> mottos
nara
post Nov 29 2015, 02:22 PM
Post #1

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Group: Honorary Mille Member 1000+ Post
Member No.: 1206

I leave the precise translation to those with a better English than mine. smile.gif

"Sleep" by Mercurio

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Nov 30 2015, 07:49 AM
Post #2

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Member No.: 3557

Schopenhauer always makes me want to kill myself. He wrote such nice things on women O.o...

I think it comes from The Metaphysics of the Love of the Sexes

This is thus the soul of a true and great passion. Now the more perfect is the mutual adaptation of two individuals to each other in each of the many respects which have further to be considered, the stronger will be their mutual passion. Since there do not exist two individuals exactly alike, there must be for each particular man a particular woman - always with reference to what is to be produced - who corresponds most perfectly. A really passionate love is as rare as the accident of these two meeting.Since, however, the possibility of such a love is present in every one, the representations of it in the works of the poets are comprehensible to us

The rest of the essay is not particularly romantic.

+Quote Post
miracolo
post Dec 1 2015, 02:13 PM
Post #3

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Member No.: 3473

May I share a little thought about this? Not a translation, thank God Aniko did it, I was wondering who that "someone with a better English than mine" could be smile.gif...
Well, we know how difficult it is: in life, you may not find your Terry at all or, if you do, he leaves London just one moment before you realize you love him, he visits you at Pony's and leaves one moment before you get there and, just one moment after he decides to send you a ticket to go visit him to NY (with the firm intention to make you stay with him), "destiny" falls from the roof and destroys his future "girlfriend"'s leg. Life is like that and this seems pretty bad news. I didn't find my Terry and my Archie is not my soul mate and we do not share that passion that makes me forget about the rest of the world whenever he touches me. On the contrary: sometimes I happen to talk about the rest of the world while he touches me and he says "you killed it" and I say "sorry". And I know he feels frustrated and thinks: Candy would never do that. Not true, Archie: Candy was in front of the fire with Terry and they didn't touch at all!
But, to go back to my Archie... I love him so so much! And I love what we built together. And now that I am 43 I find that more valuable than the fire I used to dream about. So if I could say something to that philosopher, it would probably be: you're probably right but, first, you know, after ten years or less, like Cinzia says, Susannah dies and Terry becomes Anohito. And second Annie and Archie do not end up having great fire (because we really don't, I cannot deny it) but they do love each other. But again.. yesterday I told my hubby, very moved: I am not sure you know how much you mean to me. He said: I do know and I like it... but I'm sorry I am not your great fire... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Dec 1 2015, 08:55 PM
Post #4

