> What do Dr.Martin-Candy´s letters imply?, CCFS second volume
Anneth White
post Dec 18 2017, 02:56 AM
Post #1

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Group: Honorary Mille Member 1000+ Post
Member No.: 3042

We didn´t understand at the begining why Nagita decided to include so many letters of several people we don´t care so much in her Final Story...

But a careful reading of most of them give us amazing clues about Candy´s life!!

I loved specially these two letters exchanged between Dr. Martin and Candy, they wrote to each other after knew Albert was Uncle William, so Candy returned to Pony´s home to help her mothers with the orphanage, and also she returned to work as a nurse!!!

Candy found a meaning for her life, being so useful to the people she loves. And no, she wasn´t the girlf friend or the wife of Albert... because there wasn´t a romance at Magnolia´s as alfans insist and believe...

What likes me more of those letters? that Candy talks about the children, and Dr. Martin sent them gifts for Christmas, but the most importan thing is that in the first letter Candy talks in the name of Uncle William trying to convince Dr. Martin to enhance his clinic in Chicago... and Dr. Martin gives the best gift to Candy: he accepts Uncle Wiliam´s help but for building the Clinic near Candy... near her home... so she will be able to work and live in her home: IN PONNY´S!!!!

We have a Candy with 18 years old more or less, that is living happy near her mothers, working!!!! Also Albert have almost 30 years, is working, doesn´t have time to be near Candy and has money!!!! ....

It is just the moment where all is in pseudo-equilibrium in Candy´s life (... T.G. is taking care of Susana... Candy read the news about him according to some retrospection...)

But also we know Candy, at the end of the story, is living in other continent... so far of her mothers, the children, the clinic...

What was the event that made her go away??? if Albert buildt that clinic for Dr. Martin but also for Pony´s people!!! it can´t be his idea!!! he never would let them without her candy... Also the center of his business is in Chicago...

Well you can guess that another person must arrive to make Candy change her mind, and with a very interesting proposal to make her go so far... to the other side of the ocean!!!!

Is another clue for T.G??!!! of course!!!!

...Definetively I LOVE Dr. Martin-Candy´s letters!!! toobadalfans.gif

terryhugs4you.gif

"As long as we are alive, we will be able to see each other again...someday" (Mizuki & Igarachi´s Candy Candy Manga)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maru
post Dec 29 2017, 10:38 PM
Post #2

Diehard CC Fan
Group Icon

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 3128

Hello Anneth!!

Glad to see you here!

I want to share something, I hope to be clear,

I was looking for some information about this Topic, and I saw in a Albertfan FB, that Albert could consider to live in England, because the Big Depression afected to much economically USA and he could manage his business better in Europe.

I know Big Depression started around 1929, and I think... by this year, Candy has already settled in England some years ago then... could Alberth have a feeling of what would happen after the war and then decide to move to Stratford?

Well, I ask this, because he is a businessman and he has to think what is better to do for a future, what do you think?

Regards!!
terryhugs4you.gif

+Quote Post
Anneth White
post Dec 31 2017, 03:10 PM
Post #3

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Group: Honorary Mille Member 1000+ Post
Member No.: 3042

QUOTE(Maru @ Dec 29 2017, 06:38 PM) *
Hello Anneth!!

Glad to see you here!

I want to share something, I hope to be clear,

I was looking for some information about this Topic, and I saw in a Albertfan FB, that Albert could consider to live in England, because the Big Depression afected to much economically USA and he could manage his business better in Europe.

I know Big Depression started around 1929, and I think... by this year, Candy has already settled in England some years ago then... could Alberth have a feeling of what would happen after the war and then decide to move to Stratford?

Well, I ask this, because he is a businessman and he has to think what is better to do for a future, what do you think?

Regards!!
terryhugs4you.gif

Hi Maru, nice to see you here too!!! terryhugs4you.gif

Yes i know the alfans have said that as their explanation for Albert to go to Great Britain!

But to affirm that they must have to demostrate it is based in what Nagita wrote... and there is no evidence at all....

Once Albert showed himself as William Albert Ardly he continues being so succesfull with the business of the family, and we know that when Nagita describes how the Lagan´s increased their fortune, creating more Hotels supported by the Ardlay´s... so it is not logical to think they were affected for the depression of the 30s.

But also if Albert helped to build the New Happy Clinic near Pony´s and a new building at Pony´s home... there is no reason to take Candy to other continent abandoning her mother, children and clinic, and also him abandoning his bussiness in Chicago and America. Also Albert´s personality won´t allow Candy to be worried for her sick mother, not wanting her to go to USA or she wanting to be near him, knowing he has family in Chicago, there is no reason for being in Europe if they can live without money, they are humble persons!!!.

Alfans don´t think that anohito´s personality don´t fit with Albert.... Candy and him didn´t have painful separations....

CCFS shouts so loud terry is anohito. I think to this point it is so clear after reading the story using a logical mind... but alfans used only their heart... they want to believe... and is hard to fight against that... let them continue dreaming... we have the logical clues, but also Candy-terry declared love to know they reunited at the end, and it was in the middle of the 20s... before the Great Depression!!!

Hugs Maru, i wish you a very happy new year!!!

"As long as we are alive, we will be able to see each other again...someday" (Mizuki & Igarachi´s Candy Candy Manga)

+Quote Post
Maru
post Jan 2 2018, 08:41 PM
Post #4

Diehard CC Fan
Group Icon

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 3128

Hi Anneth!

Thank you very much for answering, I wish you a Happy New Year full of health, work and successes too!

Yes you are right... I can see some Albert fans do not study enough CCFS, some of them as I have seen, still believe about the three loves for Candy that Nagita wrote so much time ago, and also they think, she considered the same final for Daddy Long Legs, as the girl getting married with his adoptive father. It is sad, to believe, that Nagita really took the same content for that novel, this beautiful story would not be original. Alfans do not have seen how Nagita's work made a evolution through many years, and has made many changes.

I remember when you said to me in wattpad about Nagita's friend, Terry, she wrote another story (Anne of Green Gables), where Nagita also based in hers, but I think she only took the girl personality as Daddy Long legs, and not a similar fact, as others imagine.

Really I admire, how informed you are about the Candy Candy story. I agree with you, when you mention they are a humble people, and have their family and friends in the same country, so... why to move so far? if really Albert could lead with the family bussiness in those years at USA.

I still wonder, why the Lakewood Mansion is abondoned... is just because it recall sad memories?... if it is... I think, Candy would not come back to England for the same reason, well, could be... just in case she will get back with the person who cures her heart again, after many years of separation.

See ya again!!

terryhugs4you.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th February 2018 - 10:47 AM