QUOTE(Anneth White @ Jun 25 2017, 10:11 PM) *
QUOTE(Aniko @ May 15 2017, 01:17 AM) *
QUOTE(Anneth White @ May 14 2017, 10:04 PM) *
QUOTE(Aniko @ May 14 2017, 06:43 PM) *
QUOTE(Anneth White @ May 14 2017, 04:14 PM) *
QUOTE(Gentillefille @ May 14 2017, 02:38 PM) *
QUOTE(Aniko @ May 14 2017, 02:17 PM) *
QUOTE(Gentillefille @ May 14 2017, 08:38 AM) *
It hasn't started on my Netflix yet... I'm in Canada.

It's not on Netflix in Canada, I don't know why but you can watch it online on CBC
http://watch.cbc.ca/anne/season-1/e8abfc85...9c-54aba9c0ce43

In Chile it's already out.

Ok, on CBC... I'll look for it... Thanks! candyhugs4you.gif

It seems people who saw or know the story is mad with this version. You can read the comments here:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/0...bleak-sad-wrong

I didn´t see or read it as a child, so can´t comment so much... But with the images and analysis it seems is so far from the original plot or character.

That is one of the reasons i wouldn´t like a CC movie...without Nagita´s authorization!!!

Most of the reviews I read in Canada were good ones. Of course it's different from the book and darker but it's still enjoyable.
It's not that far from the character or original plot, they just show them version 2017 . The original hinted that Anne was not treated well before being adopted but they never showed how orphans were treated in those times. The Anne of the original version lived more in lala land, it's was cute, almost Disney like but in this one, we have what could have been the real Anne.
There are indeed more drama in this one that was maybe unnecessary but I would still recommend it.

I watched it because it's really popular here, I don't know anybody who were mad with that story quite the contrary.

It seems Netflix´s audience was not so happy!!! i will see how many voted it got!!!

Maybe only Canadians get it. Anyway, watch it and make your own idea. Of course it's not like the one with Megan Follows, there is no need to make the same story twice, the old one was good enough, that's why they made a different one.

It had a good rate before getting on Netflix
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5421602/?ref_=rvi_tt

Hi Aniko, i just saw the first two episodes with my daughter at Netflix and we just loved it!!! we will the complete first season in these days!!! cheerleader.gif

It's annoying how it ends though... not long enough. Glad you like it, it gets a little darker but those parts are also more realistic.

well i didn´t see anything "dark" is only a real story, and so light compared with the movies or series teenagers see today!!! probably is shocking for the people that saw the first version... but i had no read or saw it before... i will tell you my impresions after seeing the next chapters...

The darker side is seeing the way orphans were treat in those times. In the book and first series, it was mentioned that she was not treat well but we were still in la la land, there was nothing shocking to see. When the lady with plenty of kids says she will take her as an helper, it way more dreadful than in other versions, we can sense she will beat her. Also The men who tried to take her at the train station, it was a bit scary. The way Anne is talking is also different, in the previous version she was just a dreamer, a bit naive but in that version, it looks more like a way to escape reality. It's already amazing that she learned to read in that kind of environment. Next episode is about pocket mice XD

Hi Again, today is holliday here and we saw episode 3th to 5th... we are really trapped with the story!! it is so funny, but also so full of thrilling moments thinking in what can she do, or what happens to her!!

the pocket mice story was funny and sad at the same time, just a sweet and naive girl!! the others knew more than her!! also i loved the fire incident!! and of course Gilbert!! he was so Terry when appeared for the firs time.. and just in the moment to defend her but he is just a gentleman, like an Anthony-terry at the same time!!!

also the firs menstruation was a lovely moment for her reaction!!!the realationship with Marilla and his brother is amazing.

Another thing i love so much are the places, the snow, the house, the women conversations... i like everything!!! also my daughter is so trapped with it.

And i keep believing is so light compared with some actual series... The orphans at Matilda´s movie are treated worst than here!!!

The only episode I think was overacted was with the man at the train station, when talked with the two boys... it was obvious they wanted to show a bad guy kidnaping children.. but with Anne´s interaction would be enough.

Probably we will see the next two episodes in the weekend!! and i keep wondering in all the things Mizuki, Igarashi and the editors took from this girl for making CC!!! The freckles was took directly from here (i think...)

Hugs dear Aniko

Yes it's a very nice and cute Gilbert they found.