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

I didn't translate it, I took it from the book. The French version now

Une passion est d'un degré
d'autant plus élevé qu'elle est plus individualisée, c'est-à-dire que l'individu
aimé, par sa constitution et ses qualités, est plus exclusivement propre à
satisfaire les désirs de l'être aimant et les besoins que lui crée sa propre
individualité. La suite nous fera voir plus clairement ce dont il s'agit ici. Le
penchant amoureux se porte d'abord de préférence vers la santé, la force, la
beauté, par conséquent vers la jeunesse : c'est que la volonté aspire avant tout à
réaliser le caractère spécifique de la race humaine, comme la base de toute
individualité ; l'amour banal, que l'on a sous les yeux tous les jours, Aphroditê
pandêmos, n'a guère d'autres visées. À cela viennent ensuite s'ajouter des
exigences plus spéciales, que nous examinerons plus tard en détail et qui,
lorsqu'elles peuvent espérer se satisfaire, font grandir la passion. Celle-ci arrive
au paroxysme quand la convenance réciproque des deux individualités est telle
que la volonté, c'est-à-dire le caractère du père et l'intellect de la mère, mettent
au jour par leur union cet individu même que le vouloir-vivre de l'espèce entière
aspire à réaliser avec une véhémence proportionnée à sa grandeur et dépassant
la mesure d'un cœur mortel, sans que l'intelligence individuelle puisse en
comprendre les motifs. Telle est donc l'essence de ce qui s'appelle proprement
une grande passion. Plus sera parfaite cette convenance réciproque entre deux
individus sous tous les rapports si divers que nous aurons il examiner plus loin,
plus forte aussi sera leur passion mutuelle. Comme il n'existe pas deux êtres
entièrement semblables, à tel homme déterminé ne peut convenir que telle
femme — toujours par rapport à l'enfant qui naîtra d'eux. L'amour vraiment
passionné est aussi rare que le hasard d'une pareille rencontre.
Mais chacun de
nous sent en lui la possibilité d'un tel amour : c'est pourquoi nous pouvons
comprendre la peinture que nous en trouvons dans les œuvres poétiques. La
passion amoureuse, dans son essence, a pour but la procréation de l'enfant avec
ses qualités, et c'est de là qu'elle tire son origine : il peut donc exister entre deux
jeunes gens bien élevés et de sexe différent un lien d'amitié commandé par la
conformité de leurs sentiments, de leur caractère, de leur tournure d'esprit, sans
qu'aucune pensée d'amour sexuel vienne s'y mêler : cette seule idée peut même
exciter en eux une certaine répugnance. La raison en est qu'un enfant né d'eux
serait d'une constitution physique ou intellectuelle sans harmonie, bref que son
existence et sa nature ne répondraient plus aux fins du vouloir-vivre, tel qu'il se
manifeste dans l'espèce. Dans le cas contraire, en dépit de l'hétérogénéité du
sentiment, du caractère et de la tournure d'esprit, de l'aversion et même de
l'inimitié qui peuvent en résulter, l'amour peut naître et subsister, car il nous
aveugle sur toutes ces divergences : un mariage qu'il ferait conclure serait très
malheureux.

Out of context the quote sounds better, but Schopenhauer seemed to think that women were just good for procreation (I haven't read everything but apart one or two quotes I like about craziness I don't like him much)

On women he wrote:

One need only look at a woman’s shape to discover that she is not intended for either too much mental or too much physical work. She pays the debt of life not by what she does but by what she suffers — by the pains of child-bearing, care for the child, and by subjection to man, to whom she should be a patient and cheerful companion. The greatest sorrows and joys or great exhibition of strength are not assigned to her; her life should flow more quietly, more gently, and less obtrusively than man’s, without her being essentially happier or unhappier.
Women are directly adapted to act as the nurses and educators of our early childhood, for the simple reason that they themselves are childish, foolish, and short-sighted — in a word, are big children all their lives, something intermediate between the child and the man, who is a man in the strict sense of the word. Consider how a young girl will toy day after day with a child, dance with it and sing to it; and then consider what a man, with the very best intentions in the world, could do in her place.
With girls, Nature has had in view what is called in a dramatic sense a “striking effect,” for she endows them for a few years with a richness of beauty and a, fulness of charm at the expense of the rest of their lives; so that they may during these years ensnare the fantasy of a man to such a degree as to make him rush into taking the honourable care of them, in some kind of form, for a lifetime — a step which would not seem sufficiently justified if he only considered the matter. Accordingly, Nature has furnished woman, as she has the rest of her creatures, with the weapons and implements necessary for the protection of her existence and for just the length of time that they will be of service to her; so that Nature has proceeded here with her usual economy. Just as the female ant after coition loses her wings, which then become superfluous, nay, dangerous for breeding purposes, so for the most part does a woman lose her beauty after giving birth to one or two children; and probably for the same reasons. (...) It is because women’s reasoning powers are weaker that they show more sympathy for the unfortunate than men, and consequently take a kindlier interest in them. On the other hand, women are inferior to men in matters of justice, honesty, and conscientiousness. Again, because their reasoning faculty is weak, things clearly visible and real, and belonging to the present, exercise a power over them which is rarely counteracted by abstract thoughts, fixed maxims, or firm resolutions, in general, by regard for the past and future or by consideration for what is absent and remote. Accordingly they have the first and principal qualities of virtue, but they lack the secondary qualities which are often a necessary instrument in developing it. Women may be compared in this respect to an organism that has a liver but no gall-bladder.9 So that it will be found that the fundamental fault in the character of women is that they have no “sense of justice.”

Blablabla...

