In a dump room in a miserable apartment in worn down building, an alarm clock rang. It’s 10 pm and a pretty hand stops the ringing slowly. The beautiful body slipped out of the bed and walked to the bathroom under the shower, under the lukewarm water scrubbing herself with soap. She gets out of the shower dries herself get dressed and goes in front of the dresser and she put some heavy make up on. Big black trait around her big minty green eyes. The cherry colour lipstick on her thin lips and on her head an auburn wig, on top of her natural blond and wavy hair. The mini skirt was mandatory and the cleavage on her breast was putting it in evidence thanks to a black wonder bra. The last touch, those big black shiny leather boots with high heels shaping her legs well done. She took her keys and got out, putting on a little black beret.
Hollywood boulevard, the street for the big stars during the day and for the poor loser during the night, She walks towards a shady pub and said hi to the boss. She went upstairs looking for her friend Sandra who should be nearby; she found her high with two guys talking loud. She took her by the hand and they went on the side to talk away from the people who were yelling.
- I looked in our savings; you back on drugs are you?
- Listen, one rail of coke once in a while doesn’t hurt.
- I told you not to touch that crap anymore, that money was supposed to pay for our rent! Louis is going to be upset with us.
- Relax, it’s going to be fine, tonight we’re going to get the riches guys in this damn city and we can pay Louis tomorrow morning.
- Don’t forget Neil Reagan who is going to wait for us and get the three quarter of our money.
- I’m not going to tell him what you’re doing tonight, you know.
- He’s going to learn it one way or another, we’ve been watched.
- Come on, we’ve got work to do.
The two girls got out in the street and they looked at a hooker walking on their turf, Sandra goes in front of her and tells her:
- Hey sugar, this our turf, my friend and mine. You’re new here, right?
- So you have to learn that from this bar to the one 200 m farther, it’s our turf, now get lost!
- Yeah ok, I’m leaving! I didn’t know!
The girl left and Candy looked at Sandra shaking her head;
- Yeah, it’s calm tonight, I don’t think our supper plan is going to work!
- Don’t worry, the night is still young and it’s always animated
- We better get a lot of money tonight or we’re going to find ourselves in the street and I don’t want Neil to come and bother me.
- He still bothers you?
- He’s annoying…
From afar a powerful car was coming very fast in their direction. It was a lotus Spirit; Candy knew that model for seeing it a lot on Hollywood Boulevard. It was a rich lawyer’s car who passed them without ever looking at them. Tonight, Candy needed money and she decided not to let him get away so fast. Sandra encouraged her:
- He’s yours! Happy hunting!
Candy went by border of the street looking at the car coming closer. She raised her skirt and she fixes her panty hose. She was wondering why she was doing it, because the car was probably not going to stop anyway. To her big surprise, the car stopped and she looked at Sandra, who gives her the thumbs up as a sign of victory, then she leaned to the window and she asked:
- Are lost pretty boy?
The man looked at leaned to look at her better. Their eyes met and Candy felt something in her chest… it wasn’t an old man who was driving, but a very handsome man, very attractive, who smiled at her giving her the map of Los Angeles:
- Yes, as a matter of fact, I’m looking for the Beverly Wilshire hotel.
- You’ve got the wrong direction; it’s on the other side of town.
- Oh… I just got here; I don’t know my way at all
- Do you want me to help you?
- Why not?
- There’s a price to pay for that.
- Really? You’re charging even for that?
- Yes, it’s going to be 50$
- That’s preposterous!
- Maybe, but you’re the one that’s lost, not me…
- Whatever, I'm in a rush to go to bed. Get in!
Candy got in the car and gave the man directions. In the car, the conversation stuck to the road indication that the young girl was giving him; the driver had trouble not looking at the young woman with the extremely short skirt shower her lower side. He was handsome, young and rich, attractive and women, he could have a dime a dozen when he wanted to, He wasn't desperate to the point he needed a hooker, but yet, he was attracted by her. Her cheap perfume filled the car and her nice breast with the cleavage he could see her breathing. Finally, the luxury hotel was in front of them and the doorman came to open the car door. He was a little shocked seeing the young woman a little vulgar getting out saying:
– Wow! That's awesome!
– Thank you said the doorman; do you have any luggage Miss?
– I'm not a customer here.
– Of course.
– Well, pretty boy, you're at your destination. I'm going to take a cab with my 50$ to get back to my office.
– Your office? Laughed the man, well thank you for your help, I would never have made here without you.
– You're welcome. Have a good night and if you want to see me again, you know where to find me.
Candy left and goes to sit on a bench at a bus shelter to wait for the bus. If she takes a cab her 50$ were going to melt like the snow under the sun and she won’t have anything left/ she arranged her beret and closed her jacket. There was a little cold breeze that made her shiver. She heard footsteps and she turned around, she smiled seeing the man walking towards her asking:
– No cab?
