candyterry
post Jan 11 2019, 01:05 PM
Post #1

CT Admin, TGG's Publicist & Personal Assistant
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

GROUNDBREAKING, EXCITING NEWS CANDY FANS!!! jump4joy2.gif

KEIKO NAGITA is FINALLY making a public appearance to promote the FRENCH EDITION of CCFS in Paris, France! jump4joy2.gif

PIKA just announced the news at their site: http://www.pika.fr/Annonce_RomanCandy

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cinzia
post Jan 11 2019, 01:55 PM
Post #2

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Group: Active/Top Posters
Member No.: 3648

QUOTE(candyterry @ Jan 11 2019, 01:05 PM) *

KEIKO NAGITA is FINALLY making a public appearance to promote the FRENCH EDITION of CCFS in Paris, France! jump4joy2.gif

PIKA just announced the news at their site: http://www.pika.fr/Annonce_RomanCandy

Thank you Dear Nila for the amazing news! omg.gif
Will you be able to attend? If so, prepare yourself to present a full report laugh2.gif

+Quote Post
candyterry
post Jan 11 2019, 02:16 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE(Cinzia @ Jan 11 2019, 01:55 PM) *
QUOTE(candyterry @ Jan 11 2019, 01:05 PM) *

Thank you Dear Nila for the amazing news! omg.gif
Will you be able to attend? If so, prepare yourself to present a full report laugh2.gif

I've known her for 20 years now, since my website was created in 1999! teehee.gif I think it's about high time we met! biggrin.gif We both went through our ups and downs with Candy during all those years! laugh2.gif

+Quote Post
whitechapel
post Jan 11 2019, 02:19 PM
Post #4

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Member No.: 603

This is great news! But I have a question, a curiosity. ..why the blue cover one is called Le prince sur la colline? shocking.gif Is the same book as the Italian one right?

+Quote Post
candyterry
post Jan 11 2019, 02:25 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE(whitechapel @ Jan 11 2019, 02:19 PM) *
This is great news! But I have a question, a curiosity. ..why the blue cover one is called Le prince sur la colline? shocking.gif Is the same book as the Italian one right?

That's a very GOOD QUESTION, whitechapel! Yes, it's the same one as the 2nd volume of Italian edition! The title really doesn't make sense and is totally MISLEADING, but it was an editorial choice by PIKA. scratch.gif

I think they should have chosen a more NEUTRAL title instead of "The Prince on the Hill". Imagine if they titled it "Terence Granchester"! Albert fans would cry foul! laugh2.gif

+Quote Post
whitechapel
post Jan 11 2019, 02:32 PM
Post #6

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Member No.: 603

QUOTE(candyterry @ Jan 11 2019, 02:25 PM) *

That's a very GOOD QUESTION, whitechapel! Yes, it's the same one as the 2nd volume of Italian edition! The title really doesn't make sense and is totally MISLEADING, but it was an editorial choice by PIKA. scratch.gif

I think they should have chosen a more NEUTRAL title instead of "The Prince on the Hill". Imagine if they titled it "Terence Granchester"! Albert fans would cry foul! laugh2.gif

Yes the title is so misleading ......I thought it was a complete different book for French people!Well, let me say I don 't like this choice at all. The second book is more over letters and not the Prince stuff .I would have loved theTerry Granchester title anohitotgbig.gif

I can imagine French Woodyfans about that title.....oh my Good! screwy.gif

+Quote Post
candyterry
post Jan 11 2019, 02:34 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE(whitechapel @ Jan 11 2019, 02:32 PM) *
QUOTE(candyterry @ Jan 11 2019, 02:25 PM) *

Yes the title is so misleading ......I thought it was a complete different book for French people!Well, let me say I don 't like this choice at all. The second book is more over letters and not the Prince stuff .I would have loved theTerry Granchester title anohitotgbig.gif

So would I my dear! So would I!!!! biggrin.gif anohitotgbig.gif Heck, I would even buy extra copies just because his name was on it! laugh2.gif

+Quote Post
belle
post Jan 11 2019, 02:49 PM
Post #8

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Member No.: 920

The Italian title of the Second volume is "Letters".

cool.gif

+Quote Post
candyterry
post Jan 11 2019, 03:12 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE(belle @ Jan 11 2019, 02:49 PM) *
The Italian title of the Second volume is "Letters".

cool.gif

A very appropriate title since the 2nd volume mostly consists of Candy's letters to her friends and family! smile.gif