The women also amused me, they are feminist and yet not too much. Did you notice about the old lady and her death friend? I think they hinted a lot about her being most likely homosexual.

The book and first series is lighter, more for kids and the landscapes are very beautiful, although showing more Halifax than Prince Edward Island. There are no pocket mice, menstruation, bad men, fire in those.

For Candy I think they took the orphan, freckles, strawberry blond hair (not red but close), the guy teasing her and probably her recklessness. The friendship with Diana maybe. But Candy is way more hardcore.

Here scenes for the 80' version

Oh now i can see the differences with the 80ths versión!! well I like more Netflix ( laugh2.gif ) and yes I agree they took all of those elements to make Candy. But Candy is much more interesting with the boys and places, and the prince... well Terry is there also!!

I have alwayis thought in the Link between Prince Edwards Island-Scotland scenery for Mizuki... although she didn´t know Canadá when wrote the manga... but went to Scotland... really interesting!!!

I love the english pronunciation of the actors (canadians with scottish accent?) also the boy speaking French...

I didn´t get what you tell me about the old lady and her death friend... problably is in the next episode...

We are enjoying so much the series!!!

Both versions are interesting. The one from the 80' follows more the book, it's cute and relax no big drama. The actors may be slightly older, not much.

I think the Anne (from Netflix) is Irish, Gilbert American, Marilla British, Matthew Canadian, Diana Quebecoise, Jerry (the boy speaking French) Quebecois. Looks lie a mix of different accents. Not sure how sound Canadian accent haha! Did they put subs for the French parts? They didn't translate all them in the version I watched (I didn't need them anyway)

The old lady grieved the loss of her friend, she hinted in some parts that they were close, like a couple. I don't remember exactly what she said but there were several hints as what they could have been a couple. (there is nothing like that in the original story)

I don't get why people (mostly Americans) are so worked up about the fact it's not the same, they did plenty of adaptations following the book, now it's one "inspired" by the book, it may be not perfect but it's entertaining. Some people think they added "modern" views in it, I don't know. My great Grand-ma lived in that era and was feminist, and my great-grand pa' sister was one of those suffragettes causing troubles. My great grand-ma was the head of a group of women claiming more rights and they all gather together like in the series, taking tea and discussing politics and all. People then were pretty much like people now, not like what we read in novels.

Really Aniko? it would´nt be so much for an old series?, saw until episode 7th, and have not seen anything you say, and were more centered in Mathew "old school love" the woman that make dresses!! i found that story sweet! also with her botton gift!

The old lady grieved the loss of her friend, she hinted in some parts that they were close, like a couple. I don't remember exactly what she said but there were several hints as what they could have been a couple. (there is nothing like that in the original story)

Also i found lovely the compromiso between Annie and her friend at school after the tea episode where they got drunk (another similar thing with annie-candy at Pony´s hill).

I found also funny that one of the rich girl nickname is Andrews!!!!

The accent are funny, i believed Annie had a Canadian origin (the actress) the woman neighbor of Millie (the old "fat" lady) has a strong accent... scottish?

Here we see the series with Spanish subs... so they translated the French parts too...

I find also what you say, it is correct in the historical events of those times!! i like that!!!

Probably this story is so loved for the people that saw it when was a child, or read the book... so they don´t accept a modern versión... it would be the same with us if they make a CC new anime with new episodes....

"As long as we are alive, we will be able to see each other again...someday" (Mizuki & Igarachi´s Candy Candy Manga)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Jun 28 2017, 05:22 AM
Post #227

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Group: Honorary Mille Member 1000+ Post
Member No.: 3557

QUOTE(Anneth White @ Jun 27 2017, 08:11 PM) *
QUOTE(Aniko @ Jun 27 2017, 03:12 PM) *
QUOTE(Anneth White @ Jun 27 2017, 08:54 AM) *
QUOTE(Aniko @ Jun 26 2017, 08:53 PM) *
QUOTE(Anneth White @ Jun 26 2017, 07:37 PM) *
QUOTE(Aniko @ Jun 26 2017, 05:25 PM) *
QUOTE(Anneth White @ Jun 26 2017, 10:30 AM) *
QUOTE(Aniko @ Jun 26 2017, 03:34 AM) *
QUOTE(Anneth White @ Jun 25 2017, 10:11 PM) *
QUOTE(Aniko @ May 15 2017, 01:17 AM) *
QUOTE(Anneth White @ May 14 2017, 10:04 PM) *
QUOTE(Aniko @ May 14 2017, 06:43 PM) *
QUOTE(Anneth White @ May 14 2017, 04:14 PM) *
QUOTE(Gentillefille @ May 14 2017, 02:38 PM) *
QUOTE(Aniko @ May 14 2017, 02:17 PM) *
QUOTE(Gentillefille @ May 14 2017, 08:38 AM) *
It hasn't started on my Netflix yet... I'm in Canada.

