by Tuba (aka Mrscage)
Terry is on stage, it is already the second time that the audience recalls him on stage after the curtains are closed. His new play is another success, he is not only a good actor of tragedy but he is also an author of comedy, the newspapers talks about him and how talented he is as an actor author and director. On stage he doesnít think of nothing but about the endless applause and about Susanne, his wife who sits among the audience at the first rank.
"Susanne, how beautiful is my wife, she is the one who comforts me and gives me all the inspiration that I need, here I am transformed into an author of comedy, Iím so happy that I donít want to take part in tragedies any more."
Once gone down from the scene he finds his wife who is waiting for him outside with red roses:
- You were excellent Terry my love, everybody is talking about you...
He bends down to kiss the woman on her wheel chair. "Her perfumeÖ I love her so much."
- Thank you my darling, it is thanks to you, you are my muse...
They leave to dine in the classiest restaurant in New York. It is their anniversary and Terry wants to make her a surprise. He closed the restaurant only for them, the pianist will play only their songs and he will offer her a ring to renew their wedding vows, as the first time two years ago, he didnít give his heart to this marriage. He wanted to start over. Susanne also had a surprise for her husband; she was expecting a baby. Their happiness will soon be complete... They arrived at the restaurant. The interior is decorated only for them, there are their pictures everywhere and Terry made them write with balloons "SUSANNE I LOVE YOU. MARRY ME." Susanne has tears of joy, even if she didnít understand quite well what her husband means.
- Marry You? But we are already married as I know of...
- Yes I know my love but you know, I am so ashamed to confess it, but the first time when we exchanged our vows, I was in love with another girl and marrying you was a duty for me.
The memories invade Susanne, the departure of Candy, the alcoholism of Terry and the way he treated her the first months of their marriage and then the change of attitude of Terry towards her with time. He does his best to make her happy now and repeats everyday how much he loves her. Her patience is rewarded. Even if Terry shows her his love, Susanne used to have doubts until today, she was wondering whether he would have married her if she had not had this accident. Today, all her doubts left, no more doubts, he loves her and he even wants renew their vows.
- So Susanne what do you think? Do you want to become my wife once again?
- Yes Terry, yes with all my heart, I live only for you.
- And me too, my muse...
They start to kiss with so much love that she thinks, "Life is so beautiful..."
Susanne does not speak much
during the dinner, she is like in a dream and she thinks of how she will
announce the great news to him.
- Susanne my love, here is my vow: "I had a life alone and sad, feeling to belong nowhere, the destiny however turned a so tragic event as your accident to the way that leads to true happiness which I was unable to see, I was busy to deplore my fate. You were so beautiful and patient, you did nothing but loving me, without ever judging me even when I was indifferent towards you and your love, even when I were cruel and wanted only to make you suffer, you always were there to wait for me. I am so grateful to you for bringing me happiness and peace; I will never leave you and will do my best to make you happy as much as youíve made me."
While he was saying those last words, he gives her the diamond ring. Susanne feels that it is the good moment to give him the good news.
- Terry, I didnít do anything but love you and you donít have to thank me, but I must thank you for the gift that you gave me. I not speaking about the ring but about the life who is starting to grow in me, of our child...
- What? You... you are pregnant?
Terry became so happyÖ he takes her in his arms and makes her turn around. The pianist looks them and thinks: ďA couple so much in love; you donít see that everyday. May God be with them and protect their love."