So I would like to add another quote or poem from someone I like: Hector de Saint-Denys Garneau
You might not know but I'm his reincarnation tongue.gif When I was still a child I was writing a lot of poems and one day I wrote one of his poem without knowing who he was and it freaked adults out. Well he was living not far from where I live now, he liked nature etc...if he also liked gingerbread, it's sure i'm his reincarnation!

On n’avait pas fini de ne plus se comprendre
On avançait toujours à se perdre de vue
On n’avait pas fini de se trouver les plaies
On n’avait pas fini de ne plus se rejoindre
Le désir retombait sur nous comme du feu.

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Dec 1 2015, 10:56 PM
Post #5

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(miracolo @ Dec 1 2015, 08:13 AM) *
May I share a little thought about this? Not a translation, thank God Aniko did it, I was wondering who that "someone with a better English than mine" could be smile.gif...
Well, we know how difficult it is: in life, you may not find your Terry at all or, if you do, he leaves London just one moment before you realize you love him, he visits you at Pony's and leaves one moment before you get there and, just one moment after he decides to send you a ticket to go visit him to NY (with the firm intention to make you stay with him), "destiny" falls from the roof and destroys his future "girlfriend"'s leg. Life is like that and this seems pretty bad news. I didn't find my Terry and my Archie is not my soul mate and we do not share that passion that makes me forget about the rest of the world whenever he touches me. On the contrary: sometimes I happen to talk about the rest of the world while he touches me and he says "you killed it" and I say "sorry". And I know he feels frustrated and thinks: Candy would never do that. Not true, Archie: Candy was in front of the fire with Terry and they didn't touch at all!
But, to go back to my Archie... I love him so so much! And I love what we built together. And now that I am 43 I find that more valuable than the fire I used to dream about. So if I could say something to that philosopher, it would probably be: you're probably right but, first, you know, after ten years or less, like Cinzia says, Susannah dies and Terry becomes Anohito. And second Annie and Archie do not end up having great fire (because we really don't, I cannot deny it) but they do love each other. But again.. yesterday I told my hubby, very moved: I am not sure you know how much you mean to me. He said: I do know and I like it... but I'm sorry I am not your great fire... tongue.gif

Or you could be Terry looking for your Candy to save you from your miserable life. If the story was the other way round and Terry was the one running after Candy we would all be "awwwww"...it's called, how to built drama and passion, send Archie in another country and you will put oil on the fire, unless you both forget about it and date Patty and Stear instead.

How come he's not the soulmate? Haven't you fell for him when he was playing guitar at that dinner or party, then tried to forget about him and then lived in sins and broke up your prior engagements for him (and you). Why getting in such troubles just for a little fire? Or did you forget? Or are you trying to troll us? wink.gif

Well anyway, Now what about fire without sexual attraction? (I know I'm spamming) I once met someone who were really passionate, when I say really, it was really....the kind of passion you say "whoa! wait a minute" Well it was someone I liked at the first line (because a writer), we connected at once and not an hour later we were already acting like we knew each other for decades....but there was no physical attraction, I liked him a lot, he was like my alter ego, a soul mate but I didn't feel like mating with him ><
We saw each others perhaps 5 times in our lives, by chance and it was always like fireworks but it was more like meeting a twin than anything else. It ended with a firework as well, because the kind of person I am (withdrawn and clueless) and the kind of person he were (attention slut and narcissist) and both having a tempestuous side but I still like him. Talking about tempestuous sides, I have a few Terry friends (or ex-friends?), I must said that because I'm most a Terry than a Candy myself, we often clashed and none of us want to apologize, well one of them re-appeared in my life. There is no romance between us (he's gay) and 25 yo (I think).. but we have somehow a peculiar relationship, we got very close and it's thanks to him if I'm more talkative now, but we did have several fights and reconciliations. Was it like other friendships? Umm no...Well I like to say he likes a bomb on legs and at the same time it's what I like and dislike about him. So I guess we can have passionate relationships without sex. With my BF it was different, at first I thought he was a cold person, he had that Brit aura, you know, cool, calm, master of his emotions and I thought..."damn English people..." but later in the bus, I started getting a fixation on his wrists and hands -- prior to him, I had dated a very nice guy, so nice that I cheated a little on him with his brother and best friends (not very nice uh?), the thing is that no matter how great the guy was I had no physical attraction to him, his face and his body were alright but when it came to intimacy I felt like something was wrong and I tried to fix that, and maybe one of two times it wasn't too bad because of certain elements but that's it, and perhaps I didn't love him that much either after all because I never tried to get him back. So my friend, who had dated half of the city and was expert in the matter told me, "it's because you mix friendship and love, next time try to imagine sexual intimacy before dating the guy" Yeah right, I was too fast, like I was kissing the guy before knowing his name, not a wise thing.---so I was in the bus watching his hands and started fantasize, I must admit that that day I had tried to fantasize about all guys in buses and it just didn't work, just a pretty face or butt is not enough and when it came to him, I thought "Pft, not that guy....it will never wo.." Well for an unknown reason it did work, and it got worse with the time, to the point that I tried to avoid him but it was too late, because he was now his target and he was a pretty stubborn guy. At the beginning we had very different personalities and tastes and people didn't get why we were together, but there was that invisible something and a strong sexual attraction. So that's it for the spam and passion, it's maybe not something you can describe and recognize right away, it may also be something bad or good and not what you thought at all and I also think it's something you can choose, if Archie decides that Annie is the one, it may result in a passion. (or not)