It's not on Netflix in Canada, I don't know why but you can watch it online on CBC
http://watch.cbc.ca/anne/season-1/e8abfc85...9c-54aba9c0ce43

In Chile it's already out.

Ok, on CBC... I'll look for it... Thanks! candyhugs4you.gif

It seems people who saw or know the story is mad with this version. You can read the comments here:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/0...bleak-sad-wrong

I didn´t see or read it as a child, so can´t comment so much... But with the images and analysis it seems is so far from the original plot or character.

That is one of the reasons i wouldn´t like a CC movie...without Nagita´s authorization!!!

Most of the reviews I read in Canada were good ones. Of course it's different from the book and darker but it's still enjoyable.
It's not that far from the character or original plot, they just show them version 2017 . The original hinted that Anne was not treated well before being adopted but they never showed how orphans were treated in those times. The Anne of the original version lived more in lala land, it's was cute, almost Disney like but in this one, we have what could have been the real Anne.
There are indeed more drama in this one that was maybe unnecessary but I would still recommend it.

I watched it because it's really popular here, I don't know anybody who were mad with that story quite the contrary.

It seems Netflix´s audience was not so happy!!! i will see how many voted it got!!!

Maybe only Canadians get it. Anyway, watch it and make your own idea. Of course it's not like the one with Megan Follows, there is no need to make the same story twice, the old one was good enough, that's why they made a different one.

It had a good rate before getting on Netflix
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5421602/?ref_=rvi_tt

Hi Aniko, i just saw the first two episodes with my daughter at Netflix and we just loved it!!! we will the complete first season in these days!!! cheerleader.gif

It's annoying how it ends though... not long enough. Glad you like it, it gets a little darker but those parts are also more realistic.

well i didn´t see anything "dark" is only a real story, and so light compared with the movies or series teenagers see today!!! probably is shocking for the people that saw the first version... but i had no read or saw it before... i will tell you my impresions after seeing the next chapters...

The darker side is seeing the way orphans were treat in those times. In the book and first series, it was mentioned that she was not treat well but we were still in la la land, there was nothing shocking to see. When the lady with plenty of kids says she will take her as an helper, it way more dreadful than in other versions, we can sense she will beat her. Also The men who tried to take her at the train station, it was a bit scary. The way Anne is talking is also different, in the previous version she was just a dreamer, a bit naive but in that version, it looks more like a way to escape reality. It's already amazing that she learned to read in that kind of environment. Next episode is about pocket mice XD

Hi Again, today is holliday here and we saw episode 3th to 5th... we are really trapped with the story!! it is so funny, but also so full of thrilling moments thinking in what can she do, or what happens to her!!

the pocket mice story was funny and sad at the same time, just a sweet and naive girl!! the others knew more than her!! also i loved the fire incident!! and of course Gilbert!! he was so Terry when appeared for the firs time.. and just in the moment to defend her but he is just a gentleman, like an Anthony-terry at the same time!!!

also the firs menstruation was a lovely moment for her reaction!!!the realationship with Marilla and his brother is amazing.

Another thing i love so much are the places, the snow, the house, the women conversations... i like everything!!! also my daughter is so trapped with it.

And i keep believing is so light compared with some actual series... The orphans at Matilda´s movie are treated worst than here!!!

The only episode I think was overacted was with the man at the train station, when talked with the two boys... it was obvious they wanted to show a bad guy kidnaping children.. but with Anne´s interaction would be enough.

Probably we will see the next two episodes in the weekend!! and i keep wondering in all the things Mizuki, Igarashi and the editors took from this girl for making CC!!! The freckles was took directly from here (i think...)

Hugs dear Aniko

The women also amused me, they are feminist and yet not too much. Did you notice about the old lady and her death friend? I think they hinted a lot about her being most likely homosexual.

