Rating 5 V
Gretzky
post Feb 1 2018, 04:41 AM
Post #286

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Group: Honorary Mille Member 1000+ Post
Member No.: 3493

Just watched the last of the Maze Runner movie this past weekend and am totally crushing on Dylan O'Brien again. Oh I wish I was 20 years younger and could go ga-ga fan girl all over him. I don't really like many of the younger movie/TV stars right now he's one of the few I like watching. I downloaded American Assassin last night just to watch him even though it was supposed to be a pretty bad movie. (I thought the movie was ok. Definitely could be a lot better but the plot was pretty boring. Great action fight scenes though and the final blow out scene in the ocean was pretty cool even if totally illogical. Oh well I only tuned in to watch him anyway.

Alexa

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Feb 1 2018, 08:53 AM
Post #287

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Member No.: 3557

QUOTE(Gretzky @ Jan 31 2018, 10:19 PM) *
I'd love for beauty to be more diverse but I honestly don't see this trend of Asian men now being seen as hotter. It's unfortunate but Hollywood still defines beauty. I'm just not seeing Asian actors or models in any sort of demand in popular entertainment in the western world. It's more a niche thing with fans who are into foreign entertainment.

The Asian countries don't help themselves either. They do have their own Asian idols but they worship western beauty standards. That's why you see billboards and posters of foreign (read white) movie stars plastered everywhere in ads for make-up, luxury fashion and watches. Hollywood movies are imported wholesale to all Asian countries and the audience laps it up. We don't really see the reverse in the west. Even with anime, gaming, and k-drama expanding their reach, these are still niches and nowhere near mainstream.

How many Superhero movies has Marvel and DC Comics made now? I'm still waiting for an Asian one. Maybe they'll finally have one when I turn 80 but by then I'll be a foot in the grave to go ga-ga over some young hot guy.

Right, we don't see those in the Western medias, that's why people slowly migrate to other medias. Of course most of the new fans are between 12-30 and are also interested in Asian Entertainment (Anime, pop music, video game, drama) On another forum I'm visiting, there were a thread asking ppl for their celebrity crushes and half of the men were Asians. 20-30 years ago I was the only one fangirling on Asian actors in my area and now I hear young girls talking about them in the bus.
Awww they are so cute.... but right diversity is not well represented on our TV, that's why I don't watch it anymore, everybody look like a damn relative to me wink.gif And they probably are...I mean, since I'm doing genealogy, I can say a lot of us are related in my place XD. I don't see Hollywood actors that often, at home we have mostly local channels so ...I don't really see hotties, I wonder when was the last time.... It's not just the face, but they are not stylish either... Well we don't have eye candies on TV. :/

Asian men in my place all like blonde girls, blue eyes, high nose, I absolutely have no chance hehe
but yes I noticed that in Asian magazines and online stores they were hiring foreigner models to sell Asian clothes which is totally ridiculous, the clothes don't even fit the models. They are also whitening the skin on TV when not using products to make the skin paler, wearing big contact lenses, ask for double eyelids.. That so sad. Funny thing though, foreigner characters in Asians movie/drama are often dumb, villains or both XD

I think we have to create that demand for diversity, Hollywood are just giving what they think people want, over and over, if people liked a certain "model" we can be sure they will feed us the same thing over and over until we die. They won't even try something else in case people don't like it and naturally, there is a bunch of people who don't like change and will whine if they try. Internet is the place for people who want something else and I'm pretty sure that one day, what is underground now will become more mainstream and take everybody by surprise. Just like when a Korean group won Billboard award instead of Justin Bieber, they didn't see it coming ....

