"Back to school…"
The clock on the
main hall of the Beverly Hills High showed 9.00 o’clock. It was the 5th of
September and the gates of the school were wide open to welcome the new and the
old students. But most of all they were open to welcome the undergraduates of
the year 2007. This year was going to be one of the best and most successful
years for the Raven’s, the school’s soccer team since they had a very talented
and “powerful” captain, Terrence Grandchester. President of his class and one of
the best students not to mention his success with the girls of the school.
Everyone wanted to be in his little group and every girl’s dream was to escort
them at the prom.
- Hey look who’s here!
- Hey guys!
- Terry! Where have you been the past two weeks…
- You know…Fooling around…
- Fooling around? With girls?
- Something like that…
- Oh, come on man. You have your Susie. She is the best looking girl in the whole school. Not to mention…
She’s got to be great at bed too.
- Do you want a piece of her?, said Terry to his friend Josh with a mocking smile.
- Wouldn’t you mind?
- Not at all Josh… Just try…
- I don’t like it when you have this tone at your voice Terry.
They burst out laughing.
- May I join your little group?
- Oh, hey Susie. Josh and Terry were talking about you, you know.
- Is that right? She goes and kisses Terry on his lips.
- Hey baby. How was your week?, Terry asked her
- Boring. You know, you could call me, it was frustrating just to sit there and waiting for the cell to ring, so I decided to do some other stuff.
- What stuff?
- Stuff… she said and walked away to meet her girlfriends.
- Terry what she meant by other stuff?
- You know Susie. She’s so empty. Probably she would try some new make-up on. Hey guys let’s go see the coach.
- All right!!
Two hours earlier.
- Baby, wake up. You’re going to be late at your first day.
- Mom… I think that I won’t belong there.
- Candy, sweetie, you have doubts again. Remember when you learnt that you were adopted? You kept saying that you didn’t fit in our family too. But you are my little girl, and you make me happy every time I look into your beautiful green eyes. You have this talent to win everyone’s heart.
That’s what made me bond with you that day…when you were a little baby.
- Mom, I love you so much. But why did we have to move here at the last year of my school?
- Your father got a promotion at Beverly Hills and we had to. I know that you feel like an alien now but you’re one of the best students everything is going to be fine. I trust you.
- Thanks mom. I’ll be ready in a couple of minutes.
“ How difficult will be for me to adapt to the new situation? I already miss Chicago. Anthony… What are you doing now.? Getting ready for the new school year? My best friend. I’ll write him when I come back from school. If I survive of course…”
Candy was entering her new
school. So many students. They all looked so happy with their friends and she
felt so lonely. She looked at her paper. She had to find class 3-C, chemistry
was her first class for today… She saw a blonde girl laughing with her friends,
she headed towards her to ask her for some details.
- Excuse me… Hello?
- Yes?, the blonde girl said with an arrogant look.
- Can you tell me where this class is?
- You’re new here?
- Yes, my name is Candy White.
- I didn’t ask your name, but anyway mine is Susanna Marlowe, friends call me Susie, something you can’t since I don’t know you. Candy saw “Susie”. She was like she popped out of the
“Cosmopolitan”, all dressed up… She was so simple in front of her. With her jeans and her golden, curly hair caught in a ponytail.
let’s see what class you’re looking for so you leave us, said another red haired
- 3-C? You’re a geek aren’t you?
- I’m just good at the classes that’s all, said Candy looking down. She was feeling like an alien all right. What were those girls? So unfriendly.
- O.K. 3-C is right down that corner. You’ll find it.
- Whatever, said Susanna, girls let’s move we’ve got training with the other cheerleaders.
- Of course, cheerleaders, said Candy to herself. What else?
After a while the students got in class. Candy sat in front of a young girl with glasses.
- Hi… said the girl.
- Hello, answered Candy.
- New here?
- My name’s Pattie. It’s nice to meet you.
- Mine is Candy White, nice to meet you too.
- This one is Annie.
- Hi Candy, said Annie
- If you want any help with classes come tell us. You can sit with us.
- Thanks, I was beginning to get desperate.
- Why? Asked Annie.
- Well everyone looked so unfriendly.
- Really? Who was the first person you talked too? Asked Pattie.
- Susanna Marlowe.
- Oh… said both girls. That’s why. She and her gang are so…
- O.K. I think I know what you mean said Candy smiling.
That moment a young man’s voice was heard from the door.
- O.K. guys see you after class.
- Fine bro.
- Annie look is Terry, said Pattie with a melting voice.
- Oh, he’s getting more handsome every summer.
Terry passed them and sat to his chair.
- Who’s that? Asked Candy.
- He’s Terrence Grandchester. The most gorgeous boy ever. And he’s dating Susanna. Captain of our soccer team, president of our class and one of the best students although chemistry is not his strongest point.
- Well, that sounds great but if I judge from the fact that he’s dating that “witch” then he’s not better., said Candy.
- Well, I don’t know. I haven’t talked to him ever. Said Pattie.
- Me neither, said Annie.
- I don’t need to, added Candy.
The teacher entered the classroom and the lesson started. Candy was great at chemistry, even the teacher was speechless. And not only him a pair of deep blue eyes looked carefully that clever newbie…