terenceforever
post May 10 2014, 02:29 AM
Post #16

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Group: Active/Top Posters
Member No.: 2352

QUOTE(Gretzky @ May 10 2014, 01:37 AM) *
She is an excellent illustrator. But she's not very good atdrawing adult men, and I've said this before in another post. All the older adult men look the same in CC and none of them look good. I still find it unbelievable that celibate Eleanor Baker had a steaming affair with him. Since it wasn't money she was after, well....he got no looksand his personality was a total dud. What gives? And come, on, gorgeous Terry's father can be a little better looking.

About Gerogie, I was always shocked that it contained partial nudity and a sex scene. I guessfor me, her drawing always fall on the cute side especially the girls. Her female characters are very asexual to me. Many are like porcelain dolls. She is at her best drawing younger men.

Do you think so, Alexa? rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif So, I partially agree with you. What I mean is that I also think, as you, that Igarashi is at the top when she draws young men: Terry the first, but I like very, very much Albert, Anthony, Abel in Georgie, Johnny in Mamye Angel, Rasha (Paco in Italy) in Tim Tim Circus, Romeo in Romeo and Juliet (this one is really very, very cute)... But I think thah the young girls too are really very beautiful.. I like Georgie and Mamye Angel very, very much! Annie is selfish but really beautiful. Candy and Tim Tim are very pretty, Anne in Agake no Anne is so pretty that is not very faithful to the original author's mind, IMO. I like Joséphine in Bara no Josephine... Adult woman are also beautiful: Eleanor Baker, Rosemary, Mamye Angel's mother, Tim Tim's mother. The only think I can blame to Igarashi is... that she drawns them to much similar. Ikeda makes the same with her drawning...

Well, I like the mature duke of Grandchester: Probably it's because I'm not so young anymore? rolleyes.gif And about George, probably he is not very cute but the drawn is very faithful to the character.

It's a pleasure to talk with you and exchange opinion, Alexa. If you all want, I can put the link to others manga too... Would you like to see Gone with the wind? Unlucky this one too is only in Italian...

Aimer, ce n'est pas se regarder l'un l'autre, c'est regarder ensemble dans la même direction.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry - Terre des Hommes

Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry - Le Petit Prince

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gretzky
post May 10 2014, 11:39 AM
Post #17

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Group: Honorary Mille Member 1000+ Post
Member No.: 3493

QUOTE(terenceforever @ May 10 2014, 02:21 AM) *
But I think thah the young girls too are really very beautiful.. I like Georgie and Mamye Angel very, very much! Annie is selfish but really beautiful. Candy and Tim Tim are very pretty, Anne in Agake no Anne is so pretty that is not very faithful to the original author's mind, IMO. I like Joséphine in Bara no Josephine... Adult woman are also beautiful: Eleanor Baker, Rosemary, Mamye Angel's mother, Tim Tim's mother. The only think I can blame to Igarashi is... that she drawns them to much similar. Ikeda makes the same with her drawning...

Actually, I do find her drawing of girls and young women beautiful. When I was 7 and watched CC anime, I thought Candy wore the most beautiful dresses and every girl I knew who watched it wanted to have pigtails just like her. What I mean is that they look more like porcelain dolls. Very beautiful but have no sexual appeal. I guess it's the age for which the drawings are for. Thing is, the manga she drew for had some very adult content (like Lady Georgie) and mature plot lines (CC's plotline is very mature actually). So there's an incongruity as to the drawing style and the content. As an adult now, I would have preferred the female characters to have more sex appeal. But then it may be that things are different in the 70s as now. The Shoujo manga I see now, with that level of maturity, the female characters drawn can have a lot of sensuality.

Well, I like the mature duke of Grandchester: Probably it's because I'm not so young anymore? rolleyes.gif

Just have to say to each their own. I can do without the mustache, but I understand it's a 70s thing. I always thought Tom Selleck and Burt Reynolds were yuck. Even when I was a little kid in the 70s & early 80s. tongue.gif

And about George, probably he is not very cute but the drawn is very faithful to the character.

