Night and Day
- I don’t want to let you go… let time stand still this way. Candy... don’t go! Candy! Candy!....................
Damn it, that dream again! Why am I torturing myself? So useless… Everything… everything… meaningless… I… I should drink something. At least I’m smart enough to keep a bottle always close to my bed, a glass of whiskey… Oh what the hell, forget about the glass, tonight the bottle would be just fine…it will feel good, warm… What time is it? Hard to guess, almost morning? Or is it still just midnight? Does it matter? I wish nights were not that hard, I forgot long time ago the meaning of a good night sleep… I spend all my nights thinking of her. Cursing her!
- DAMN YOU CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well good job Terry, what will you drink now that you throw the bottle to the wall? Probably I could find an open place somewhere…
It’s good to be outside, a little cold… Already December… When was the last time I saw her? Spring? Why am I so obsessed with time tonight?! Does it matter? Spring? Autumn? Aren’t they all the same? Always cold, no matter what…
- WHAT’S WRONG WITH THIS CITY? THERE ISN’T ANY PLACE TO DRINK?!
Drink… drink… drink! Is there anything else that I can think about? I won’t drink tonight. It’s useless; it doesn’t even help me to find sleep anymore and it certainly doesn’t help me forget about her… How will I make it through the night?
- Candy… if you won’t come back to me… please stop torturing me… stop haunting my nights… Damn it that Sun! Rise! rise and make me forget!
Good, finally it’s morning, let’s have a
coffee, and go to the theater for the last rehearsal before the premiere
- Good morning, Robert, what a beautiful morning, isn’t it?
Finally morning! I have to hurry up to
prepare the breakfast…
- Good morning Ms Pony, Sister Maria! What a beautiful morning isn’t it
**********- Want to bet? Catch me if you can!
girl…I’m a smart girl… I left the play early and took my place here,
now when he will come out to greet the fans, he will see me! I won’t be
left behind among all those girls, like the last time! He will surely
hear me too… We will talk… Terry and I… after all that time… I have to
talk to him, even if it’s the last time… I need this… Albert was right,
I’m glad I listened to him. My life in Pony Home maybe calm and
peaceful but it’s not really living… it’s like waiting… Waiting for
something to happen… Waiting for a prince to come and kiss me… a prince
to take me with him… When I was a kid, it was good to dream of my
prince of the hill… He was my prince… but it turned out that he was
just Albert, a good friend, a brother… but not a prince... A prince
never comes to rescue a poor little girl… Fairytales never come true… I
have to be strong and start living. Talking with Terry will hurt. He
will tell me that he loves Susanna, that he is happy with her. I will
cry… But it’s fine… I already spend my nights crying, what I have to
loose? At least I will stop waiting for him… Today is the last day that
I wait for him…
- Where is he? Why doesn’t he come out? It’s cold…
The girls started to leave. I heard two of them saying that Terry escaped from a back door… NO!!!!…….. please… God, don’t make him leave before seeing me. I wouldn’t have the strength to come again, I can not go to see him in his apartment… what if Susanna opens to the door? I can not… It’s so cold… Terry…
- Don’t tell me that there are still girls waiting for me! When will you lock the doors? Oh, I still have an hour? Good…
Those fans!… It’s been almost an hour and they are still waiting… They can wait until morning if they want to. I don’t want to go home anyway. Going home… That place is not even my home! I was going to buy a big apartment for me and Candy. We were going to be a family and I would go home every night, to my wife… She would sleep in my arms every night. And look at us now! I wonder if other arms are holding her tight… The Dandy? Albert? Or any other guy.
- STOP IT TERRY!!!!!!
Stop it, idiot! Don’t torture yourself…and it’s a good thing if she found someone to make her happy, it’s a good thing if she is married now.
- I made her promise to be happy… I…made her promise…
It’s almost midnight… I have to go… they will close this place.
It’s almost midnight… and I’m alone… he won’t come. He is probably already at home, in Susanna’s arms.
- Candy, you idiot!
I came all the way here, I spend hours waiting for him here… what for? What was I hoping?
- He… he… left… and… I … couldn’t see him….
I can not hold the tears anymore! I don’t want to… I… where will I go now? What will I do? I found myself walking in the snow all alone… one more time… and this cold… is it the weather or my heart?
What? Footsteps? Who can it be? A thief? Oh no… I can not deal with it now… Please God, protect me… I must walk faster…
do not turn your face…. You look so much like her from behind, your
hair… Now I follow girls in the middle of the night? What if
it’s her?! Don’t be silly Terry… what would Candy do here? She walks so fast… I won’t follow her all night long, will I? She must be scared… I have to talk to her. When she’ll turn her face, I will see that it’s just a girl who has nothing to do with my Candy… She probably doesn’t even have freckles…
- Excuse me, miss…
What? This voice…
She stopped like she knew my voice… Oh my God… can it be possible?
- Could you turn to me? You look like someone I know…
That’s his voice! Oh my God… can it be possible?
She is turning around, my heart will explode, it beats so fast….
- Oh my God! Candy! It’s you!!!!
It’s him! It’s him! IT’S HIM!!! And I’m in his arms… I didn’t expect him to take me in his arms like that… I thought he would be surprised and ask me what I am doing here… but he didn’t ask anything… I’m in his arms! I’m in his arms!
She is in my arms! She is in my arms! It’s her! And she is in my arms!
- If it’s a dream… I don’t want to wake up…I want to sleep forever… night and day…
- Oh.. Terry…. I…I…
- Shhh… don’t say anything, just kiss me…
- No Terry! Stop!
- Stop? Why? You’re here… you came to me…
- You’re with Susanna, you’re going to marry her, I can not kiss you, I just came to make things clear and to…
- Oh shut up…
He is kissing me… his lips… so tender… I…. Her lips in mine… forever… sealed…
- Let’s go home… you will catch cold here
- What do you think? That I would let you go now? I won’t make the same mistake twice Candy, you’re here, you’re with me, you love me… and you will spend all your nights with me starting from tonight!
- What?! No way!!!
- You’re going to be my wife Freckles, no matter what, you’re going to be my wife… Our life just started… and I love you…
- But your duty… Susanna…
- I have only one duty Candy… and it is to make you happy… I made that promise to myself long time ago and I failed… but I will make it up to you.
- But we need to talk…
- We will have all our days to talk from now on… Now, no need to talk… we just need to be in each other’s arms. Come here Freckles…
The snow was falling in the streets of New York. A couple was walking hand in hand, the woman was talking while the man was laughing. They were meant to be together, you could see it just by looking at them. It was the first one of all the nights that they were going to spend together… and it was the night of the first day of their life together… Fairytales never come true but the truth can turn to a fairytale sometimes….