The book and first series is lighter, more for kids and the landscapes are very beautiful, although showing more Halifax than Prince Edward Island. There are no pocket mice, menstruation, bad men, fire in those.

For Candy I think they took the orphan, freckles, strawberry blond hair (not red but close), the guy teasing her and probably her recklessness. The friendship with Diana maybe. But Candy is way more hardcore.

Here scenes for the 80' version

Oh now i can see the differences with the 80ths versión!! well I like more Netflix ( laugh2.gif ) and yes I agree they took all of those elements to make Candy. But Candy is much more interesting with the boys and places, and the prince... well Terry is there also!!

I have alwayis thought in the Link between Prince Edwards Island-Scotland scenery for Mizuki... although she didn´t know Canadá when wrote the manga... but went to Scotland... really interesting!!!

I love the english pronunciation of the actors (canadians with scottish accent?) also the boy speaking French...

I didn´t get what you tell me about the old lady and her death friend... problably is in the next episode...

We are enjoying so much the series!!!

Both versions are interesting. The one from the 80' follows more the book, it's cute and relax no big drama. The actors may be slightly older, not much.

I think the Anne (from Netflix) is Irish, Gilbert American, Marilla British, Matthew Canadian, Diana Quebecoise, Jerry (the boy speaking French) Quebecois. Looks lie a mix of different accents. Not sure how sound Canadian accent haha! Did they put subs for the French parts? They didn't translate all them in the version I watched (I didn't need them anyway)

I don't get why people (mostly Americans) are so worked up about the fact it's not the same, they did plenty of adaptations following the book, now it's one "inspired" by the book, it may be not perfect but it's entertaining. Some people think they added "modern" views in it, I don't know. My great Grand-ma lived in that era and was feminist, and my great-grand pa' sister was one of those suffragettes causing troubles. My great grand-ma was the head of a group of women claiming more rights and they all gather together like in the series, taking tea and discussing politics and all. People then were pretty much like people now, not like what we read in novels.

Really Aniko? it would´nt be so much for an old series?, saw until episode 7th, and have not seen anything you say, and were more centered in Mathew "old school love" the woman that make dresses!! i found that story sweet! also with her botton gift!

Also i found lovely the compromiso between Annie and her friend at school after the tea episode where they got drunk (another similar thing with annie-candy at Pony´s hill).

I found also funny that one of the rich girl nickname is Andrews!!!!

The accent are funny, i believed Annie had a Canadian origin (the actress) the woman neighbor of Millie (the old "fat" lady) has a strong accent... scottish?

Here we see the series with Spanish subs... so they translated the French parts too...

I find also what you say, it is correct in the historical events of those times!! i like that!!!

Probably this story is so loved for the people that saw it when was a child, or read the book... so they don´t accept a modern versión... it would be the same with us if they make a CC new anime with new episodes....

That series is just adding events that could have happened in those times. About the old lady, miss Barry, it was really subtil, she talked about marriage at some time and love as well, it was the way she was saying things. Anne didn't get it and just thought it was friendship.

Haha you said Annie but you meant Diana? (yeah they look alike), the actress is Canadian from Montreal. The old fat lady? Rachel? The actress is Canadian as well, to me they just have a Canadian accent not Scottish as all. They may speak more like old people though. Old Canadian accent? Perhaps? There are so many accents in Canada anyway, we have plenty just in French so I guess they tried to do the old Maritimes accent?

With Candy it's different, we never got a satisfying version, not even with the manga and novels, the anime was just good the time Terry was there. We would accept other versions (just like fanfics) if we had a good one to begin with. IMO.

+Quote Post
Anneth White
post Jun 28 2017, 04:54 PM
Post #228

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Member No.: 3042

That series is just adding events that could have happened in those times. About the old lady, miss Barry, it was really subtil, she talked about marriage at some time and love as well, it was the way she was saying things. Anne didn't get it and just thought it was friendship.

Haha you said Annie but you meant Diana? (yeah they look alike), the actress is Canadian from Montreal. The old fat lady? Rachel? The actress is Canadian as well, to me they just have a Canadian accent not Scottish as all. They may speak more like old people though. Old Canadian accent? Perhaps? There are so many accents in Canada anyway, we have plenty just in French so I guess they tried to do the old Maritimes accent?

With Candy it's different, we never got a satisfying version, not even with the manga and novels, the anime was just good the time Terry was there. We would accept other versions (just like fanfics) if we had a good one to begin with. IMO.

