An Unexpected feeling
“The end of a thing is better than its beginning”
Patricia had forgotten how good it was to make love with her husband… Oh my God, she loved him so much! He was so loving,so tender… Was candy wright? Was Terry really in love with her? WHydidnt he tell her? Why say it in front o f the whole world? He probably wanted to make a spectacle of himself and look good, to show the whole world that he was perfect! It was a performance, for the whole world! Terry wasn’t in love with her! Why was she thinking bout that at that moment? She had to take advantage of her husband before thecontractions get too strong… They fell asleep, fully satisfied of one another… until the contractions got stronger and woke up Patricia…
- Yes, you want some more my darling? He asked with a sleepy voice?
- No, silly, the contractions got stronger…
- So what?
- So we have to go to the hospital…
- What? He said like he just realised what she had just said
- I’m going to go get ready, said Patricia going to the bathroom
- Are you sure you're fine?
- And certain! She said smiling
She got in the bathroom walking slowly,,, she got out ten minutes later and Terry replaced her and got out five minutes later… Patty had her bag ready to go…
- You were prepared? Asked Terry
- Yes, life is unpredictable…
- You’re perfect, he said smiling at her, let’s go.
He took the bag she had prepared and she took he rpurse and they left the suite to go to the hospital. Once in the hospital, he was taken in charge by the nurses and she had a private room… she changed and Terry took wearing the protection gowns for the birth. When she was install, she took her cellphone to call Candy and Annie…
- Patty? Said Candy, you’re still there?
- I’m still here, said Patty
- What were you doing all night?
- You’re kidding! Said Candy burst out laughing
- Do I look like I’m kidding? Said Patty
- That was must accelerate the labour...
- That was the point…
- Oh… was it good?
- What do you think?
- All right...ok, we’re on our way, here’s Annie
- Hello sweetie? Are you all right?
- For the moment, I can take it
- You’re not there yet, I can assure you that it becomes unbearable!
- Annie, stop scaring me…
- You’ll see soon enough… We’re on our way. How’s Terry?
- He;s fine, he;s dozing off on the armchair
- What? Wake up up!
- But we haven’t stlept all night! We were screwing
- Too much information! So what? You’re going to do all the labour work alone? Wake your husband up!
- All right. I’m waiting for you!
Patricia hug up and woke Terry up.
- Hey Juda Ben-Hur, wake up!
- What? Is it time? Said Terry startled
- No, but you’re not sleeping while I;m awake, either we both sleep or we both don’t! We both spent thenight making each other feel good…
Terry smiled. Her friends had probably told her to wake him up… it wasn’t a problem, he was going to stay awayke waiting for the baby to come…
- I’m going ot call my mother, he said taking his cellphone
- All right, my parents
- Hello mum1 Said Terry, you’re still asleep?
- Terry I just closed my eyes! What’s wrong
- We’re at the hospital…
- What? She said all alert,which hospital?
- Mount Sinai Hospital…
- I’m on my way!
- Can you pick up my inlaws on your way?
- All right!
Patricia called her grandmother
- I’m at the hospital, grandma
- Patricia! Since last night?
- No, since this morning, we just got here…
- You celebrated too much last night and it accelerated the labour!
- Grandma! Said Patricia
- That would be a “yes” ! I’m taking your parents and I’m coming
- Eleonor Baker is coming to pick you up and bring you here
- So see you soon, my darling…
The doctor arrived to examine Patricia. He had access to her file in New York by computer.
- You’re at 5 cm, you dilatation is going fine… did you make love before you came? He asked just like that.
- Yes, said Patricia blushing
- That’s very good, it accelerates the contractions, you wouldn’t want your labour to last too long would you?
- Of course not…
- Everything is going fine, he said looking at the labour progress on the machines Patty was hooked up to, anyway I’m happy to have the best actor Oscar winner the next day of his win… I loved the move by the way, you’re as good as Charlton Heston!
