if, after nine moons, we had created a life
A little innocent being with as shinning look
A child that would looke like us, carrying the traits of love
The proof of a feeling that will last forever
So the little angel would carry the flame on my way
The only proof, the heir son, witnessed that we were one
And I wouldn’t have enough with two hands two rock him tenderly
And I wouldn’t have enough of a lifetime to love strongly
What if… what if… If only…
Tell me, Today, will we be reunited?

By my friend Glynda08

He continued reading. The story was about two doomed lovers, because their parents didn’t get along at all, their families were enemies. She had written her own version of “Romeo and Juliet”. The heros names were Rosalba and Trey…

They had met at the fair and they got along right away, until they realised that their families were enemies, They tried not to see each other anymore, but their love was too strong…

Trey and his family had difficult moments, Trey had to go to try and make in the world to save his family. Before he left, he went to see Rosalba to tell her goodbye. They had met in a little wooden house in the woods.

- I have to go, I have to help my family

- But… I wont see you anymore…

- I’ll come back to marry you my darling…

- You promise me?

- I promise you. I’ll come back to marry you…

- Don’t go, I’m going to miss you too much, she said jumping into his arms.

They started kissing passionately. Was it the fact that it was a goodbye kiss? Any way, the kiss was the best kiss she had never had, she didn’t want him to stop…

Terry continue reading and he was surprised by Candy’s description had done about the love scene that followed. It was exactly the scene that had happened to them on the beach that morning before Anthony came to interrupt them… and he waited for the interruption that didn’t come…Candy had written her dream! He stopped reading and took a deep breath… he under stood what the poem meant at the beginning of the novel… he continue reading. Trey had left after his nigh of passion, forced to abandoned her beloved.

Rosalba was forced by her father to get engaged to a rich man: so she wont be free for the son of their ennemy’s family… Trey came back years later and he found her married with a little boy. She didn’t wait for him… Terry couldn’t help to feel deceived and angry like the hero… he now understood Candy’s reaction better.

Trey went to see Rosalba who was now a widow, There was a storm threatening outside, He didn’t want to leave her alone, in case she…

- You can leave Trey. I’ll managed…

- And you need help…

- I’ll call the neighbours…

- That’s ridiculous, I’m here…

- At least they won't abandon me…

- I didn’t abandon you. I told you that I’ll come back to marr you. You’re the one who didn’t wait.

- I couldn’t wait anymore…

- You wanted more, he told her with an accusating tone

She burst out laughing, but there was no humour inhis eyes.

- No, Trey, I couldn’t

- Why?

- I was carrying your child

It was a shock, a big shock crushing and making his mind numb. A child… his child?

- We have a child? He asked in a breath

- A son.

He stood up and he walked to the kitchen and he saw the little boy who was eating his treat. His son? In a sudden gesture, he turned to Rosalba.

- For God’s sake Rosalba, I didn’t know …

He was unlucky indeed, there were circumstances against him for years… but if he had known to what point she needed her , he would’ve crossed hell to come to her. So there was no way he would leave her alone with this storm in the air…

The novel was unfinished… since when?

“ I think, thuserefore I am…” He said to himself.

Candy was waiting the end of their story with him to finish it… Everything was going better in his novel…
Candy had made him read all that so that he would realise that she had never stopped loving him! She wanted him now, it wasn’t pity! It was because she had realised that they were on the same wave length! And she finally had the missing pieced, she knew why he had missed all their dates, why he got married…he had to go and talk to her! What a fool he was ! How could he have believed that she didn’t love him anymore?

“Read my lips Romeo: I will never forget you”, he heard in his head.

candy4terry4ever!

+Quote Post
Gentillefille
post May 15 2018, 07:16 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

The Letters to Juliet

Chapter 19
“Forgive me…”

The existential intelligence, or spiritual intelligence, according to Howard Gardner, is define by the aptitude to question the sense and the origin or things. The capacity to think about our origins and our destiny. That spiritual intelligence, existential or moral is again define as the aptitude to situate oneself according to the cosmic limits (from infinitely big to infinitely small) or to edit the rules or the behaviour according to the domains of life. Howard Gardner only define this one a eight and a half, and not a whole intelligence like the eight others.