Sorry for the confusión, no i was talking about Anne, the principal character, i though she was Canadian, you say is Irish.

And yes Miss Barry, i think her accent is strong (more like scottish!)

About a new versión of CC... really i will fear it... most because we have an idea of the perfect anime o series we want... and is so hard to please everyone... and more with the Albert-Terry issue... you can imagine how alfans continue saying Albert and Candy are totally in love... because of the letters and their secret confesions...

i wrote a mistake... i saw the until the 5th episode... will see the next this wekeend!!!

I have a question about this series... who authorized to do it?? the producers of the first versión, familiars of the author???

Look this analysis, interesting, they can follow the other books.. or créate new scenarios for the series. And yes it was a success in Canada... but still are analyzing the Netflix votes ( i will give it high votes... ja, ja)

https://www.bustle.com/p/will-anne-with-e-r...-you-wait-56733

"As long as we are alive, we will be able to see each other again...someday" (Mizuki & Igarachi´s Candy Candy Manga)

+Quote Post
Anneth White
post Jun 28 2017, 05:14 PM
Post #229

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

funny video aniko... the accent is according to the images or talking like a rich girl?? and also boat... boots!!! OMG!!! ja, ja

what language did she talk in the middle... native one? what is Maritimes? (the islands accent?)

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Jun 29 2017, 12:25 AM
Post #230

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Anneth White @ Jun 28 2017, 11:54 AM) *

Sorry for the confusión, no i was talking about Anne, the principal character, i though she was Canadian, you say is Irish.

And yes Miss Barry, i think her accent is strong (more like scottish!)

About a new versión of CC... really i will fear it... most because we have an idea of the perfect anime o series we want... and is so hard to please everyone... and more with the Albert-Terry issue... you can imagine how alfans continue saying Albert and Candy are totally in love... because of the letters and their secret confesions...

i wrote a mistake... i saw the until the 5th episode... will see the next this wekeend!!!

I have a question about this series... who authorized to do it?? the producers of the first versión, familiars of the author???

Look this analysis, interesting, they can follow the other books.. or créate new scenarios for the series. And yes it was a success in Canada... but still are analyzing the Netflix votes ( i will give it high votes... ja, ja)

https://www.bustle.com/p/will-anne-with-e-r...-you-wait-56733

Oh Anne, yes she's Irish but have a Canadian mom, not sure where she grew up.

I think it was the grand-daughter or great-grand-daughter of Montgomery that authorized it, not sure.

Here what I just found
http://www.iposgoode.ca/2012/06/unmasking-...f-green-gables/

Miss Barry? Diana's mom? She's British I think.

With Candy it's almost impossible to please everybody because of that love triangle. Love triangles are very popular in anime, manga (and others) and it always pissed off the fans, so maybe they should just stop that. Haha! I'm watching Korean drama these days, and in the 3 I watched, there was a love triangle and of course they never chose the one I preferred.

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Jun 29 2017, 12:36 AM
Post #231

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Anneth White @ Jun 28 2017, 12:14 PM) *

funny video aniko... the accent is according to the images or talking like a rich girl?? and also boat... boots!!! OMG!!! ja, ja

what language did she talk in the middle... native one? what is Maritimes? (the islands accent?)

It's talking like country folks in Nova Scotia and she added image to illustrate. Some people may not agree, especially when you live in bigger town. It's like French, my relatives who are not living in Quebec city have a different accent.

Maritimes are: Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick.
It seems she was speaking Indonesian.

+Quote Post
Anneth White
post Jul 11 2017, 05:06 PM
Post #232

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Hi dear Aniko, we saw the last two episodes last night!!! and liked them soo much!!

Now we got about the old lady and her friend, and is an open declaration of homosexual love! i was surprised!! i asume it was not in the original versión!!!

Also now we knew Mrs. Colberth loved John Gilbert´s father!!!

And the end!! with the two thieves at their home!! i hope all will be solve in a good way!!! it seems must be a second season with that end???

Now i am finishing Versalles first season and just loved it... was made by canadians and french people!!! I love the principal carácter and his brother!!! have you seen it? i saw it in Netflix... don´t know if it was shown in Canadian Tv....

Hugs!!!