- You’re making me too much honor doctor, said a modest Terry, but thank you very much. I took the role thank s to my wife…
- Yes, you mentioned that in your speech…
- I didn’t want to take the role, I didn’t agree with the changes they had made… Patricia told m e to see if I could rearrange it before I say yes… and it helps to be a popular actor, I was able to convince them and I took the role.
- So we owe this new beautiful version to you? Said the doctor looking at Patricia who was having a contraction.
She just smiled… the doctor continued talking to Terry.
- Can you tell me what they wanted to do with the changes?
- Well the got rid of the whole Rome episode…
- How? What was supposed to happen to him during the attack on the galley?
- He was supposed to wash ashore in Israel or somewhere and go back to Jesusalem.
- Where they were looking for him? It doesn’t make much sense; it’s when he came back as a Roman citizen that Messala was intimidated…I understand your unwilling ness,it would’ve been a fiasco!
Terry burst out laughing… he looked a Patricia and he took her hand which she held strong.
- It’s going to be fine honey, he said…
When the contraction passed, he kissed her on the lips… The doctor looked at them smiling
- I see that you’re in good hands with your husband. I’ll come back to see you later…
And he got out of the room.
- I’d like to share your pain.
- I don’t think so Terry, said Patty
- Well God did say “and in pain you will give birth.“
- And we know that God always keep his word…
He kissed her again. Their friends and family arrived and they found them in that position.
- Last night’s euphoria is not over yet? Asked Eleonor
- Let them enjoy before it gets painful, said grandma Martha.
- Yes,said Annie,let them take advantage.
- Oh stop scaring you her! Said Candy nicely, can I examine you , Patty?
- Of course Candy,said Patty smiling
Candy examined her while she was continued talking to the others.
- So Terry, said Anthony, you were busy after you left the party with your beloved.
- What do you mean? Asked Terry innocently
- That we’ve all had children and we know what to do to accelerate things! Said the dandy
Terry burst out laughing with everybody and Patricia was bright as red, again!
- Terry, you should’ve brought your Oscar, we wanted to see it, said Archie
- It’s in my bag, said Patricia
- What? Said Archie
- Well Terry gave it to me… so I put it in my bag…
Terry went to get the bag and opened it to get the little golden statue out… he gave it to Archie…
- It’s heavier than I thought, he said smiling
- That’s what everybody says, and that what I thought when I won mine, said Eleonor…
- Right! Said Archie, we have the great Eleonor Baker, the academy award winner here with us!
He was fascinated…
- Mother and son academy award winners! Said Anthony, congratulations!
- Maybe the next generation is going to follow into your footsteps, said Candy smiling.
- Three generations of actors! Said Annie smiling, that’s wonderful!
- Congratulations Terry, said Anthony and also for Hamlet... the prince of Denmark…
- Then you played the prince of Hur, which one you like best? Asked Annie
- Well the princeof Hur was a different role,and it allowed me to travel on a lot of different sites for shooting… I like both roles, Shakespeare will always be my first love… But playing Ben-Hur was a unique experience!
- You must be even richer, said the dandy, with the money from Hamlet and Ben Hur, you’ll be safe for life if you invest your money wisely…
- You’ve got any tips for a good investment, Archie?
- Our company has the best investors and the best financial advisers, you know…
Archie looked at Patty and he said:
- By the way Patty, Alistair left you something…
- Really? Said Patty distracted
- Yes, a nice little chunk of money…
- Oh, I don’t need money Archie.
- The abundance of goods doesn’t hurt, said Archie smiling, think about it.
- For the moment, I really don’t want to think about it, you know… I’m just having a baby! She said louder
- I’m sorry sweetie, we’ll talk about it later… it’s inappropriate…
- You’re not the only one to say inappropriate things, Archie…
Patty’s parents and her grandmother arrived and they got in the room which was now full. But Pattywas starting to get irritated… Terry was looking at her,he approached the bed…
- Are you ok my darling? He asked
- I’m having a baby! How do you think I am?!