Terry thought he had thought about his life, about his destiny after everything that had happened to him, but he had just found out about Candy, was telling him that life was full of surprises. He knew she had always loved him ever since she was a tween. He had seen how she had fallen in love with him on the heights of her 12 years old… he had also fallen in love with the kid, but of course, he didn’t know it, he just wanted to spend all his time with her, he’d rather be in her company than with Anthony and Anabeth and all the girls they were trying to fix him up with… When did he fall in love with Candy? He was thinking and he knew exactly when… it was during their first meeting… it was love at firs sight for both of them… their love had evolved and had become stronger… he was writing her letters in his head in prison and she was writing to him in her journal… it was eerie how they were on the same wavelength. When he was in prison, talking to her in his head, he was imagining she was hearing him, he was imagining she was talking back to him, her image had kept him alive. It had given him hope… After reading Candy’s secrets, he was wondering how he could’ve doubted Candy ‘s love for him! If she was refusing to marry him, it was because she didn’t know what had happened to him! For her he had broken his promise by marrying another woman… It wasn’t the time to think about all that. He had to go see Candy and talk to her!

oOoOoOoOoOo

Meanwhile Candy was reading her old main and on top of the thank you letter from Graham Baker, she had received another letter that has stunned her.

“My dear Candy,

I know you’re going to be surprised to receive my letter post-mortem. I’m not in this world anymore, but I have something to tell you. We didn’t get the occasion to talk at your brother’s wedding and to learn that Terry was my husband must have given you a terrible shock.

Maybe you’re aware of the whole story by now. I’m writing you to thank you. I “stole” your man, but he made the last days of my life very happy. He’s an honourable man, who respected his marriage vows. He made me accept Christ and I died in peace. He’s the best man ever, he didn’t have to do everything he did, after everything I did to him, he forgave me… So if you’re not together yet, don’t lose another minute. The time I spent with Terry was the happiest time of my life. You have him for the rest of your life, don’t lose another minute. He loves you and if you love him too, be happy together.

May the Lord bless you.

Susanna Marlowe Grandchester.”

Candy was shocked; the letter was resent to London, but she had already left, and Cole had took his sweet time to send her her old stuff. She couldn’t resent him for that. She used him to try to forget Terry, without any success. She was still ashamed of her behaviour.

She got out of the room to go to the kitchen and to see if Terry was done reading her secrets. She had just passed in front of the office when the door opened. She turned around. Terry was looking at her. He ran to her to take her in his arms and kiss her passionately on the mouth for a long while, she kissed him back. When they stopped, breathless…

- I love you Romeo, she said.

- You don’t need to tell me… I know. I’m sorry for earlier… Oh my love, what an idiot I was! I almost ruined everything…

- I wouldn’t have given up without fighting you know…

- I can’t believe we were on the same wave length…
They were both walking together and they went in one of the living rooms and they sat down on a leather couch, in each other’s arms.

- A letter full of discoveries, said Candy smiling

- You can say that again! And I thought I was the only one who had revelations to make.

- Please forgive me for my attitude towards you. Thank you for persevering . As a writer you know that writing is the best way to relief yourself when we have a problem, don’t you ? I’m fascinated to know that you wrote all those letters in your head in prison.

- I have a memory like an elephant…

- Tell me about it! She said smiling curling up against him with love.

- Forgive me for my marriage…

- I understood what happened and I love you even more for everything you did for your wife. Instead of being angry at her, you forgave her… They say there’s a big party in heaven when a soul gets converted…

- I didn’t love her like I loved you, but I was her friend…

- You really took “For better or worse, in sickness and in health…” to the letter…

- I read everything you wrote… your novel to let go of yourself in which you put all of our dreams… it’s very good.

- Is that a compliment from Teresa George or from Terrence Graham Grandchester the third?

- Both…

- Looks like we get inspired when we’re unhappy…

- Why didn’t you have it published?

- First of all, because it’s full of my most intimate thoughts, then, I couldn’t finish it, I didn’t want to finish it…

- You didn’t want to give up on your dream…

- In this novel, I was finding you again, like I wanted you to be…

- Trey didn’t get married… he was smarter than me…

- The circumstances were different…

- But I wished I found you with my son when I came back…

- We will have all the children you want my love…

- So are you finally accepting my proposal?

- I would’ve said yes on my 18th birthday…

- And I understood why you were saying “no”… by the way, thank you for the letter you wrote for my liberation…

She looked at him with love.

- Oh yeah!, I just found out that you’re Graham Baker… I still can’t believe it!!! You’re welcome my love. I’m happy to see that I wasn’t doing nothing while you were rotting in prison… I’m sorry for your stay in prison…

- You didn’t know…

- Unconsciously, I knew, I was having dreams of you in a dark place and you couldn’t come to me…

- If I had any doubt that you were the woman of my life, reading your secrets convinced me for good. Are you sure my marriage doesn’t bother you anymore?

- Terry… I assure you. Don’t worry about it and…

She had a little pause.

- And…

- I got a letter from Susanna…

- You what? When?!

- I came with my things from London… Cole took his sweet time to send me my stuff. I should probably just be happy he didn’t throw them away or sold them…

- What does Susanna’s letter say?

- I’ll show it to you later… I can’t resent her anymore… maybe because she’s no longer in this world…

- You forgave her?