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Feb 1 2018, 09:01 AM
Post #288

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Gretzky @ Jan 31 2018, 10:41 PM) *
Just watched the last of the Maze Runner movie this past weekend and am totally crushing on Dylan O'Brien again. Oh I wish I was 20 years younger and could go ga-ga fan girl all over him. I don't really like many of the younger movie/TV stars right now he's one of the few I like watching. I downloaded American Assassin last night just to watch him even though it was supposed to be a pretty bad movie. (I thought the movie was ok. Definitely could be a lot better but the plot was pretty boring. Great action fight scenes though and the final blow out scene in the ocean was pretty cool even if totally illogical. Oh well I only tuned in to watch him anyway.

Totally your type tongue.gif haha!

Your guys all have that little something in common. wink.gif

Watching something just for the guy? I'm totally doing that. I don't know if it's because I'm getting old, bored or if I just need to relax more often, but as long as the guy is cute I can watch really boring story ( I just fast forward a bit)

+Quote Post
Gretzky
post Feb 1 2018, 06:40 PM
Post #289

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aniko @ Feb 1 2018, 09:01 AM) *
QUOTE(Gretzky @ Jan 31 2018, 10:41 PM) *

Totally your type tongue.gif haha!

Your guys all have that little something in common. wink.gif

Watching something just for the guy? I'm totally doing that. I don't know if it's because I'm getting old, bored or if I just need to relax more often, but as long as the guy is cute I can watch really boring story ( I just fast forward a bit)

What is that little something they have in common? dontgetit.gif

Alexa

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Feb 1 2018, 10:11 PM
Post #290

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

It would be easier to do a collage with all the faces.

They often have blue eyes, small nose, similar shape of the face maybe...a little something alike

Of course not everybody you posted here fit the genre.

+Quote Post
Gretzky
post Feb 3 2018, 03:32 AM
Post #291

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aniko @ Feb 1 2018, 10:11 PM) *

They often have blue eyes, small nose, similar shape of the face maybe...a little something alike

Ok can I just say, Rob Lowe is THE Perfect Man!! When he was young he was beeeeautiful!!!! (Just look at that pic!!!!) daydream.gif Young Rob Lowe was also wild, verging on being the bad boy. Then now, we have mature Rob Lowe, good father and good husband. Seriously???!!! It's like he's the perfect prospect at whatever age we were!!!!!

That said, my heart still belongs to Keanu. Always will. love.gif

Now my dilemma is this: Am I obligated to add Kit Harrington to this thread? Personally I am not attracted to him in any way shape or form. I just don't feel it. But right now he's supposedly the hottest thing since sliced bread because of GoT. Does he deserve a place here among all the other hotties we've posted? I don't really care but others might.

Alexa

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Feb 3 2018, 08:29 AM
Post #292

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Gretzky @ Feb 2 2018, 09:32 PM) *

Ok can I just say, Rob Lowe is THE Perfect Man!! When he was young he was beeeeautiful!!!! (Just look at that pic!!!!) daydream.gif Young Rob Lowe was also wild, verging on being the bad boy. Then now, we have mature Rob Lowe, good father and good husband. Seriously???!!! It's like he's the perfect prospect at whatever age we were!!!!!

Now my dilemma is this: Am I obligated to add Kit Harrington to this thread? Personally I am not attracted to him in any way shape or form. I just don't feel it. But right now he's supposedly the hottest thing since sliced bread because of GoT. Does he deserve a place here among all the other hotties we've posted? I don't really care but others might.

Ah...I don't know, let people who fancy him add him. Haha! (looks like another relative)

Rob Lowe was cute then, a bit Terriesque (but more a bad boy than Terry). I didn't really watch his movies but I remember finding him cute in the Saint-Elmo's Fire video... What was I watching then? Ah right, in '85 I was too busy partying to watch anything. :/
I remember finding Jude Nelson interesting, at least his character was in Breakfast Club, maybe I found David Bowie interesting too in Labyrinth but I don't recall having a celebrity crush in the 80'...Hm..... I remember the bunch of hot of native guys at my school though, I'm sure you would have like them too, they were a bit Rob Lowe with their blue eyes, dark hair and tanned skin.
(I recently discovered native ancestors in my family tree, maybe it started from there, I dunno). At 12 I liked John Taylor (bassist in DuranDuran) but I think I was more interested in his music than anything else, I just wanted to played bass and groove too and according to my cousin we were looking alike bag.gif (Maybe he was cute at 17 but it didn't last)

Attached File  johntaylor.jpg ( 18.68K ) Number of downloads: 3

(well yeah....I had maybe the same haircut and the same shirt at that age...)

