nara
post May 22 2015, 10:53 AM
Post #1

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Group: Honorary Mille Member 1000+ Post
Member No.: 1206

Hi girls.

I was wondering if you could give me some idea or lend me a hand for a bit of brainstorming. I'm quite passionate about SEO and internet marketing and it is my idea to set a professional blog. I'd need a bit of brainstorming as my mind is blocked at the moment.

My initial idea was to set a blog about London/UK targeted to Italians, with the idead of monetizing through affiliation but there are quite a few around and competition may be quite strong.

The second idea would be to set up a blog in English about Venice in English,still I'm not sure about that.

Any ideas for a niche blog?

"Sleep" by Mercurio

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Anneth White
post May 22 2015, 01:43 PM
Post #2

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Member No.: 3042

QUOTE(nara @ May 22 2015, 06:53 AM) *
Hi girls.

I was wondering if you could give me some idea or lend me a hand for a bit of brainstorming. I'm quite passionate about SEO and internet marketing and it is my idea to set a professional blog. I'd need a bit of brainstorming as my mind is blocked at the moment.

My initial idea was to set a blog about London/UK targeted to Italians, with the idead of monetizing through affiliation but there are quite a few around and competition may be quite strong.

The second idea would be to set up a blog in English about Venice in English,still I'm not sure about that.

For me definitively Venice!! Italy in general with all its wonderful ancient places, the history about them, the art, and the romanticism is a place that everybody wants to know!! London is known more for wealthy people or upper classes tourism (from a point of view of a latinamerican girl), and I think Italy deserves very nice web pages to promote going there for tourism or for business.

If you want to write about London/UK, you will have to know so much about their culture, business area, tourism, and it would be better to live there to see what can you offer to people and get their interest...

But I think Venece or any Italy city is more attractive:

candyhugs4you.gif

"As long as we are alive, we will be able to see each other again...someday" (Mizuki & Igarachi´s Candy Candy Manga)

+Quote Post
eleanna
post May 22 2015, 02:09 PM
Post #3

Le sombre enfant terryble
Group Icon

Group: Sliver Terry 5,000+
Member No.: 611

I read Anneth's reply and I got an idea. In general to have a website or a blog which contains information about a city for people of another country who want to visit or stay even is an attractive one and I still haven't found a website which is effective enough to encompass many aspects of living in another place (London for example as you mentioned it).

What if...you did create a blog, or a website where you called Italians who already live in London to give tips for the Italians who are thinking of moving or visiting. I for once despair when I hear where English tourists are going when they visit Athens. OK yes, they visit the obvious museums and the ancient ruins, Parthenon, etc. but the eateries for example, they will never know to go to a truly popular spot with the locals. There are neighbourhoods with little tavernas who do amazing food for cheap. And very atmospheric old cafes, not Starbucks etc. Perhaps traditional buildings which are used as galleries, or libraries. Really great Byzantine churches which I didn't know and I had met a friend who has photography as hobby and he took me to a neighbourhood of Athens where I had never been and it was quite central! The church there was one of the oldest in the city! And then if you think of staying, which are the good agencies for renting a flat? Where do they have food markets, farmers markets? Where do you get your bus passes? What's happening with cards like national insurance card. How do you get one? And a lot more!

Yes, someone with a lot of effort can search each individual aspect separately on Google. But most friends of mine who are thinking of moving to UK from Greece never google. They send an email straight to me and ask. What is it like. So a very interesting idea in my book is to have an open blog or website where Italians can go and leave information for other Italians. Starting with London perhaps and expanding.

OR the other way around, focusing on tourism:

Italians living in Venice give a really local view of the city for tourists to come. Little hidden squares that only locals know. Or eateries, or cafes, or a part of the city with special history but which is overlooked by the official guides...

And again you can expand with Italians living in Rome, in Verona etc.

"Believe what you may and yet one man held her heart in his hands"

+Quote Post
nara
post May 22 2015, 03:26 PM
Post #4

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Anneth White @ May 22 2015, 02:43 PM) *
QUOTE(nara @ May 22 2015, 06:53 AM) *
Hi girls.

For me definitively Venice!! Italy in general with all its wonderful ancient places, the history about them, the art, and the romanticism is a place that everybody wants to know!! London is known more for wealthy people or upper classes tourism (from a point of view of a latinamerican girl), and I think Italy deserves very nice web pages to promote going there for tourism or for business.