Terry looked at the machines hooked to his wife. There was one measuring the intensity of the contractions, she was having one…
- Breathe honey, said Terry, breathe! And was doing the gesture with his mouth blowing.
Patricia was sulking, but the Lamaze classes were the last thing on her min and she didn’t want to think about it…
- Patty, said Annie, you go ahead I swear you’ll feel a little relieved…
- A little…
- It’s better than nothing, said Candy, blow Patty…
- It’s going to be fine, my darling, said her grandmother
- Thank you grandma, thank you for being here, mom… dad
- That’s normal, said her mother smiling
- I’m going to go sit in the hallway, said her father kissing her on the forehead
- All right daddy…
- I’ll go with your father
- I’m going to go in the hallway too, said her grandmother, I won’t be far my darling… if you need me, you yell, I’ll come running!
Patricia tried to laugh despite a contraction she was having…
Annie and Annie were doing like Terry and they started blowing to encourage the future mummy…Patricia was trying to blow and she felt a little relieved… She stopped when the contraction stopped and she a little painless moment.
- Thanks girls, said Terry smiling
And he turned to Patricia…
- Are you feeling better my darling? He asked
- For a few seconds, she said dryly
- You want something? Cold water? Ice chips? Asked Terry
- No, she said coldly
They continued like that until the contraction were every three minutes… Patricia was so irritating, Terry couldn’t take it anymore…
- Are finally going to tell me what I did?
- While I’m giving birth? She asked.
- Let’s just put all the cards on the table, you want everything to go fine, right?
- I hate you Terry!
He was a little surprised, then he said to himself it was probably the pain…
- You got me in this situation!
- It takes two to tango, said Terry
- You had your pleasure and you didn’t care about me! You still don’t care about me!
- I care about you and you know it!
- How would I know it? She spat
- I dedicated my Oscar to you, I gave it to you…
Patricia closed her eyes, she was blowing to relieve herself… when the contraction was over…
- You’re talking about the declaration you did in front of the whole world? That was for me?
- Of course? Who did you think I was talking about? He asked surprised
- I thought you would’ve made you declaration in private… I wish I was alone when I heard it… I didn’t know if you were serious or if you were making a show… to make you look good…
- Oh my God, Patricia! I was sincere!
- You should’ve told me in private!
- I wanted to do it…
- Really ? Why didn’t you do it?
- It was the day you got the news that Alistair’s body was found…
She made a grimace and she started blowing, for a moment… When the contraction passed…
- Do you want an epidural? Asked Terry
- No, it has consequences in the future, I might suffer back pain…
- You always think too much, my darling, but you’re right…
- I also wanted to talk to you that evening, when I got the news that upset everything…
- What do you mean?
A contraction arrived and she squeezed Terry’s hand…
- I wanted to tell you that… I… love …you, she said between two blowing…
Terry looked at her surprised, his heart was filling up with love and joy.
- I beg your pardon, said Terry a little stunned
- You’ve heard me… Richard!
- My Adeline, come again…, said Terry imperturbable.
Another contraction, a strong one had started… Patricia had to make the ultimate effort.
- I LOVE…YOU!!!!! She yelled.
Terry smiled and the others had remained silent, listening to them, they started laughing. The doctor arrived, followed by a nurse… the doctor examined her.
- You’re completely dilated Mrs. Grandchester, are you ready to push?
- I…don’t know, she said breathless
She took Terry’s hand who was looking at her. He kissed her on the lips.
- You can do it, my darling, I love you… let’s do this…
Patricia pushed, once, she screamed, squeezed her husband’s hand and pushed for a second time and finally she did it, the third time by screaming loud… the cry of a big baby was heard and their friends clapped their hands and screamed of joy!!!!
- It’s a boy! Said Terry moved, oh, he’s perfect!