– No, I changed my mind; I'd rather take the bus.
– What if I ask you to keep me company for a while, how much will that be?
– It depends, it’s 100$ an hour.
– That much?
– It's the luxury of lust! So is it yes or no?
– I will give you 50$ now and the rest in my room!
Candy approached him and she sees him putting his light coat on her shoulders. She wanted to protest, but he had the following argument:
– It's not the kind of hotel that rents room by the hour.
Candy let him put the coat on her and followed him inside.
– WOW! She said out loud, when she looked at the luxury of the hotel around her.
The man smiled, and then he went to the reception to get his key. The hotel manager, William Albert Andrew, sees the young woman and observes her with a less than enthousiastic look, as she follows the man to take the elevator. But didn't do anything... He knows Terrence Grandchester by name and knows that he's a powerful business man. In the hallway, Terrence guides the young woman in his suite and opens the door. He lets her get in and walks to the phone to order room service.
Candy looked at him and she says:
– Hey, you've paid for half an hour, let me remind you.
– Everything is going to be fine. I'll pay you for the extra hours. Are you hungry?
– Yes, I'm starving.
– Then relax.
Champagne and different plates were delivered in the suite half an hour later. Candy ate the food on her plate with appetite. A glass of Champagne in one hand, he observed her in silence, smiling.
He usually rejected the company of others, he was admitting that this young woman was intriguing him and he love to see her so natural and spontaneous, He presented her with a plate of strawberries and said;
– Take one, it bring out the flavour of the Champagne.
– Ok... mmm, they're delicious; I haven't had these in years.
– I don't know your name.
– Me neither, I don't know your name. Well in my line of work, we don't care, the only name we know and we give to everybody is dollar.
She burst out of laugh and he smiled:
– My name is Terence Graham Grandchester and you are?
– Grandchester? Like the Grandchester of London? She asked without smiling.
– As a matter of fact, I just got transferred to Los Angeles.
– Wow, I heard you're related to the English royal family, is that true?
– My father is Her Majesty's first cousin.
– Oh shit... oh... sorry.
– Well you pretty expressive, Are you going to give me your name?
– My name is Candice White... but calls me Candy.
– It's very pretty. I think it's a very sweet name.
– And I'm very sweet to eat, she said smiling. On the other side, time is still passing and if you want to hit the sheets, you have to think about starting because I have to get back to work after that.
– How much for the whole night?
– You can't afford it.
– Try me.
– Done! Now we can relax!
Candy looked at the man stranding of from the table and walk to his desk to work a little. Disoriented, she stays there on the chair for a moment without moving. A radiant smile on her face! If Sandra could see her, she would jump to the roof! She walks to the bathroom and tells him she wants to get ready for the night. Terry who didn't hear her well follows her and he sees her turning around quickly, hiding something behind her back, His voice was cold when he asked:
– What is it that you have in your hand?
– Nothing, nothing at all.
– Very well...
He takes her by the hand and grabbed her bag with the other arm saying;
– I don't want any drugs in here, get out!
– I'm not doing drugs!
– Then show me what you're hiding!
He opens her hand, by force and he felt stupid when he saw:
– Dental floss?
– Yeah, so what? I had some strawberry seeds between my teeth; you have to take care of your gums!
– I'm sorry, forgive me. Continue.
– Thank you.
Terry leaves closing the door behind him to go back to his work.
During the evening, Candy was watching television lying on her belly on the thick carpet. The man went to sit on the sofa facing her and looked at her in silence. She had something kind of noble. She was beautiful, her face was soft and her eyes as green as the forest in his native Scotland made her more attractive. She felt observed, she looked up and she smiled at him nicely. Candy turned off the volume of the television and approached Terry. She undid the buttons of his shirt and opened it to reveal his muscled torso perfectly shaped. The belt of his pants with the sound of the zipper was heard while she kept looking at him. She took her clothes off revealing her black lace under garments. She leaned and she asked him whispering;
– What do you like?
– What do you do?
– I do everything... but i don't kiss on the mouth.
– Me neither, he replied.
She kissed his vibrant torso, going down slowly. Terry inspired deeply and let her lead the dance without saying a word...
The next morning under the shower, Terry was sincerely asking himself whatever got him to sleep with a hooker he picked up on Hollywood Boulevard, with his lawyer friend's car none the less. Archibald is going to be glad to learn something like that... he walked to the living room passing by the opened door of the bedroom and he saw the young woman, serenely sleeping on the bed. She has her long blond and wavy hair on the pillow. Her naked body, under the sheets were up to her waist, allowing him the pleasure to admire her perfect curves her white back with and some freckles on them. How could such a nice and beautiful creature do that kind of job? Whatever happened to her to end up on the streets? He put back the covers on her shoulders and he got out to go to back to work.