If you want to write about London/UK, you will have to know so much about their culture, business area, tourism, and it would be better to live there to see what can you offer to people and get their interest...

But I think Venece or any Italy city is more attractive:

candyhugs4you.gif

Thank you dear for your feedback. The hilarious thing is I know much more about the UK than a city which is only half an hour from me wink.gif In this case the blog should be in English and targeted to a niche of tourists...I will think about that...

"Sleep" by Mercurio

+Quote Post
nara
post May 22 2015, 03:41 PM
Post #5

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(eleanna @ May 22 2015, 03:09 PM) *
I read Anneth's reply and I got an idea. In general to have a website or a blog which contains information about a city for people of another country who want to visit or stay even is an attractive one and I still haven't found a website which is effective enough to encompass many aspects of living in another place (London for example as you mentioned it).

What if...you did create a blog, or a website where you called Italians who already live in London to give tips for the Italians who are thinking of moving or visiting. I for once despair when I hear where English tourists are going when they visit Athens. OK yes, they visit the obvious museums and the ancient ruins, Parthenon, etc. but the eateries for example, they will never know to go to a truly popular spot with the locals. There are neighbourhoods with little tavernas who do amazing food for cheap. And very atmospheric old cafes, not Starbucks etc. Perhaps traditional buildings which are used as galleries, or libraries. Really great Byzantine churches which I didn't know and I had met a friend who has photography as hobby and he took me to a neighbourhood of Athens where I had never been and it was quite central! The church there was one of the oldest in the city! And then if you think of staying, which are the good agencies for renting a flat? Where do they have food markets, farmers markets? Where do you get your bus passes? What's happening with cards like national insurance card. How do you get one? And a lot more!

Yes, someone with a lot of effort can search each individual aspect separately on Google. But most friends of mine who are thinking of moving to UK from Greece never google. They send an email straight to me and ask. What is it like. So a very interesting idea in my book is to have an open blog or website where Italians can go and leave information for other Italians. Starting with London perhaps and expanding.

OR the other way around, focusing on tourism:

Italians living in Venice give a really local view of the city for tourists to come. Little hidden squares that only locals know. Or eateries, or cafes, or a part of the city with special history but which is overlooked by the official guides...

And again you can expand with Italians living in Rome, in Verona etc.

Dear Eleana,
Thank you for your feedback.

As a matter of fact I would feel quite confortable writing about the UK and in Italian and I would never tire of,there would always be something I lnow I could write. As you know there are so many Italian expats in the UK and the flow grows every day. The thing that refrains me is the competition. There are so many blogs/websites for italians on the subject
http://www.londranews.com/
http://www.londradavivere.com/
http://www.italiansunited.com/
http://www.italianialondra.com/

to name just a few

Including those portals which give italians hints on how to expatriate
http://www.italiansinfuga.com/
http://nuke.mollotutto.com/

and many others

Basically it's not an original idea, competition is tough and monetizing is therefore tougher. I would need to find something more niche, including the fact patience is not one of my virtues and dealing with some Italian people requires quite a lot of it wink.gif

I was thinking about concentrating on tips about work in the UK, by now I'm an expert, but again,this is far from original:)
Or trekking in the UK...Gigging in the Uk...I don't know,they are just ideas...

As for Venice, I believe there are a few websites/blogs around and the average reader wouldn't mind if my English is not that perfect as it should be. They may be symphatetic My problem here is I don't feel "passionate" about the subject and I don't know much, so the risk of giving up is quite strong wink.gif But the audience could be wide...quite a few people love Venice, but I don't feel myself writing on English about art, history or archtecture. I would never come out of it wink.gif

I've already got a blog which I use as "technology testing" but I'm not feeling passionate about it.

I like following traveller's blogs, like this one of this Italian girl who quitted a job at Burberry paid 40k to be a travel blogger and go around the world

http://www.keepcalmandtravel.com/

Every now and then she gives me some technical tips, so I generally have some knowlege of how to handle the technical side of it but as I'm not a creative person I quite struggle finding subjects which are a bit more original and with less competition. smile.gif

"Sleep" by Mercurio

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2019 - 02:32 AM