He cut the umbilical cord. The doctor took care of Patricia… The nurse took the baby to clean him up and put him a diaper. She put a brassiere on him, she wrapped him on a flannel sheet and he gave him to his mother…
- Let me introduce you to your don, said the nurse
- Hello you! Said Patty smiling, look at those cheeks! And those beautiful brown hair!
Terry approached her…
- Look daddy, look at this little wonder! She said smiling with tears o joy in her eyes
- Hello you! Said Terry taking the baby
Candy went to tell Patty’s parents and grandmother who were in the waiting room.
- It’s a boy! Said Candy
- Whoa! Said the grandmother happy
- Let’s go see our grandson, said her mother
- Let’s go, said Mr. O’Brien
The parents went to the room to see their grandson.
- Oh Patricia! Said her mother smiling, he’s so beautiful!
Terry approached them and gave the baby to grandma Martha. She knew she was very close to Patty, more than her parents… The old woman was crying of joy, her great grandson!
- Now I can die in peace, I saw the next generation…
- Shut up grandma, said Patty, I still need you!
- How are you going to name him ? Asked Mrs. O’Brien
Terry approached the grandmother who was carrying the baby.
- Thank you for this little wonder! He told Patricia, Sean is going to be hapy to have a little brother… right Alistair?
Patricia was surprised, she opened her big eyes.
- Oh, said Mrs. O’Brien.
- Terry, he’s your son… you don’t have to, tried Patricia
- Yes, he was my friend too… and you were calling him that from the start… let’s honour our friend…
- Alistair Richard Grandchester…, said Patty smiling
- Richard? Said Terry smiling, my father is going to be happy, Adeline…
Patricia smiled, just when she thought she couldn’t love him more… Terry approached her and Patricia pulled him towards her and kissed him on the lips.
- Thank you Terry, I love you, she said
- You’re very welcome, my darling, I love you, he replied
- Thank you Patricia, thank you terry, said Archie moved to tears.
- Yes, said William, who was talking for the first time, thank you very much.
Candy and Annie went to kiss Patricia to congratulate her.
- Welcome to the mommy’s club! said Annie smiling
- And it’s not over, now it’s the sleepless night…
- I’m sure Terry is going to hire a nanny, said Candy smiling
- I eager to spend time with my baby, said Patty smiling
- Let’s let the new mommy rest a little, said Williem
- Yes,let’s let them rest, said Candy to the others, let’s gon and have lunch…
- Yes, we’ve been here for hours, said Archie
He went to kiss Patricia.
- Congratulations sweetie and thank you again for the name!
- Thank you Archie, she said moved
- Yes, said William, thank you for the name and congratulations Patricia
- Yes, Patricia, said Anthony, that’s a beautiful baby, congratulations and thank you for the name!
- Thank you and you’re welcome!
Their friends got out of the room to go and have lunch and shop for baby present. Patricia’s parents got out to go baby shopping…
- We’ll come back tonight, all right? Said Patty’s mom
- All right, said Terry, we’re going to rest
- Yes said Eleonor winking at him, after the night you had…
- See you later mum, said Terry, go see Sean and bring him so he could see his little brother.
- Poor sweetie, he must think we’ve abandoned him! But I went to see him to explain to him that mummy was going to have the baby… he ‘s crazed with joy
- I can’t way to see him!
- I’m going to take him to buy something for the baby… see you later!
Patricia was already asleep. A nurse arrived to examined her and change her. Terry put the baby in the litte hospital crib next to his mummy. When the nurse left, he went to lie down on the bed with his wife and they both fell asleep. The nurse took the baby to take him to the nursery and she was going to feed him while mummy and daddy were sleeping…
Their families and friends came back the arms full of presents and they celebrated the birth of the baby in joy and love…
Eleonor had come back with little Sean who was eager to see his little brother!
- He’s so tiny! Said Sean smiling
- But he’s going to grow up fast to play with you!
- I can’t wait to to play with my little brother, thank you mummy, thank you daddy for my little brother! I bought him a red truck, a fire truck,… it makes noise!