Didn't I just repeat what Schopenhauer said? -__-

+Quote Post
nara
post Dec 2 2015, 03:54 PM
Post #6

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(miracolo @ Dec 1 2015, 02:13 PM) *

No one in particular dear Lisa. It's just that I don't consider my English level good enough to give it a proper translation. So thanks Aniko for researching and delivering a perfect one.

You know Lisa, I was at the Spritz English in my town yesterday night and we were a bunch of single/divorced/separated people wondering why we were single. I asked a very nice 30 years old friend of mine why he was single and he said "for the same reason you are". he came up with a very intelligent thought. There are loads of couples around, but name me a very happy one you know. 90% of them are together just for convenience, just because they don't want to be alone. 5% of them shouldn't be together at all. There is still that 5%, or less than that, who could be considered a real couple. I'm positive a twin soul exists for everybody, but which are the chances they meet?

if that's the case, lucky you are in that 5% of lucky people.

"Sleep" by Mercurio

+Quote Post
Cinzia
post Dec 2 2015, 05:59 PM
Post #7

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Group: Active/Top Posters
Member No.: 3648

QUOTE(nara @ Dec 2 2015, 03:54 PM) *
QUOTE(miracolo @ Dec 1 2015, 02:13 PM) *

No one in particular dear Lisa. It's just that I don't consider my English level good enough to give it a proper translation. So thanks Aniko for researching and delivering a perfect one.

You know Lisa, I was at the Spritz English in my town yesterday night and we were a bunch of single/divorced/separated people wondering why we were single. I asked a very nice 30 years old friend of mine why he was single and he said "for the same reason you are". he came up with a very intelligent thought. There are loads of couples around, but name me a very happy ones you know. 90% of them are together just for convenience, just because they don't want to be alone. 5% of them shouldn't be together at all. There is still that 5%, or less than that, who is a real couple. I'm positive a twin soul exists for everybody, but which are the chances they meet?

if that's the case, lucky you are in that 5% of lucky people.

There is a common saying : "il tempo il luogo e la persona amata non giungono mai insieme"
I think we can translate it with " time, place and the loved one never come together".
So... yes I agree with Sara, Lisa, you and your husband are very lucky people!!!

