Post #256

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Group: Honorary Mille Member 1000+ Post
Member No.: 3557

QUOTE(Gretzky @ Sep 18 2017, 05:56 PM) *
Hi Aniko!

I heard you updated this thread so I had to come check it out! biggrin.gif

Well guess what, I'd been browsing photos of Asian men while searching for images for book covers for my next novel series. So let me share these with you: smitten.gif

Too bad I don't know who these people are, and even if I do I can't possibly pay them to do a photo shoot for me as they will probably break my bank.

Kyaaa! wink.gif The second one is Godfrey Gao, a Canadian of Taiwanese origine. I never saw his movies but someone I know on Tumblr post pics of him all the time. So cute.

I don't know the first one, but he's also cute, thanks biggrin.gif

User's Signature

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Sep 19 2017, 02:42 AM
Post #257

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

The pic I previously posted was Daniel Henney in the movie Seducing Mr. Perfect. I haven't seen it but if he's shirtless in a few scenes I might watch it wink.gif

Here some scenes of the movie (fanmade)

What that new series is about?

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Gretzky
post Nov 1 2017, 08:31 PM
Post #258

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Member No.: 3493

QUOTE(Aniko @ Sep 19 2017, 02:42 AM) *

I'm trying to write another WWII saga, a story that takes place in pre-war Shanghai before Pearl Harbor. It's a love story between a young Chinese man and a Jewish young woman who escaped from Germany to Shanghai as a refugee. Pre-war Shanghai is a very glamorous setting with lots of resources I can draw on. It's probably going to die in the sales department though because books an Asian male protagonist is just about at the lowest of the popularity totem pole for books. I don't know why I do this to myself. I suppose I could make a lot of $$ from my books if I can write contemporary romance. But I really don't like reading the Romance genre, let alone write it. Plus I don't really know how people date or get involved with relationships nowadays with all the new technology that didn't exist back in my single days, so I'd have a hard time writing contemporary love stories without sounding like I don't know what I'm talking about.

User's Signature

Alexa

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Nov 1 2017, 11:38 PM
Post #259

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Gretzky @ Nov 1 2017, 03:31 PM) *

I'm trying to write another WWII saga, a story that takes place in pre-war Shanghai before Pearl Harbor. It's a love story between a young Chinese man and a Jewish young woman who escaped from Germany to Shanghai as a refugee. Pre-war Shanghai is a very glamorous setting with lots of resources I can draw on. It's probably going to die in the sales department though because books an Asian male protagonist is just about at the lowest of the popularity totem pole for books. I don't know why I do this to myself. I suppose I could make a lot of $$ from my books if I can write contemporary romance. But I really don't like reading the Romance genre, let alone write it. Plus I don't really know how people date or get involved with relationships nowadays with all the new technology that didn't exist back in my single days, so I'd have a hard time writing contemporary love stories without sounding like I don't know what I'm talking about.

Turn it into a drama and it will become popular! No kidding, new generations are totally into Asian men (well the ikemen kind...you know ..prince charming type). Lately I was in the bus with my daughter who urgently wanted to buy some kpop (my daughter is a rather punk-metal genre with ears stretchers but she suddenly developed an interest for Korean pop out of nowhere) and there were a bunch of girls from university who were talking about Korean and Chinese drama, their favorite actors and so on...
Never saw that before in my little city, it's a new strong trend. And when we reached the store the kpop cd was already sold out

Make your Asian man as hot as possible and it will sell with that group, i'm pretty sure of that. wink.gif I think it's an interesting plot.

Look on Youtube at all those covers of Charli XCX

Well there are several of them. It might be a tiny group of fans but they are very passionate.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Gretzky
post Nov 3 2017, 03:00 AM
Post #260

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aniko @ Nov 1 2017, 11:38 PM) *

Turn it into a drama and it will become popular! No kidding, new generations are totally into Asian men (well the ikemen kind...you know ..prince charming type). Lately I was in the bus with my daughter who urgently wanted to buy some kpop (my daughter is a rather punk-metal genre with ears stretchers but she suddenly developed an interest for Korean pop out of nowhere) and there were a bunch of girls from university who were talking about Korean and Chinese drama, their favorite actors and so on...
Never saw that before in my little city, it's a new strong trend. And when we reached the store the kpop cd was already sold out

Well there are several of them. It might be a tiny group of fans but they are very passionate.

I hope so. On writers forums people do compare notes and all of them say that when the book covers featured an Asian man, the books don't sell or have low sales.

But I am planning to write it anyway. If it languishes in oblivion then I guess I'll just join a long list of writers who sit in cafes pretending to be a "real" author. smile.gif

User's Signature

Alexa

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Nov 3 2017, 03:34 AM
Post #261

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Gretzky @ Nov 2 2017, 10:00 PM) *
QUOTE(Aniko @ Nov 1 2017, 11:38 PM) *

I hope so. On writers forums people do compare notes and all of them say that when the book covers featured an Asian man, the books don't sell or have low sales.

But I am planning to write it anyway. If it languishes in oblivion then I guess I'll just join a long list of writers who sit in cafes pretending to be a "real" author. smile.gif

It could be a little gem that just selected people know about wink.gif
Well I think it looks very interesting, if Asian men don't sell on cover, put something else on that cover XD

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Anneth White
post Nov 3 2017, 12:24 PM
Post #262

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Member No.: 3042

QUOTE(Aniko @ Nov 1 2017, 07:38 PM) *

Make your Asian man as hot as possible and it will sell with that group, i'm pretty sure of that. wink.gif I think it's an interesting plot.

Look on Youtube at all those covers of Charli XCX

The same happening here... also there a very huge Asian inmigration... so the korean Young guys are so popular with teenagers or university girls!!! also the asiatic food is one of the tops now competing with the peruvian one!!!!