I found keanu cute later, I only knew him from Bill and Ted and his character was more dumb than sexy. I liked him better in My Own Private Idaho (but I liked River Phoenix even more...)

I'm not loyal, my crushes may change often or don't last long...I'm more crushing on the characters than the actors , so when the movie is over it's : NEXT!

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Feb 3 2018, 08:45 AM
Post #293

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Today I like HIM, but I still find him too naive and young. I would like an older version.

Attached File  27460053_1898811386819744_6581223079678490604_n.jpg ( 66.53K ) Number of downloads: 2

+Quote Post
Gretzky
post Feb 5 2018, 05:10 PM
Post #294

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aniko @ Feb 3 2018, 08:29 AM) *

Ah...I don't know, let people who fancy him add him. Haha! (looks like another relative)

Rob Lowe was cute then, a bit Terriesque (but more a bad boy than Terry). I didn't really watch his movies but I remember finding him cute in the Saint-Elmo's Fire video... What was I watching then? Ah right, in '85 I was too busy partying to watch anything. :/
I remember finding Jude Nelson interesting, at least his character was in Breakfast Club, maybe I found David Bowie interesting too in Labyrinth but I don't recall having a celebrity crush in the 80'...Hm..... I remember the bunch of hot of native guys at my school though, I'm sure you would have like them too, they were a bit Rob Lowe with their blue eyes, dark hair and tanned skin.
(I recently discovered native ancestors in my family tree, maybe it started from there, I dunno). At 12 I liked John Taylor (bassist in DuranDuran) but I think I was more interested in his music than anything else, I just wanted to played bass and groove too and according to my cousin we were looking alike bag.gif (Maybe he was cute at 17 but it didn't last)

I found keanu cute later, I only knew him from Bill and Ted and his character was more dumb than sexy. I liked him better in My Own Private Idaho (but I liked River Phoenix even more...)

I'm not loyal, my crushes may change often or don't last long...I'm more crushing on the characters than the actors , so when the movie is over it's : NEXT!

heehee.gif Funny thing: My husband has been watching The West Wing and loving it. He's in the third season now. I haven't had time to watch as I'm working on my next fiction series, so while I write, I sit next to him. From time to time, I'd look up because there are hot shots of Rob Lowe on screen. Hubby then gets all excited and starts telling me what's happening in the scene, and telling me how much I'd love this show. I have no idea what hubby is saying. I'm just oogling Rob Lowe.

I don't think I ever got into John Taylor like others. He does look good in that pic you posted though. Duran Duran had a concert here in Dec and we really wanted to buy tickets but it was a private closed concert. sad.gif

Alexa

+Quote Post
Gretzky
post Feb 5 2018, 05:11 PM
Post #295

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aniko @ Feb 3 2018, 08:45 AM) *
Today I like HIM, but I still find him too naive and young. I would like an older version.

Attached File  27460053_1898811386819744_6581223079678490604_n.jpg ( 66.53K ) Number of downloads: 2

He does look very young.

BTW I found a shot of an Asian guy for my book series. Am REALLY pleased with it. Can't wait till I can do a cover reveal (in a few months).

Alexa

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Feb 6 2018, 03:22 AM
Post #296

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Gretzky @ Feb 5 2018, 11:11 AM) *
QUOTE(Aniko @ Feb 3 2018, 08:45 AM) *

He does look very young.

BTW I found a shot of an Asian guy for my book series. Am REALLY pleased with it. Can't wait till I can do a cover reveal (in a few months).