+Quote Post
miracolo
post Dec 2 2015, 06:50 PM
Post #8

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Not an easy topic at all...
All right, I think we need to know if we talk about the same things. When I say that my husband and I are not soul mates, I say it referring to what I believe a soul mate is. To say it with your words, Nara, we do not belong to that 5%. Archie and I are not "perfect"/ "meant" for each other and we do not complement each other. There is a very important "field" where couples meet where we have trouble, each one of us, to understand each other (you know what I mean). And that is a problem, and not a little one. Several years ago, we talked about going our separate ways. We chose not to do that. We still do not have that intimate connection that some may call passion, I think we will probably never solve that problem (due to how different we are). But I am so happy now I took the decision not to throw away what we have in order to have the chance to live that passion with someone else. Because I love my husband very very much.
Yes, Aniko, I fell for him. I had the feeling I had known him already. Hard to say that to you, because it is related to a belief I know we do not share... but it really felt we had an appointment, that we had met in the past. Some call it karma love: two people feel great attraction, not because they are soul mates, but because they have something to do together, something unsolved that comes from the past. But here we enter the realm of beliefs, and we all have different ones. And right now, in my life, what I believe does not matter even to me, so let's forget it smile.gif.
Do I miss that passion? Oh yes. It even came some years ago and I felt devastated by it. I wanted to follow it... him. I am soooo glad I did not. But it was a difficult choice (some would say it was not the right choice, some told me they.had rather be alone than live in a marriage without that "fire"). I feel lucky I found a man who has chosen to share his life and a family with me. I am with you on that: I was lucky.
Oh so complicated... fire that burns, fire that burns out, cool fire... but, at the end of the day, I really love my Archie smile.gif, with whom I share life and vision of life.
The reason why I say all this is: my happiness is so different from what I thought happiness would be. So different from the happiness I dreamt of as a girl (who used to read a lot about love). But I am glad now I accepted what life brought to me. But still, my husband is sorry about that fire tongue.gif

+Quote Post
nara
post Dec 2 2015, 07:53 PM
Post #9

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

There is much confusion about soul mates and twin souls. Very often these two terms have been used synonymously. They are not synonymous. One can and do have many soul mates but one has only one twin soul.

http://www.kktanhp.com/twin_souls.htm

Just curious.

"Sleep" by Mercurio

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Dec 2 2015, 08:54 PM
Post #10

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(miracolo @ Dec 2 2015, 12:50 PM) *
Not an easy topic at all...
All right, I think we need to know if we talk about the same things. When I say that my husband and I are not soul mates, I say it referring to what I believe a soul mate is. To say it with your words, Nara, we do not belong to that 5%. Archie and I are not "perfect"/ "meant" for each other and we do not complement each other. There is a very important "field" where couples meet where we have trouble, each one of us, to understand each other (you know what I mean). And that is a problem, and not a little one. Several years ago, we talked about going our separate ways. We chose not to do that. We still do not have that intimate connection that some may call passion, I think we will probably never solve that problem (due to how different we are). But I am so happy now I took the decision not to throw away what we have in order to have the chance to live that passion with someone else. Because I love my husband very very much.
Yes, Aniko, I fell for him. I had the feeling I had known him already. Hard to say that to you, because it is related to a belief I know we do not share... but it really felt we had an appointment, that we had met in the past. Some call it karma love: two people feel great attraction, not because they are soul mates, but because they have something to do together, something unsolved that comes from the past. But here we enter the realm of beliefs, and we all have different ones. And right now, in my life, what I believe does not matter even to me, so let's forget it smile.gif.
Do I miss that passion? Oh yes. It even came some years ago and I felt devastated by it. I wanted to follow it... him. I am soooo glad I did not. But it was a difficult choice (some would say it was not the right choice, some told me they.had rather be alone than live in a marriage without that "fire"). I feel lucky I found a man who has chosen to share his life and a family with me. I am with you on that: I was lucky.
Oh so complicated... fire that burns, fire that burns out, cool fire... but, at the end of the day, I really love my Archie smile.gif, with whom I share life and vision of life.
The reason why I say all this is: my happiness is so different from what I thought happiness would be. So different from the happiness I dreamt of as a girl (who used to read a lot about love). But I am glad now I accepted what life brought to me. But still, my husband is sorry about that fire tongue.gif

I had that same feeling for at least 3 persons I met in this life. Like that you knew that person all your life...I find that theory of the past interesting though for an atheist it doesn't make much sense but I like the idea anyway. Like when I dream, I'm not me, I'm another person, I have like 5 or 6 recurrent characters and when I look at my hands in the dream it's not my hands, not my face, not my name and there are always some kind of drama or rather terror related to this. I think it's interesting.

