Cinzia
post Jan 14 2019, 11:44 PM
Post #16

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Group: Active/Top Posters
Member No.: 3648

I totally agree with Scacciapensieri!
We all know who the Prince on the Hill is in this story and certainly he is not Terence! Their explanation is absurd!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
whitechapel
post Jan 15 2019, 09:53 AM
Post #17

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Member No.: 603

QUOTE(candyterry @ Jan 14 2019, 05:46 PM) *
PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITHOUT PERMISSION. smile.gif

According to PIKA, the reason for the subtitles for the 2 covers was an editorial choice and they were able to obtain approval from Nagita. Apparently, it's also common practice for french books to add subtitles.

This is their explanation for why the 2nd volume is titled the "Prince on the hill":

As for the choice of the subtitle itself, certainly, this second novel does not focus on "The Prince on the hill", but it is here to awaken the curiosity of the reader. The mystery surrounding the identity of this character is indeed a thread that we find in both books and is, finally, cleared up in this second volume; hence our choice. Of course, Terrence Grandchester and "The Prince on the Hill" are two characters whose encounter has deeply and, probably equally, marked Candy. Nevertheless, it is "The Prince on the Hill" who, first, made a decisive turning point in Candy's life and allowed her, in fact, to meet Terrence. In addition, this subtitle still allows to maintain a certain ambiguity as to the person with whom Candy chooses to share her life because until the end, the mystery around the "Prince on the hill" remains intact. However, during the second volume, Terrence is "associated" with a hill since Candy finds him more than once on one of them during their stay at the boarding school. In the end, it's still up to the reader (and you, of course!) to imagine which man Candy finally chose.

Et voilą ! wink.gif

I must admit, I'm surprised and glad that they acknowledged Terry's "association" with a hill and his equally important role in Candy's life. drawheart.gif It also sounds like the choice for "Prince on the Hill" could be a marketing strategy. hmm.gif

Nila, thanks for sharing this, you're Amazing!
Let me tell that this explanation about the second volume is poor according to my humble point of view . In Candy's story is not the Prince who does make a difference in Candy's life but William Albert, her adoptive father. The Prince stuff is ridiculous for me, it's just a hint to keep the fairy tale leit motiv on . They devolopped Candy's life so bad because the romance between her and Terry and their separation was the Main focus of the story. Sorry to be ot, but we are here after so many years because of the Hospital Stairs, not the identity of the Prince. So the explanation is not realistic and satisfying for me.
So personally I don' t like the title for the second book because it's not about the Prince at all. Then I have to add another thing: in the Italian Prefazione, Nagita tell the readers that Anohito identity is not important to reveal because it's up to the reader' s fantasy.....here they say that in the second book since Terry is associated to the Hill as well, the reader can choose freely his favourite Anohito.So why is the title about the Prince? I regret that Nagita lacks courage and will to abandon her ambiguity. Why every time everything has to be so confusing about Candy Candy?

+Quote Post
whitechapel
post Jan 15 2019, 10:29 AM
Post #18

CC Fan for life
Group Icon

Member No.: 603

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody could go to the event in Paris and maybe get an interview with Nagita.....with a list of questions by us, that would be amazing even if I sense that she would not answer many of them. Still she should because of our affection for Candy and for respect. I'm 39 and if my son who is 2 now, will learn about Candy in the future, will be because of me and not because Candy is everywhere airing or printed nowadays. Nagita should be respectful and at disposal of Candy audience.

+Quote Post
Anymaluc
post Jan 15 2019, 10:22 PM
Post #19

Neko Anny
Group Icon

Group: Active Members
Member No.: 4265

WOO HOO OMGGGGGGGGGG cheerleader.gif

QUOTE(candyterry @ Jan 11 2019, 02:05 PM) *
GROUNDBREAKING, EXCITING NEWS CANDY FANS!!! jump4joy2.gif

KEIKO NAGITA is FINALLY making a public appearance to promote the FRENCH EDITION of CCFS in Paris, France! jump4joy2.gif

PIKA just announced the news at their site: http://www.pika.fr/Annonce_RomanCandy

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2019 - 02:17 AM