He will be 25 next month.

27 in Korean age (I don't get how they count)

I can't wait to see that smile.gif

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Feb 6 2018, 04:26 AM
Post #297

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Gretzky @ Feb 5 2018, 11:10 AM) *
QUOTE(Aniko @ Feb 3 2018, 08:29 AM) *

heehee.gif Funny thing: My husband has been watching The West Wing and loving it. He's in the third season now. I haven't had time to watch as I'm working on my next fiction series, so while I write, I sit next to him. From time to time, I'd look up because there are hot shots of Rob Lowe on screen. Hubby then gets all excited and starts telling me what's happening in the scene, and telling me how much I'd love this show. I have no idea what hubby is saying. I'm just oogling Rob Lowe.

I don't think I ever got into John Taylor like others. He does look good in that pic you posted though. Duran Duran had a concert here in Dec and we really wanted to buy tickets but it was a private closed concert. sad.gif

I don't know what is West Wing. I read on wiki it was aired on our local tv but I don't recall my mom watching it. These days she's watching really weird stuff with a lot of naked guys O.o...

As I said I liked more the way he was playing than anything else, I still think he's a really good bass player, in guitar hero I'm not able to play his lines. I was interested in him at 12-13 years old but never had posters of him of whatever, I was seeing him like a potential old brother or mentor, never imagined anything barely sexy, then I lost interest... (I was a boring kid)
My childhood friend bought me their DVD a few years ago and tickets to see their concert in Montreal but I declined the invitation, they were also in Quebec city the same year ... but no...it's a band I started listening when I was 11 and stopped around 13. I liked them then but I'm not interested in a bunch of old guys playing the same songs. I still like some songs like Careless Memories but the band itself didn't age too well.

Compared to my cousin, I was not your typical teenager, my cousin had a lot of posters of guys on her wall and invited her friends around and they were talking about guys, cute stuff, girly stuff in an innocent way while sipping soda and eating chocolate, like in teenager movies. I didn't live that, I didn't even have my own room then and don't recall what was on the walls , don't recall having a celebrity crush or a guy or ideal I liked very much, no dreams either... I think I miss that. Maybe that's why I'm doing it now Haha! (don't worry it's nothing serious...)

+Quote Post
Gretzky
post Feb 9 2018, 02:49 AM
Post #298

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Ok I'm not crushing on him but I am definitely a fan and he's the skater I'm rooting to win at this Olympics. May I present to you all (ie Aniko) Nathan Chen!!!

So funny to see him trending on Twitter and so many girls saying he's cute. biggrin.gif Goes to show Asian guys are definitely no longer just the bookworm nerds for the younger generation.

Ok Japanese contender Hanyu is kind of legendary but I'm going to root for my fellow countryman....
Attached File(s)
Attached File  AA8EA3DD_703C_43FB_8B11_C1A0A89D0207.jpeg ( 44.75K ) Number of downloads: 2
Attached File  4351C22E_FF87_47DE_9408_AEF9697DC542.jpeg ( 42.76K ) Number of downloads: 2

Alexa

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Feb 10 2018, 03:32 AM
Post #299

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Gretzky @ Feb 8 2018, 08:49 PM) *
Ok I'm not crushing on him but I am definitely a fan and he's the skater I'm rooting to win at this Olympics. May I present to you all (ie Aniko) Nathan Chen!!!

So funny to see him trending on Twitter and so many girls saying he's cute. biggrin.gif Goes to show Asian guys are definitely no longer just the bookworm nerds for the younger generation.

Ok Japanese contender Hanyu is kind of legendary but I'm going to root for my fellow countryman....

Yes he's cute. smile.gif

Hanyu is definitely popular, there is not a day I don't see him on social medias.

I haven't seen it, but it seems that one Japanese couple did the choreography of Yuri on Ice (anime)

Otaku started invading the world wink.gif

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 18 19 20
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2018 - 05:37 AM