Candy wakes up softly in the big bed king size bed of the royal suite. She rubbed her eyes and looked around her. Did he even get some sleep? She got out of bed and put on a robe she found in the bathroom and she walked to the living room, the thick carpet was shielding the sound of her steps. She listened to him talk on the phone:
– If the crazy old MacGregor cares about his business, he better sell it to me... Ok, listen Archie, I'll let you handle the deal, and I’ll join you at work later.
He hung up with sigh and went back to reading his paper when he heard:
He turned around and smiled seeing Candy standing in front of him:
– Good morning.
– Blond? She said showing her hair
– I like that better, he said smiling, and did you have a good sleep?
– Yeah, too good... I forgot where I was.
– The job wants it that way?
– Probably. I'm going to go shower and I'll leave you.
– You don't want to eat anything? I took the liberty of ordering everything that was on the menu. Please have seat.
The food smelled so well so did the coffee and the croissants. Candy thanked him softly and sat at the table eating a piece of croissant, she looked at him smiling tenderly.
– Well, you’re silent all of a sudden this morning, Miss Freckles, what happened to the exuberant woman from last night?
– Without make up and my wig and barely awake, I'm myself.
– I like that better; you're more elegant that way.
– Thank you...so Terrence, what do you do in real life?
– I buy companies in difficulties and I resell them.
– Wow, you must be very smart...
– Why do you say that?
– I only made it to grade 11. What about you?
– As far as I could go.
– This business is going to cost you a piece of cake right?
– Well this business is going to cost me the piece of cake of a billion dollar.
– A billion dollar?
– I see... well, would you mind if I took a swim in your bathtub before I leave?
– Be my guest.
Candy stood up from her chair and went to the bathroom. She opened the water and took a quick shower and filled up the bathtub with foaming salts, she had a Walkman on with headphones on and she was singing loud, off key.
In the living room, on the phone again with Archibald Cornwell his lawyer, Terry had stopped talking to listen to the young woman sing. She was off key but he smiled and approached the bathroom. Archibald was telling him that Mr. MacGregor wanted to have dinner with him that night to talk business.
– You shouldn't be going alone Terry. Take a girlfriend with you; you want me to call Susanna? She's going to be happy.
– No thank you, I already have someone.
– Ah, you don't lose anytime do you? You barely got here in Los Angeles, and you find a girlfriend...
Terry was in the bathroom and Candy couldn't hear him, her eyes were closed and she was still singing, he sad by the bathtub. He looked at her in silence while his lawyer was asking:
– Who is that singing?
– The chamber maid.
– The chamber maid? How awful, tell her to shut up.
– Tell MacGregor to meet me at the restaurant at 8 pm. I'll be there.
– Ok. I'll see you later at the office.
Terry hung up and Candy chose that moment to open her eyes. She smiled shyly taking off the headphones and asked him:
– Have you ever learned to knock?
– I have a job proposal for you.
– What is it?
– I'm in town until Sunday; I want you to spend the week with me.
– I'll pay you to be at my disposal night and day.
– I would love to be “at your disposal” night and day, but... you're young and very handsome man. You could have any woman you want.
– I want a professional, I don't like non-professionals. So?
– Listen if you want me 24/7 its' going to cost you a lot.
– Oh, there we go, let's talk money. How much for the whole week??
– Well 6 nights and days... let's say... 4000$
– 6 nights at 300$ a night , that's 1800$
– You're forgetting about the days!
– Then, 2000...
– Holy cow!!! Said Candy diving inside the bath.
Terry leaned on top of her and asked:
– So, it that a “yes”, Candy?
– Yes it's yes of course!
Later, Terry gives her a pack of money telling her:
– Tonight, I have a business diner, get dressed for the occasion.
– Something less showing than what you were wearing last night, for example.
– Old fashioned?
– Classic! I'll come to pick you up at 7:30, please be ready.
– Pretty boy, I'm going to give you so much pleasure you won't want to let me go...
– It's for 6 days and I'm paying you 3000$, and I will let you go.
– I would've stayed for 2000.
– I would've paid 4000. See you tonight.
Candy looked at the man leaving smiling. Her green eyes were swimming between dream and reality. This wonderful man was lavishing her so much since last night. Her heart had melted in front of this angel of business. His blue-green eyes which have admired her all night long were making her heart beat violently. She bit her lower lip and she ran to the bedroom and threw herself on the bed. She laughed, screaming showing she was paid to the end of the week. She sat up and she took the phone to call Sandra, then she will go shopping...What will her friend think when she'll tell her the news?