+Quote Post
candyterry
post Jan 11 2019, 06:59 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Want to see what's inside the book? PIKA just posted an EXTRACT (39 pages), the first 3 CHAPTERS of the first volume! wink.gif

http://www.pika.fr/RomanCandy01

+Quote Post
Gentillefille
post Jan 14 2019, 01:17 AM
Post #11

Moderator, Queen of fanfictions, Godmother of the board
Group Icon

Group: Golden Moderator 10,000+
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(candyterry @ Jan 11 2019, 07:05 AM) *

This is wonderful news indeed! You guys are lucky to be able to go there... Take lots of pictures with Candy's mommy!

candy4terry4ever!
"You should be kissed, and often, and by someone who knows how." Rhett Butler, Gone with the wind

+Quote Post
Gentillefille
post Jan 14 2019, 01:20 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE(candyterry @ Jan 11 2019, 08:25 AM) *

Not sure why the second book is called "Le prince de la colline"... the only thing I could think of is the opening song in French focuses a lot on the Prince of the hill...

candy4terry4ever!
"You should be kissed, and often, and by someone who knows how." Rhett Butler, Gone with the wind

+Quote Post
candyterry
post Jan 14 2019, 05:46 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITHOUT PERMISSION. smile.gif

According to PIKA, the reason for the subtitles for the 2 covers was an editorial choice and they were able to obtain approval from Nagita. Apparently, it's also common practice for french books to add subtitles.

This is their explanation for why the 2nd volume is titled the "Prince on the hill":

As for the choice of the subtitle itself, certainly, this second novel does not focus on "The Prince on the hill", but it is here to awaken the curiosity of the reader. The mystery surrounding the identity of this character is indeed a thread that we find in both books and is, finally, cleared up in this second volume; hence our choice. Of course, Terrence Grandchester and "The Prince on the Hill" are two characters whose encounter has deeply and, probably equally, marked Candy. Nevertheless, it is "The Prince on the Hill" who, first, made a decisive turning point in Candy's life and allowed her, in fact, to meet Terrence. In addition, this subtitle still allows to maintain a certain ambiguity as to the person with whom Candy chooses to share her life because until the end, the mystery around the "Prince on the hill" remains intact. However, during the second volume, Terrence is "associated" with a hill since Candy finds him more than once on one of them during their stay at the boarding school. In the end, it's still up to the reader (and you, of course!) to imagine which man Candy finally chose.

Et voilą ! wink.gif

I must admit, I'm surprised and glad that they acknowledged Terry's "association" with a hill and his equally important role in Candy's life. drawheart.gif It also sounds like the choice for "Prince on the Hill" could be a marketing strategy. hmm.gif

+Quote Post
scacciapensieri
post Jan 14 2019, 06:50 PM
Post #14

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Member No.: 2269

Normally the nickname "The Prince of the Hill" has always identified Albert - Uncle William .... Perhaps Pika has realized that putting this title on the second volume is directing the reader to a wrong and not neutral reading.
I'm sorry, but the explanation of PIKA does not satisfy me ... the title is misleading, and if we really want to give noble titles, Terry is not a prince but a noble English duke! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gentillefille
post Jan 14 2019, 07:16 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE(candyterry @ Jan 14 2019, 11:46 AM) *
According to PIKA, the reason for the subtitles for the 2 covers was an editorial choice and they were able to obtain approval from Nagita. Apparently, it's also common practice for french books to add subtitles.

This is their explanation for why the 2nd volume is titled the "Prince on the hill":

As for the choice of the subtitle itself, certainly, this second novel does not focus on "The Prince on the hill", but it is here to awaken the curiosity of the reader. The mystery surrounding the identity of this character is indeed a thread that we find in both books and is, finally, cleared up in this second volume; hence our choice. Of course, Terrence Grandchester and "The Prince on the Hill" are two characters whose encounter has deeply and, probably equally, marked Candy. Nevertheless, it is "The Prince on the Hill" who, first, made a decisive turning point in Candy's life and allowed her, in fact, to meet Terrence. In addition, this subtitle still allows to maintain a certain ambiguity as to the person with whom Candy chooses to share her life because until the end, the mystery around the "Prince on the hill" remains intact. However, during the second volume, Terrence is "associated" with a hill since Candy finds him more than once on one of them during their stay at the boarding school. In the end, it's still up to the reader (and you, of course!) to imagine which man Candy finally chose.

Et voilą ! wink.gif

I must admit, I'm surprised and glad that they acknowledged Terry's "association" with a hill and his equally important role in Candy's life. drawheart.gif It also sounds like the choice for "Prince on the Hill" could be a marketing strategy. hmm.gif

I like the explanation! Thanks for sharing!

candy4terry4ever!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2019 - 01:02 AM