- Yes… Oh my God Terry! A week ago, I never would’ve imagined something like that…

- You’ve open your heart again Candy…

- I was so bitter, I wasn’t thinking about what I was doing… like getting angry with you. When you respected me

- Candy, I love you and nothing is ever going to change that…

- Even when I was awful with you?

- You’re my darling Juliet and I’m you’re Romeo…

He hugged her hard against him. Candy remembered something…

- Romeo?

- Yes?

- Didn’t you sign a contract with Hollywood?

- What contract…?

- Your book…

- Oh… Oh! Yes! That’s true!

- Are you ready to rejoice now?

- Juliet, to have you in my arms again, loving me is all that I need…

- Oh Romeo…

He let go of he and he put a knee down and he asked:

- Will you marry me, Candy?

It was not the first time he was asking her, but this time around, it was music to her ears.

- Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes! She said laughing with tears in her eyes.
What a pleasure it was to hear her finally give an affirmative answer!

- Finally! He said laughing.

He took her in his arms and he started spinning around and they were both laughing. Then they stopped and they kissed again. They were happy.

Candy’s image had kept him alive… he had met the word of God in prison. Maybe it was the perfect place to meet the Lord, because most prisoners have no more hope. He had Candy to keep him alive… but he was thirsty to know the Bible and the message they had given him: “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”

He had waited for a long time for what he wanted, he wasn’t discouraged to have Candy candy and it was really worth it. All the Hollywood contracts and the success of his books wouldn’t have given him what he wanted in life. The famous psychologist Maslow with his theory and his pyramide of well being.. Love was not there sometimes but belonging was and it was in third position. Belonging and the love of others. But for Terry, love should be at the base, in first position, because he had everything on the pyramid, but he was missing love in his life. Because of that, he couldn’t appreciate his life completely like he would’ve wanted to. Without Love, the world wouldn’t exist… For Terry the pyramid of needs should start with love because it’s the base and the foundation of everything in the universe. He loved his family, his family loved him, his surrounding loved him he was missing the love of a the woman of his life for his belonging to be complete. And now, he had it and he was very happy!

They went together in Candy’s room and she showed him Susanna’s letter.

- I can’t believe she wrote you!

- She probably wanted to make sure I was going to take you back…

- She was telling me to go to you…

- You couldn’t abandon her in her state… I understand and I wouldn’t have want you to if you had done it… You’re a good man Terry. You put your wife’s happiness before yours.

- Would you ever forgive me?

- I already forgave you my love…

- I promise to put our happiness first from now on… We’re going to get married before we go to Hollywood…

- I could go to the university of Los Angeles… I have to call my parents! I have to call Anabeth! She wanted pictures with Liam Hemsworth!

- Don’t worry, she will have all the picture she wants… we can invite him to the wedding…

- Oh…why not? It will be even better if she can take the pictures herself!

- And Anthony…

- I’m…still angry with him

- Candy, he only was doing his duty as a big brother and protect his little sister…

- You’re going to tell me to forgive him, aren’t you?

- You know when you don’t forgive, you’re not blocking the other person, but yourself?

- How?

- A man once said: “Refusing to forgive is like drinking poison and hoping the other person will die…”

- You forgave your jailers, didn’t you?

- I discovered the word of God in prison, it’s the firs thing we have to do after we repent…

- Nelson Mandela also said that if he continued being angry with those who put him in prison…

- That he would still be in prison? I understood that when I received the word of God, before that, maybe I wouldn’t have agreed with that . Forgiveness is a power that sets you free… A lot of people think that when you’re refusing to forgive, you’re punishing the other person, but that’s not true, in fact you’re punishing yourself and you’re blocking a lot of things in our life…

- The good karma…

- If you want to see it like that, yes, the good karma…

Candy smiled.

- You’re going to preach my so I can become a born again Christian like you?

- I wouldn’t be a good Christian, if I didn’t do it… I just don’t want to force you…

- Force me? You went through hell, you were lied to by a woman and you stay with her and broke my heart, because you took your vows seriously, in sickness and in health… and I know what it cost you to do that to me! I want what you have, you could’ve come out of this bitter after everything that happened to you… but you’re serene and you took all my snubbing and rebuffing without getting tired… you had the patience of an angel…

- My priority was to get you back, my Juliet.

- Thank you for your patience, my Romeo… you could’ve sent me to hell…

- You? Never. You kept me alive in jail… and Susanna and her comedy, I was able to go along with it because I thought it was you I was seeing… You saved my life Candy. A part of me couldn’t abandon Susanna… especially after receiving the word of God.

- I understand…

- Forgive me for everything , my darling.

- I forgave you my love. I don’t ever want to leave you.

He hugged her hard and looked for her lips and kissed her passionately. Everything was fine for them, everything was for the best in the best of all possible worlds.

oOoOoOoOoOo

candy4terry4ever!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2018 - 11:27 PM