User's Signature

"As long as we are alive, we will be able to see each other again...someday" (Mizuki & Igarachi´s Candy Candy Manga)

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Nov 22 2017, 10:24 PM
Post #263

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Hey Alexa, I was watching a drama last night and thought a guy could fit in your novel, depending of what you are looking for, maybe he's too tiny or too old (34) but anyway, I though he could fit in a pre-war story.

His name is Kim Jae Wook and here are some pictures with different styles and age.

Attached File  21192651_1639384136085794_5280870859395740139_n.jpg ( 24.43K ) Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  NfQwnmAk_400x400.jpeg ( 17.94K ) Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  Kim_Jae_Wook.jpg ( 81.31K ) Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  photo833771.jpg ( 43.27K ) Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  kim_jae_wook2.jpg ( 86.48K ) Number of downloads: 0

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Gretzky
post Nov 25 2017, 02:36 AM
Post #264

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aniko @ Nov 22 2017, 10:24 PM) *
Hey Alexa, I was watching a drama last night and thought a guy could fit in your novel, depending of what you are looking for, maybe he's too tiny or too old (34) but anyway, I though he could fit in a pre-war story.

His name is Kim Jae Wook and here are some pictures with different styles and age.

Attached File  21192651_1639384136085794_5280870859395740139_n.jpg ( 24.43K ) Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  NfQwnmAk_400x400.jpeg ( 17.94K ) Number of downloads: 0

Hi Aniko!!!

Thanks. These 2 pics definitely could fit. The other ones look great too but too modern. Too bad I can't afford to hire him to model a photo shoot for me!!!!! biggrin.gif

User's Signature

Alexa

+Quote Post
Gretzky
post Nov 25 2017, 02:43 AM
Post #265

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

I've got a new guy worth drooling over. So he might not be everyone's cup of tea but I'm watching Stranger Things and I'm now officially a Charlie Heaton fan. If I was 20 years younger I might go gaga over him.

User's Signature

Alexa

+Quote Post
Aniko
post Nov 25 2017, 06:00 AM
Post #266

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Gretzky @ Nov 24 2017, 08:43 PM) *
I've got a new guy worth drooling over. So he might not be everyone's cup of tea but I'm watching Stranger Things and I'm now officially a Charlie Heaton fan. If I was 20 years younger I might go gaga over him.

I just started watching that series! He reminded me a bit of River Phoenix (and Leonardo?), his attitude maybe. River Phoenix is still my no1 blond guy, I wonder how he would look like now. Is captain America in troubles now? wink.gif

All hot guys are younger now OTL, I was watching an ad and a trailer on instagram with Ji Soo, and it made me wish I was younger too. (until I see them in rl situation, some guys really look older in movies, then you see them on Vlive and they look like kids sweatingbullets.gif )

Oh that reminds me a bad joke I heard recently:

"I like my men like I like my kpop: Super Junior" (yikes!)

About the pics I posted earlier, yes I would also choose those two, the first one was from the drama I was watching recently, he played the role of a CEO, he always appeared calm and in control but he was also jealous and ready to do anything to win. Unfortunately the writer (or else) totally ruined his character in the process. Too bad, it started well. But yeah, I can totally imagine a guy like that in pre-war Shanghai (I don't even know the story yet and I'm already daydreaming )

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Anneth White
post Nov 25 2017, 04:27 PM
Post #267

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Member No.: 3042

QUOTE(Aniko @ Nov 25 2017, 02:00 AM) *
QUOTE(Gretzky @ Nov 24 2017, 08:43 PM) *

I just started watching that series! He reminded me a bit of River Phoenix (and Leonardo?), his attitude maybe. River Phoenix is still my no1 blond guy, I wonder how he would look like now. Is captain America in troubles now? wink.gif

All hot guys are younger now OTL, I was watching an ad and a trailer on instagram with Ji Soo, and it made me wish I was younger too. (until I see them in rl situation, some guys really look older in movies, then you see them on Vlive and they look like kids sweatingbullets.gif )

Oh that reminds me a bad joke I heard recently:

"I like my men like I like my kpop: Super Junior" (yikes!)

About the pics I posted earlier, yes I would also choose those two, the first one was from the drama I was watching recently, he played the role of a CEO, he always appeared calm and in control but he was also jealous and ready to do anything to win. Unfortunately the writer (or else) totally ruined his character in the process. Too bad, it started well. But yeah, I can totally imagine a guy like that in pre-war Shanghai (I don't even know the story yet and I'm already daydreaming )

I like both guys!!!! cheerleader.gif

And also i am smiling seeing you chose the same interesting Young guy of Stranger things!! i just loved his character in the series!!!... and seeing how are the boys growing up in a recent interview... they will have so many fans... all of them are so sweet and sure will have a lot to talk while continue growing!!!

User's Signature

"As long as we are alive, we will be able to see each other again...someday" (Mizuki & Igarachi´s Candy Candy Manga)

+Quote Post
Gretzky
post Nov 27 2017, 11:15 PM
Post #268

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

QUOTE(Anneth White @ Nov 25 2017, 04:27 PM) *
I like both guys!!!! cheerleader.gif

And also i am smiling seeing you chose the same interesting Young guy of Stranger things!! i just loved his character in the series!!!... and seeing how are the boys growing up in a recent interview... they will have so many fans... all of them are so sweet and sure will have a lot to talk while continue growing!!!

My husband likes the other guy, Steve, more. Steve was the doofus boyfriend in the beginning but has grown into pretty likeable character. Still, I always liked Charlie Heaton's and his character (Jonathan) more.

Here's another pic of him. Very British youth. In this pic I think he shows a bit of British/Terry attitude.

User's Signature

Alexa

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 05:56 PM