IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> French version of Final Story at last ?
candyneige
post Jun 27 2018, 09:33 PM
Post #1

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Group: Official CC Veteran
Member No.: 28

I've just been informed that a book called "Candy White, the orphan" written by Keiko Nagita will be release in France in september. Though the title has changed, I suppose it's Final Story and I'm waiting for a confirmation from Pika Editions.

https://livre.fnac.com/a12123952/Candice-Wh...?omnsearchpos=1

"I loved her, at first sight, and will ever, for the rest of my life..."
Terry

www.candyneige.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
scacciapensieri
post Jun 28 2018, 08:01 AM
Post #2

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Group: Active/Top Posters
Member No.: 2269

Interesting! I remain in waiting. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Anneth White
post Jun 29 2018, 04:04 AM
Post #3

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Group: Honorary Mille Member 1000+ Post
Member No.: 3042

OMG!!!!!! PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED PLEASE!!!!

love_dance.gif love_dance.gif love_dance.gif love_dance.gif love_dance.gif

"As long as we are alive, we will be able to see each other again...someday" (Mizuki & Igarachi´s Candy Candy Manga)

+Quote Post
Gentillefille
post Jul 11 2018, 11:28 PM
Post #4

Moderator, Queen of fanfictions, Godmother of the board
Group Icon

Group: Golden Moderator 10,000+
Member No.: 4

I've pre-ordered it on Amazon...

https://www.amazon.fr/Candice-White-lOrphel...e%20l’orpheline

I can't wait! mademyday.gif

candy4terry4ever!
"You should be kissed, and often, and by someone who knows how." Rhett Butler, Gone with the wind

There's another little love in the way...

+Quote Post
Anneth White
post Jul 15 2018, 05:30 PM
Post #5

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Gentillefille @ Jul 11 2018, 06:28 PM) *
I've pre-ordered it on Amazon...

https://www.amazon.fr/Candice-White-lOrphel...e%20l’orpheline

I can't wait! mademyday.gif

Me too!! but they said will be ready in December!!! ... We will wait!!!! to read Terry is anohito in french!!!!! anohitotgbig.gif anohitotgbig.gif

"As long as we are alive, we will be able to see each other again...someday" (Mizuki & Igarachi´s Candy Candy Manga)

+Quote Post
Gretzky
post Jul 15 2018, 06:56 PM
Post #6

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Member No.: 3493

Wish I could read French. So glad for you gals who can enjoy it!

Alexa

+Quote Post
candyterry
post Jul 25 2018, 11:09 AM
Post #7

CT Admin, TGG's Publicist & Personal Assistant
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

C'est incroyable ! ohmy.gif thud.gif

Who would've thought this day would come for the French fans? We've waited 8 years! Merci de tout coeur to Nagita and Shodensha for finally approving a French translation of the CCFS! 2thumbs.gif girllove.gif

I look forward to reading the romantic CT scenes in St. Paul's Academy and Scotland in French! Ooh là là ! naughty.gif girllove.gif

I hope the French translation will clear up some of the discrepancies found in the Italian version.

+Quote Post
Gentillefille
post Jul 25 2018, 01:59 PM
Post #8

Moderator, Queen of fanfictions, Godmother of the board
Group Icon

Group: Golden Moderator 10,000+
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(candyterry @ Jul 25 2018, 06:09 AM) *

Who would've thought this day would come for the French fans? We've waited 8 years! Merci de tout coeur to Nagita and Shodensha for finally approving a French translation of the CCFS! 2thumbs.gif girllove.gif

I look forward to reading the romantic CT scenes in St. Paul's Academy and Scotland in French! Ooh là là ! naughty.gif girllove.gif

I hope the French translation will clear up some of the discrepancies found in the Italian version.

Coucou candyterry! It's good to see you! huggy.gif

Je sais! Finallement! En effet! Peut etre que le version française va m'inspirer à écrire plus! J'ai hate qu'on soit en septembre! cheerleader.gif anohitotgbig.gif candyhugs4you.gif mademyday.gif

candy4terry4ever!
"You should be kissed, and often, and by someone who knows how." Rhett Butler, Gone with the wind

There's another little love in the way...

+Quote Post
Anneth White
post Jul 26 2018, 12:13 AM
Post #9

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Gentillefille @ Jul 25 2018, 08:59 AM) *
QUOTE(candyterry @ Jul 25 2018, 06:09 AM) *

Je sais! Finallement! En effet! Peut etre que le version française va m'inspirer à écrire plus! J'ai hate qu'on soit en septembre! cheerleader.gif anohitotgbig.gif candyhugs4you.gif mademyday.gif

Congratulations to both of your that will read CCFS in your language!!!!! cheerleader.gif

It would be interesting to know if the translation is from Japanese to French directly and the words Nagita will write for the French Readers.

AND AFTER THAT WE WILL NEED THE SPANISH VERSION!!!!!

The Sad News.... it will be ready in December.... Not in September.... But it doesn´t matter. We will wait for it!!!

Hugs for both of you dear Friends!!!!!! terryhugs4you.gif

+Quote Post
candyterry
post Jul 27 2018, 02:10 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE(Gentillefille @ Jul 25 2018, 02:59 PM) *

Good to see you too Gentillefille! huggy.gif Sans doute que cette version française va t'inspirer encore plus! biggrin.gif

It looks like the book will be released on November 28 instead of September. Interesting coincidence that November 28 is also Keiko Nagita's birthday! wink.gif

+Quote Post
candyterry
post Jul 27 2018, 02:24 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE(Anneth White @ Jul 26 2018, 01:13 AM) *
Congratulations to both of your that will read CCFS in your language!!!!! cheerleader.gif

It would be interesting to know if the translation is from Japanese to French directly and the words Nagita will write for the French Readers.

