Cinzia
post Mar 12 2017, 04:03 PM
Post #1

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Group: Active/Top Posters
Member No.: 3648

Hi Everyone
In an Italian Forum I recently read something which I hadn’t paid any attention before but it is quite poetic in my opinion, and since apparently people in Japan do pay attention to such poetic things and Nagita seems to be particularly prone to that, I want to share this thought with all of you.
I apologize if it has already been discussed.
In that forum someone noticed something about the daffodils.
They took the two different parts in FS where those flowers were described and compared them with one another, the result is very poetic and very significant at the same time.
Not significant at all for Alfans, of course!!!!

Daffodils are just buds when Candy stumbles into Terry in a spring day on second Pony's Hill, here the description:

"The bell was chiming. Candy waved her friends off and was the first to get nimbly down.
The fastest way to get to the school building was cutting across the woods and pass through the meadow. Running in the grass dotted with daffodils’ buds, Candy started to think.
………………………………………….
Suddenly she stumbled into something and fell forward.
…………………………………………
What a misfortune for her to bump right into that person.....
…………………………………………

-I just stumbled! You should not lie down where nobody can see you! As if you were a stone!-
-Stones can’t smell daffodils-
Candy remained for an instant looking at Terry’s face. It didn’t show the faintest trace of the wounds and also his lip had completely healed. (VOL 1 PART 2 CHAPTER 6)

Candy is now an adult, living by the Avon river and describes how the daffodils in her garden, which are not just buds as in the episode of her youth at Saint Paul, are in full bloom, here’s the passage:

“Every time that instant would come back to my mind, it was always more vivid. In the attempt to mitigate this tension, I go out in the large terrace. The Avon river flows slowly, plunged in the afternoon light of the early spring. From the water a cool wind soothes the tension of my agitated thoughts. I fill my chest with the sweet fragrance of the daffodils, coming from the garden.
They are in full bloom, and I owe to them those golden reflexes that seemed to filter through the trees. (BEGINNING OF PART 2 VOL 1)”

Now, couldn’t those small flowers rapresent her love who was just in bud at Saint Paul and has become a full bloomed relationship with the very same man?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Anneth White
post Mar 13 2017, 12:08 AM
Post #2

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Group: Honorary Mille Member 1000+ Post
Member No.: 3042

QUOTE(Cinzia @ Mar 12 2017, 12:03 PM) *
Hi Everyone
In an Italian Forum I recently read something which I hadn’t paid any attention before but it is quite poetic in my opinion, and since apparently people in Japan do pay attention to such poetic things and Nagita seems to be particularly prone to that, I want to share this thought with all of you.
I apologize if it has already been discussed.
In that forum someone noticed something about the daffodils.
They took the two different parts in FS where those flowers were described and compared them with one another, the result is very poetic and very significant at the same time.
Not significant at all for Alfans, of course!!!!

Daffodils are just buds when Candy stumbles into Terry in a spring day on second Pony's Hill, here the description:

"The bell was chiming. Candy waved her friends off and was the first to get nimbly down.
The fastest way to get to the school building was cutting across the woods and pass through the meadow. Running in the grass dotted with daffodils’ buds, Candy started to think.
………………………………………….
Suddenly she stumbled into something and fell forward.
…………………………………………
What a misfortune for her to bump right into that person.....
…………………………………………

-I just stumbled! You should not lie down where nobody can see you! As if you were a stone!-
-Stones can’t smell daffodils-
Candy remained for an instant looking at Terry’s face. It didn’t show the faintest trace of the wounds and also his lip had completely healed. (VOL 1 PART 2 CHAPTER 6)

Candy is now an adult, living by the Avon river and describes how the daffodils in her garden, which are not just buds as in the episode of her youth at Saint Paul, are in full bloom, here’s the passage:

“Every time that instant would come back to my mind, it was always more vivid. In the attempt to mitigate this tension, I go out in the large terrace. The Avon river flows slowly, plunged in the afternoon light of the early spring. From the water a cool wind soothes the tension of my agitated thoughts. I fill my chest with the sweet fragrance of the daffodils, coming from the garden.
They are in full bloom, and I owe to them those golden reflexes that seemed to filter through the trees. (BEGINNING OF PART 2 VOL 1)”

Now, couldn’t those small flowers rapresent her love who was just in bud at Saint Paul and has become a full bloomed relationship with the very same man?

Hi Cinzia, nice that you posted both moments!!! and yes that is the interpretation we have made. Candy´s room is full of Daffodils perfume, it is the symbolism of Terry being in her life!!! Scottie argued that with Bequi

And Bequi and alfans answer is: the daffodils are outside candy´s home.. that means Terry is out of her life, he is part of her past. An ALBERT! is her present because she TAKES CARE ALBERT´S ROSES!!!! BECAUSE HE IS THE ELECTED ROSE (following a Shakespeare traditions about the England kings or something like that!))

Our answer is and was, when they told us that:

bwahaharoll.gif bwahaharoll.gif

"As long as we are alive, we will be able to see each other again...someday" (Mizuki & Igarachi´s Candy Candy Manga)

+Quote Post
Ariel
post Mar 20 2017, 10:34 PM
Post #3

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Group: Active/Top Posters
Member No.: 1089

A very poetic view Cinzia!!!! The symbolism makes sense for me, but I'm a Terry fan; what do I know? rolleyes.gif

Thanks for sharing!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2017 - 03:20 AM