- For the moment, the baby only thinks about sleeping to grow up
- All right , said Sean
- Thank you Sean, for the present, said Patricia, come and see the baby.
- What’s his name? Alistair?
Patricia looked at him surprised…
- How do you know that?
- You always said that name when you talked to him when he was still in your belly, Sean explained
- Oh, said Patty smiling, yes, his name is Alistair.
Patricia was carrying the baby and Trry put Sean next to his mummy. He kissed Alistair on the forehead.
- Hello Alistair,I’m Sean, I’m your big brother! And I can’t wait for you to grow up to play with you! I love you little brother!
Everybody was moved and smiling to the beautiful scene. A lot pictures were taken to commemorate that day… Reporters had also come to tape and let the world know that the Oscar winner for best actor, had just won another little guy, he had a double Oscar and a new son.
Terry and his family went back to New York and their friend went back to Chicago.
Eleonor had called the duke who had seen the news on television and he took the plane to see his grandson. He could’ve come to the Oscars, but he had other engagements.
Eleonor did a baby shower for the baby and their Chicago friends, The duke of course, had opened a trust fund for his new grandson.
- He doesn’t need all that money dad!
- I know but, I’m still giving it to him… abundance of goods doesn’t harm…
- It’s useless arguing with him, said Eleonor smiling.
Patricia’s father was able to do business with the duke; he didn’t have the opportunity to come to the wedding.
Patricia stopped working to raise her children. She wanted to take advantage of their early years. Her parents had sent her to boarding school and she never really knew a family life with her parents, Her grandmother would often come to see her in boarding school… that’s why she got so close to her. So she wasn’t going to do the same thing to her children… She was raising the children and when she could she would go with Terry on his movie sets around the world… She would also go see her friends in Chicago and little Sean didn’t forget about Rosemary, they would ofter talk on the phone. Archie’s attitude towards Terry had changed after the birth of the baby to whom Terry had given his brother’s name; Alistair. The baby had brought peace; he was a real angel of peace.
Sean was happy to have a little brother who looked a lot like him. He would come to play with him and would talk to him like he understood what he was saying…
Patricia and Terry were looking at them smiling…
- Yes my love, said Patricia
- You said you loved me, why did you reject me?
- Because I felt guilty… I’m sorry
- I understand, Apology accepted.
- And when you did your declaration at the Oscars, I didn’t know what to think… I thought you were acting… after all, you’re an actor…
- I wouldn’t have act like that Patty...
- Candy is the one who told me you were sincere
- Yes, she knows you more than anybody else, she recognised your sincerity…
- Well, my darling, you’re learning to know me and soon you’ll know me better than anybody else… the woman of my life and the mother of my children.., I love you!
- I love you my love… My God, if they had told me that a few years ago… life is really full of surprises!
- “The end of a thing is better than its beginning” Eccl 8:8
- You can say that again! Said Patty laughing…
- “The end of a thing is better than its beginning”
They burst out laughing.
- Did I ever thanked you from saving me from that gang bang?...
- You were not that grateful when you woke up un my arms…
- You put me in your bed…
- It was your fault, you jumped on me…
- You could’ve resisted…
- I’m only a human being after all…
- It started another chapter of our lives… I love you Terry
- I love you Patricia…, he said taking her lips in a fierily kiss
- “The end of a thing is better than its beginning”… The Bible really has the answer to all the questions, said Terry when he let her go…
- It’s not he most read book of all times for nothing…
- Nobody can surpasses God!
- 1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
- 2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
- 3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
- 4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
- 5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
- 6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
- 7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
- 8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
Life as a matter of fact, often reserves us surprises we were not expecting. Destiny has a lot of whims, when you think you understand, it goes and changes his way of doing… If you manage to recognise its hand, you can take what it’s giving you and you’ll have the chance to be happy, you just have to make the right choice… He always gives us a hand for our happiness…
God’s ways are not our ways…
Terry and Patricia had their whole lives in front of them, they were happy, life had given them lemon and they made lemonade.