The Sad News.... it will be ready in December.... Not in September.... But it doesn´t matter. We will wait for it!!!

Coucou Anneth! terryhugs4you.gif

I believe the french translation will be directly from the Japanese CCFS since the license to translate and publish has to come from Shodensha. At least, I think that's how it works. tongue.gif I expect and hope that Nagita will write a special Preface for the french edition as she did for the italian fans in the italian version.

The CCFS was first published in November 2010. The italian version followed in November 2014. And now this french version will be released in November 2018! It took 4 years between each version so I'm guessing that if the spanish version were to be approved, it might come out in November 2022! hmm.gif It will take a miracle for an english version to be published! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Anneth White
post Jul 28 2018, 12:46 AM
Post #12

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(candyterry @ Jul 27 2018, 09:10 AM) *
QUOTE(Gentillefille @ Jul 25 2018, 02:59 PM) *

Good to see you too Gentillefille! huggy.gif Sans doute que cette version française va t'inspirer encore plus! biggrin.gif

It looks like the book will be released on November 28 instead of September. Interesting coincidence that November 28 is also Keiko Nagita's birthday! wink.gif

a
Oh yes!! it would be a very beautiful coincidence or probably an editorial´s gift for Nagita??? it would be so lovely!!!

My book will arrive on December (also maybe for my birthday??? teeheehee.gif)

terryhugs4you.gif terryhugs4you.gif

+Quote Post
Anneth White
post Jul 28 2018, 12:52 AM
Post #13

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(candyterry @ Jul 27 2018, 09:24 AM) *
QUOTE(Anneth White @ Jul 26 2018, 01:13 AM) *

Coucou Anneth! terryhugs4you.gif

I believe the french translation will be directly from the Japanese CCFS since the license to translate and publish has to come from Shodensha. At least, I think that's how it works. tongue.gif I expect and hope that Nagita will write a special Preface for the french edition as she did for the italian fans in the italian version.

The CCFS was first published in November 2010. The italian version followed in November 2014. And now this french version will be released in November 2018! It took 4 years between each version so I'm guessing that if the spanish version were to be approved, it might come out in November 2022! hmm.gif It will take a miracle for an english version to be published! tongue.gif

It is a pleasure to read your messages my dear canduyterry candyhugs4you.gif !!!!

We all want to have that book in French. And also waiting for Nagita´s words for her fans. Interesting what you say of the 4 years period we had to wait for having the Italian-French Version. But in this occasion we hope won´t be 4 years for the Spanish one... although having the translation to English (in this forum) the italian, and now the French one, the most interesting will be compare the small differences between them. And the coincidence in the most importan thing: anohitotgbig.gif

Take care so much candyhugs4you.gif

+Quote Post
candyterry
post Jul 28 2018, 07:20 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE(Anneth White @ Jul 28 2018, 01:52 AM) *
It is a pleasure to read your messages my dear canduyterry candyhugs4you.gif !!!!

We all want to have that book in French. And also waiting for Nagita´s words for her fans. Interesting what you say of the 4 years period we had to wait for having the Italian-French Version. But in this occasion we hope won´t be 4 years for the Spanish one... although having the translation to English (in this forum) the italian, and now the French one, the most interesting will be compare the small differences between them. And the coincidence in the most importan thing: anohitotgbig.gif

I hope the Spanish fans won't have to wait 4 years to get their official translation of the CCFS as well. smile.gif I'm really curious to compare the differences between all the translations!

I have to wonder what prompted PIKA, the French editor, to purchase the license for CCFS and translate it in french! How did they find out about it? The original novels were never published in Europe, only the manga. I don't expect the french volumes to have any of Igarashi's illustrations so how are they going to market it for those who aren't familiar with Candy's story? Will it be sold in the section with the mangas or among the regular books? hmm.gif

I also wonder if PIKA has seen Sophie's petition for the french translation of CCFS!

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/candycandynovel/

It's been going on for almost 8 years with almost 6400 signatures! If each of those fans who signed this petition bought the 2 volumes, it would make a very nice profit for the french editor. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Anneth White
post Jul 28 2018, 09:41 PM
Post #15

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(candyterry @ Jul 28 2018, 02:20 PM) *
QUOTE(Anneth White @ Jul 28 2018, 01:52 AM) *

I hope the Spanish fans won't have to wait 4 years to get their official translation of the CCFS as well. smile.gif I'm really curious to compare the differences between all the translations!

I have to wonder what prompted PIKA, the French editor, to purchase the license for CCFS and translate it in french! How did they find out about it? The original novels were never published in Europe, only the manga. I don't expect the french volumes to have any of Igarashi's illustrations so how are they going to market it for those who aren't familiar with Candy's story? Will it be sold in the section with the mangas or among the regular books? hmm.gif

I also wonder if PIKA has seen Sophie's petition for the french translation of CCFS!

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/candycandynovel/

It's been going on for almost 8 years with almost 6400 signatures! If each of those fans who signed this petition bought the 2 volumes, it would make a very nice profit for the french editor. wink.gif

Well i have all of that doubts and more!!!!!!! GOOD FOR SOPHIE PETITION. I WILL ASK HER ABOUT IT FOR START AND SPANISH ONE!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th November 2018 - 12:13 AM