Hm..Can't you provoke that passion? If you decide right now that Archie is the object of your passion and work on that, can it trigger something? It hard to understand, when I was a girl (or a boy) I didn't read about love, romance, apart maybe one book from Han Suyin (forgot), I wasn't expecting anything and I'm not someone who falls in love easily, well it just happened once, I'm also getting bored easily so until then I had no problem with ditching any guy that bored me a little. I have plenty of male friends already so of course I'm expecting more from a BF and if the things got mellow, we had to do something about it.

What is a soul mate? Were Candy and Terry soul mates? She had freckles and a flat chest and he was arrogant and drama queen, they learned to know and understand each other and what made things passionate was the fact that they couldn't be with each other or that slap match or the fact they were fighting all the time or that were teenagers. What if they had just quit school, got married right away and lived in a tiny apartment in London, would it be still passionate or just like living with Albert, but a drunk Albert coming back late at night with groupies?

We should define what is a soul mate and what is a passionate relationship.

Miracolo story's reminds me of that Woody Allen movie "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" XD

Miracolo, what if you hadn't followed Archie that time, what if you had put a stop to that romance and stayed with Albert instead. Would Archie have become a missed passion?

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Dec 2 2015, 09:10 PM
Post #11

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(nara @ Dec 2 2015, 01:53 PM) *
There is much confusion about soul mates and twin souls. Very often these two terms have been used synonymously. They are not synonymous. One can and do have many soul mates but one has only one twin soul.

Just curious.

Oh that's getting complicated. So Terry and Candy were not soul mates. Perhaps Twin souls but Candy is the yang and Terry the yin.
Well when it comes to beliefs we can say anything.

What is passion and soul/twin mates?

Like Romeo and Juliet, what if they hadn't die and lived in a trailerpark? Personally, I think Romeo and Juliet is about Politic and war and not a love story. The love story is banal, two emo teenagers see each other a couples of times and then die, that's too easy, how many teenagers try and succeed to commit suicide each year +over a love story that lasts only a few weeks. Just before Juliet, Romeo was still weeping over whathername....what if had live long enough to see Juliet waking up with bad hair and bad breath everyday?
Titanic, another banal love story, lasts like what... 4 days? Maybe 3 if we forget the first day, then add a few elements like detestable characters and an iceberg to make things faster. In fiction, passion is most likely shows that way, it's people that can't be together or passed very little time together. If we were keeping just the first days of any relationship would it look like all passionate stories? You meet the guy, fall in love, have a torrid night, end of the story..then pass 10 years to thinking about him. We are interested in the conquest and break-up, but what happens between the two, not so much.
Give me examples of good passion in fiction, I liked Paris-texas but once again there were separated and broke-up, are there passionate stories where the two stay together and not ending staying together, like starting with a wedding and not ending up with it, or a passionate story without drama.

+Quote Post
miracolo
post Dec 3 2015, 03:34 PM
Post #12

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

I didn't know the expression twin souls existed in English too. I used soul mate in the sense of twin soul. So it is possible that Archie is a soul mate of mine. Maybe Aniko is one too? tongue.gif
What I really think is that, if we let some door open, something comes in. Maybe not the twin soul (so much literature about that, even a friend of mine wrote a book about that... Nara if you are interested I can send it to you!), maybe not even a soul mate, but someone you are ready to welcome... maybe for a few days, and then send them away thinking "better single than being with this monkey" smile.gif. So you're single again and, like the friend who wrote that book about twin souls, after the "ennesima sola" (please translate this, Nara or Cinzia smile.gif, you think: the next has to be my twin soul... or I'll stay single forever! And she found what she says is her twin soul. And she says they always reach union and once I remember they disagreed on some topic and she was all upset because that was not supposed to happen tongue.gif. Oh well, I shouldn't make fun of them...
Passion... what is that? I felt it for Archie... Archie was my prince... until we started having physical contact and it was clear that, when it comes to playing our instruments in a concert, we like to.play different ki.d of music. So we fight a little: play mine! Yes, but you play mine first! I cannot play yours if you don't play mine first... etc. And lately Archie told me, very peacefully, "you know, if we cannot play my music, I prefer no music at all". So I tried to play his music and he said: you play it wrong! And I said: of course, I don't like that music! Can't we find a music we both like? And he says: yes, but that way we would not play a lot of songs I like! So that is how concerts work in our home. After the music we still feel we love each other deeply, but we both miss our songs smile.gif. In the past it was worse: Archie used to say I had to learn music from him because... well... mine sucked. Now he admits it's just that he does not understand my music. And he also says it's too bad I don't fully appreciate his music. Yes, too bad, for both of us... We even tried to play each one our music, nut they turn out not to be very compatible smile.gif...
For the same reason, the same concert problem, a friend of mine decided to file for divorce."Our music feels like a concert of a brother and sister", she said. Such boring songs... She met three or four guys after separation. She found passion and had good concerts with the second guy. But it didn't work, so she found another guy with whom she enjoys music less but life more. And I think: wasn't it the same with your old husband? Well, maybe not, she seems happy now...

