Post #256

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Group: Honorary Mille Member 1000+ Post
Member No.: 3557

QUOTE(Gretzky @ Sep 18 2017, 05:56 PM) *
Hi Aniko!

I heard you updated this thread so I had to come check it out! biggrin.gif

Well guess what, I'd been browsing photos of Asian men while searching for images for book covers for my next novel series. So let me share these with you: smitten.gif

Too bad I don't know who these people are, and even if I do I can't possibly pay them to do a photo shoot for me as they will probably break my bank.

Kyaaa! wink.gif The second one is Godfrey Gao, a Canadian of Taiwanese origine. I never saw his movies but someone I know on Tumblr post pics of him all the time. So cute.

I don't know the first one, but he's also cute, thanks biggrin.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Sep 19 2017, 02:42 AM
Post #257

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

The pic I previously posted was Daniel Henney in the movie Seducing Mr. Perfect. I haven't seen it but if he's shirtless in a few scenes I might watch it wink.gif

Here some scenes of the movie (fanmade)

What that new series is about?

+Quote Post
Gretzky
post Nov 1 2017, 08:31 PM
Post #258

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Member No.: 3493

QUOTE(Aniko @ Sep 19 2017, 02:42 AM) *

I'm trying to write another WWII saga, a story that takes place in pre-war Shanghai before Pearl Harbor. It's a love story between a young Chinese man and a Jewish young woman who escaped from Germany to Shanghai as a refugee. Pre-war Shanghai is a very glamorous setting with lots of resources I can draw on. It's probably going to die in the sales department though because books an Asian male protagonist is just about at the lowest of the popularity totem pole for books. I don't know why I do this to myself. I suppose I could make a lot of $$ from my books if I can write contemporary romance. But I really don't like reading the Romance genre, let alone write it. Plus I don't really know how people date or get involved with relationships nowadays with all the new technology that didn't exist back in my single days, so I'd have a hard time writing contemporary love stories without sounding like I don't know what I'm talking about.

Alexa

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Nov 1 2017, 11:38 PM
Post #259

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Gretzky @ Nov 1 2017, 03:31 PM) *

I'm trying to write another WWII saga, a story that takes place in pre-war Shanghai before Pearl Harbor. It's a love story between a young Chinese man and a Jewish young woman who escaped from Germany to Shanghai as a refugee. Pre-war Shanghai is a very glamorous setting with lots of resources I can draw on. It's probably going to die in the sales department though because books an Asian male protagonist is just about at the lowest of the popularity totem pole for books. I don't know why I do this to myself. I suppose I could make a lot of $$ from my books if I can write contemporary romance. But I really don't like reading the Romance genre, let alone write it. Plus I don't really know how people date or get involved with relationships nowadays with all the new technology that didn't exist back in my single days, so I'd have a hard time writing contemporary love stories without sounding like I don't know what I'm talking about.

Turn it into a drama and it will become popular! No kidding, new generations are totally into Asian men (well the ikemen kind...you know ..prince charming type). Lately I was in the bus with my daughter who urgently wanted to buy some kpop (my daughter is a rather punk-metal genre with ears stretchers but she suddenly developed an interest for Korean pop out of nowhere) and there were a bunch of girls from university who were talking about Korean and Chinese drama, their favorite actors and so on...
Never saw that before in my little city, it's a new strong trend. And when we reached the store the kpop cd was already sold out

Make your Asian man as hot as possible and it will sell with that group, i'm pretty sure of that. wink.gif I think it's an interesting plot.

Look on Youtube at all those covers of Charli XCX

Well there are several of them. It might be a tiny group of fans but they are very passionate.

+Quote Post
Gretzky
post Nov 3 2017, 03:00 AM
Post #260

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Member No.: 3493

QUOTE(Aniko @ Nov 1 2017, 11:38 PM) *

Turn it into a drama and it will become popular! No kidding, new generations are totally into Asian men (well the ikemen kind...you know ..prince charming type). Lately I was in the bus with my daughter who urgently wanted to buy some kpop (my daughter is a rather punk-metal genre with ears stretchers but she suddenly developed an interest for Korean pop out of nowhere) and there were a bunch of girls from university who were talking about Korean and Chinese drama, their favorite actors and so on...
Never saw that before in my little city, it's a new strong trend. And when we reached the store the kpop cd was already sold out

Well there are several of them. It might be a tiny group of fans but they are very passionate.

I hope so. On writers forums people do compare notes and all of them say that when the book covers featured an Asian man, the books don't sell or have low sales.

But I am planning to write it anyway. If it languishes in oblivion then I guess I'll just join a long list of writers who sit in cafes pretending to be a "real" author. smile.gif

Alexa

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Nov 3 2017, 03:34 AM
Post #261

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Gretzky @ Nov 2 2017, 10:00 PM) *
QUOTE(Aniko @ Nov 1 2017, 11:38 PM) *

I hope so. On writers forums people do compare notes and all of them say that when the book covers featured an Asian man, the books don't sell or have low sales.

But I am planning to write it anyway. If it languishes in oblivion then I guess I'll just join a long list of writers who sit in cafes pretending to be a "real" author. smile.gif

It could be a little gem that just selected people know about wink.gif
Well I think it looks very interesting, if Asian men don't sell on cover, put something else on that cover XD

+Quote Post
Anneth White
post Nov 3 2017, 12:24 PM
Post #262

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Member No.: 3042

QUOTE(Aniko @ Nov 1 2017, 07:38 PM) *

Make your Asian man as hot as possible and it will sell with that group, i'm pretty sure of that. wink.gif I think it's an interesting plot.

Look on Youtube at all those covers of Charli XCX

The same happening here... also there a very huge Asian inmigration... so the korean Young guys are so popular with teenagers or university girls!!! also the asiatic food is one of the tops now competing with the peruvian one!!!!

"As long as we are alive, we will be able to see each other again...someday" (Mizuki & Igarachi´s Candy Candy Manga)

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 12:59 AM