We may be talking about different characters here. I was talking about Georgie as in Lady Georgie. I don't think she looked as pretty as Candy. And I was surprised at the nudity and sex scene in both the manga AND the anime. But IMO she's drawn with so little sexual appeal, those scenes were kinda blah for me and can hardly get me excited. If we are to talk a story like CC to a higher romantic level, I much prefer Korean manga artist Ms. Son's Candy. It's not the bikini or partial nudity. It's their faces. And the longer, slimmer, softer edge bodies. But OTOH, while Ms. Son's Terry makes me drool, I think Igarashi's Terry and Albert (and even Stear at the end the scene when he died) all have very high level of sex appeal. Hate to say it but Albert at the end is gorgeous. Igarashi definitely preferred him.

As for George, I absolutely agree with you. I think George looks fine. But I don't really consider him an older adult man in CC. It's more the fatherly types I'm referring to. Let's face it, Mr. Brown, The Duke, Mr. Cornwall, various minor character, I can't tell them apart. And all the slick back hair and mustache. yuck.gif The anime wasn't any better either. That one scene when Terry talked about him self when he becomes old, I don't think he'll turn old and look like that.

It's a pleasure to talk with you and exchange opinion, Alexa. If you all want, I can put the link to others manga too... Would you like to see Gone with the wind? Unlucky this one too is only in Italian...

Same here!! I think we would all LOVE that!!! heartdraw.gif

Alexa

+Quote Post
terenceforever
post May 10 2014, 11:02 PM
Post #18

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Group: Active/Top Posters
Member No.: 2352

You're right, Alexa, I misunderstood... I did a mistake between Mr George in Candy Candy and Lady Georgie by Igarashi and Man Izawa...

About Georgie I think I can understand what you mean: if characters are so pretty and pure "dolls drawned, sex scenes" could be not appropriate for them, really? Sorry, sometimes it's not easy for me to understand, because I'm not so fluent in English. It's for this reason that my posts are often very short. To write long posts would take me to much time and I'm afraid to do mistakes too...

Anyway it's wonderful to stay here with you all! smile.gif

So, I go to open another topic for "Gone with the wind", Italian version manga. Next week I'll have a full immersion course... I'll miss you all. Probably I'll abe to read from ipad, I hope at least. Surely I won't be able to leave posts.

Se you soon. smile.gif

Aimer, ce n'est pas se regarder l'un l'autre, c'est regarder ensemble dans la même direction.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry - Terre des Hommes

Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry - Le Petit Prince

+Quote Post
Holly
post Apr 2 2017, 05:10 AM
Post #19

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Member No.: 3090

Lady Gato asked me to translate these two images from Igarashi’s Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?stor...100007066442196

Attached File  IMG_3047.JPG ( 231.38K ) Number of downloads: 11

Attached File  IMG_3048.JPG ( 254.02K ) Number of downloads: 9

“Hope is a waking dream.” ― Aristotle

+Quote Post
Anneth White
post Apr 2 2017, 10:25 PM
Post #20

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Member No.: 3042

QUOTE(Holly @ Apr 2 2017, 01:10 AM) *
Lady Gato asked me to translate these two images from Igarashi’s Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?stor...100007066442196

Attached File  IMG_3047.JPG ( 231.38K ) Number of downloads: 11

Attached File  IMG_3048.JPG ( 254.02K ) Number of downloads: 9

Oh Thanks Holly, candyhugs4you.gif we saw this images in Igarashi`s FB posted recently in an spanis FB... an antifraud advertising using her images!!!! something ironic for me considering the law problems with Nagita....

"As long as we are alive, we will be able to see each other again...someday" (Mizuki & Igarachi´s Candy Candy Manga)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2017 - 04:33 PM