Aniko totally agree on your doubt: would the Terry-Candy couple or Romeo-Juliet couple have survived Susannah or fake, then real suicide? IWhat if they had met real life? Marriage? Hard to say. And how about music interests?

+Quote Post
nara
post Dec 3 2015, 04:35 PM
Post #13

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

what about twin flame then? smile.gif

http://www.beautyandtruth.org/twin-flame-relationship.html

"Sleep" by Mercurio

+Quote Post
nara
post Dec 3 2015, 05:13 PM
Post #14

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

What I really think is that, if we let some door open, something comes in.

I need a blacksmith. jammed door.

For music problems, here we go... http://www.musictherapy.org/about/musictherapy/

For the same reason, the same concert problem, a friend of mine decided to file for divorce."Our music feels like a concert of a brother and sister", she said. Such boring songs... She met three or four guys after separation. She found passion and had good concerts with the second guy. But it didn't work, so she found another guy with whom she enjoys music less but life more. And I think: wasn't it the same with your old husband? Well, maybe not, she seems happy now...

The rule of thumb is: always go to gigs/concerts BEFORE committing, Lisa. smile.gif

"Sleep" by Mercurio

+Quote Post
Cinzia
post Dec 3 2015, 08:05 PM
Post #15

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Group: Active/Top Posters
Member No.: 3648

QUOTE(Aniko @ Dec 2 2015, 09:10 PM) *
QUOTE(nara @ Dec 2 2015, 01:53 PM) *

Just curious.

Oh that's getting complicated. So Terry and Candy were not soul mates. Perhaps Twin souls but Candy is the yang and Terry the yin.
Well when it comes to beliefs we can say anything.

What is passion and soul/twin mates?

Like Romeo and Juliet, what if they hadn't die and lived in a trailerpark? Personally, I think Romeo and Juliet is about Politic and war and not a love story. The love story is banal, two emo teenagers see each other a couples of times and then die, that's too easy, how many teenagers try and succeed to commit suicide each year +over a love story that lasts only a few weeks. Just before Juliet, Romeo was still weeping over whathername....what if had live long enough to see Juliet waking up with bad hair and bad breath everyday?
Titanic, another banal love story, lasts like what... 4 days? Maybe 3 if we forget the first day, then add a few elements like detestable characters and an iceberg to make things faster. In fiction, passion is most likely shows that way, it's people that can't be together or passed very little time together. If we were keeping just the first days of any relationship would it look like all passionate stories? You meet the guy, fall in love, have a torrid night, end of the story..then pass 10 years to thinking about him. We are interested in the conquest and break-up, but what happens between the two, not so much.
Give me examples of good passion in fiction, I liked Paris-texas but once again there were separated and broke-up, are there passionate stories where the two stay together and not ending staying together, like starting with a wedding and not ending up with it, or a passionate story without drama.

Dramatic situations brings out the best of people, or at least they amplify their feelings, it is like: “we stick to the one we love because of danger”. When you feel that it could be your last chance to be happy because you are about to die, like in war time, and you know that you can die that same day, carpe diem, everything, love stories included, are stronger. Titanic, is an example, as for Romeo and Juliet, it is the difficulty due to the families enmity that exacerbates the drama, and anyway young age counts a lot, when you are so young it is easier I think, to feel intensively to the point to commit suicide for love, I don't think it is banal!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2019 - 01:53 AM