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Jul 11 2017, 06:44 PM
Post #233

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Anneth White @ Jul 11 2017, 12:06 PM) *

Hi dear Aniko, we saw the last two episodes last night!!! and liked them soo much!!

Now we got about the old lady and her friend, and is an open declaration of homosexual love! i was surprised!! i asume it was not in the original versión!!!

And the end!! with the two thieves at their home!! i hope all will be solve in a good way!!! it seems must be a second season with that end???

Now i am finishing Versalles first season and just loved it... was made by canadians and french people!!! I love the principal carácter and his brother!!! have you seen it? i saw it in Netflix... don´t know if it was shown in Canadian Tv....

Hugs!!!

No it wasn't like that in the original version. I think they were just friends.

Yes, Marilla loved Gilbert's father, I liked the flashback, in the other versions it is just said I think, I don't remember them showing us how they looked liked younger or the relationship.

It was too short! And that end! Thieves are not in the original version. They are better to show us another season, it's nonsense to finish like that. Anne seemed interested by the younger thief, it might turn dramatic for her.

Haven't seen Versailles, it's on a channel we don't have and besides it's not my TV, my mom is the master of the remote control and change of channel every 15 min. it's really difficult to watch something with her.

I'm watching more light stuff these days because my level of anxiety is too high, you would be amazed at the number of things that can trigger it, I can't watch news and any shows a bit too realistic or dramatic is too much to watch. So I'm watching Korean drama about cute puppy love. (you see the genre)

I don't like summer, makes me feel too nervous.

+Quote Post
Anneth White
post Jul 11 2017, 07:08 PM
Post #234

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aniko @ Jul 11 2017, 01:44 PM) *

Hugs!!!

Yes, Marilla loved Gilbert's father, I liked the flashback, in the other versions it is just said I think, I don't remember them showing us how they looked liked younger or the relationship.

It was too short! And that end! Thieves are not in the original version. They are better to show us another season, it's nonsense to finish like that. Anne seemed interested by the younger thief, it might turn dramatic for her.

Haven't seen Versailles, it's on a channel we don't have and besides it's not my TV, my mom is the master of the remote control and change of channel every 15 min. it's really difficult to watch something with her.

I'm watching more light stuff these days because my level of anxiety is too high, you would be amazed at the number of things that can trigger it, I can't watch news and any shows a bit too realistic or dramatic is too much to watch. So I'm watching Korean drama about cute puppy love. (you see the genre)

Hi dear, the dialogs are so explicit, Anne and the lady are talking about couples, marriage, to be a wife and who to live with for all her life and the old lady talked about her friend, also was crying because miss her so much (it was a sweet momento), also full of feminist dialogs around a woman being independent and no necesarilly having to marry... she could have a profesión, being a writer... i liked the conversation.

Oh yes, Annie liked the Young thief!!

You made me laugh about your mother and the remote control!!!

I am like you, don´t see news, or any stressing reality... i also prefer light stuff too!! or good old movies...

I started seeing also a chinesse series... i will comment in the other thread!!

Let´s wait for the second Anne´s season!!!

Hugs

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Jul 11 2017, 10:52 PM
Post #235

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Anneth White @ Jul 11 2017, 02:08 PM) *
QUOTE(Aniko @ Jul 11 2017, 01:44 PM) *

Hugs!!!

Hi dear, the dialogs are so explicit, Anne and the lady are talking about couples, marriage, to be a wife and who to live with for all her life and the old lady talked about her friend, also was crying because miss her so much (it was a sweet momento), also full of feminist dialogs around a woman being independent and no necesarilly having to marry... she could have a profesión, being a writer... i liked the conversation.

Oh yes, Annie liked the Young thief!!

You made me laugh about your mother and the remote control!!!

I am like you, don´t see news, or any stressing reality... i also prefer light stuff too!! or good old movies...

I started seeing also a chinesse series... i will comment in the other thread!!

Let´s wait for the second Anne´s season!!!

Hugs

Yes in that version, less in the previous versions. I forgot a bit about the old lady in the book, I read it when I was a teenager so.. but yes, homosexuality existed even if they were not much talking about it.

My mom is the dictator of the remote control (but it's HER tv, so it's okay) and has short span attention. Watching a movie from the beginning to the end must be real torture for her, we rent a movie once and she was sighing all along...

I'm curious about that Chinese series, only saw 2 Chinese dramas so far.

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 14 15 16
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2017 - 09:39 AM