IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Members Please Read This!, Important for New Members!
Anneth White
post Aug 8 2018, 03:48 AM
Post #121

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Group: Honorary Mille Member 1000+ Post
Member No.: 3042

QUOTE(candyterry @ Aug 7 2018, 07:31 AM) *
QUOTE(Anne Elliot @ Aug 7 2018, 12:17 AM) *
Thank you Nila for adding me! I have been a long time fan of Candy Candy ( about forty plus years, to be exact- so amazed and glad to find you again!). I read the mangas when it was published in Nakayoshi back in the day while growing up in Hawaii. My Aunt in Japan knew how much I loved the story so she sent me the Kodansha comics as it was released, all nine volumes during the 70's. Now that I am older and nostalgic, I re-read the manga and was astonished at how the novel still held up, and how parts of my life were heavily influenced by our heroine and the characters. It's another perspective to read it as an adult. Candy Candy is an epic masterpiece, a modern day Jane Austen, really. I wish more people in the US knew about it, but since I am a Japanese American born in Japan, I am but a small subset of readers in the US. I can't find anyone to talk about it here in California- most Japanese Americans on the mainland US never saw the series as it wasn't aired, and many don't speak or read Japanese. Only women of a certain age ( 40 years and above) from Japan know about it. I am looking forward to reading and seeing your info. Thank you and Aloha.
Anne

Anne, you finally made it here!!! jump4joy2.gif I can't begin to say how happy I am to know that an old friend from Hawaii in my elementary days is also a long time Candy Candy fan and that you found us! I think we're the only two diehard Candy fans from Hawaii! laugh2.gif It's so true that it's hard to find fans of Candy in the USA since the anime was never aired outside of Hawaii and the manga was never translated in english. Thank to the internet, Candy fans could finally meet and share their passion for CC! What a huge and wonderful surprise to know we weren't alone! laugh2.gif

Please make yourself and home and enjoy reading the translations and discussions! We're here for you if you have any questions! huggy.gif

welcomeani.gif to our CT forum dear friend!!! yahoo.gif

candyhugs4you.gif terryhugs4you.gif

HI girls!! i just was going to write to Nila to tell her there was a girl from Hawai!!!!! teeheehee.gif

I am so happy knowing you met here!!!! Hugs for bot of you!!!

candyhugs4you.gif

"As long as we are alive, we will be able to see each other again...someday" (Mizuki & Igarachi´s Candy Candy Manga)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2018 - 06:21 AM