“The summer vacations begins”
Terry was looking at the majestic castle. Richard Grandchester liked beautiful homes and this one was no exception. Was Candy already there? He wanted to surprise her. So he got to the gate he rang the bell. Someone arrived to ask him what he wanted. It was a man, dressed like a butler.
- I’d like to see Miss Candy, please…
- And you are?
- Terrence Andrew
- One moment please…
The man left and got in the castle. The duke was passing by and he asked the butler, who was the man in question.
- Who is that young man, Stuart?
- Terrence Andrew, he looking for Miss Candy…
- Miss Candy has bigger fish to fry… but let him in, I’ll see him…
- Very well Your Grace.
The butler went to get Terry at the gate.
- Follow me please…
- Thank you, said Terry obedient
He followed the butler and he met the duke…
- Welcome to my castle Terrence! Said the duke smiling, I’m the duke of Grandchester, Candy’s father
- Oh, said Terry, pleased to meet you, Your Grace
- You’ve met my daughter in college?
- Euh… yes
- Is she still behaving badly? She’s doing anything to get my attention
- It doesn’t seem to be working…
- You know Candice is a very difficult child and very spoiled. If I satisfy all of her whims, it will never end. For example, everything she does in that school is to attract my attention. You know she can drive her car everyday to go to school every day and she’s rather stay in boarding school?
- Really? You didn’t send her there?
- Of course not… I wanted to stay home with my daughter to keep an eye on her… she’s my flower; I’m keeping her for princes…
While they were talking, they walked to the garden where there was a barbecue and where Candy was keeping company to Prince Andrea…
- There she is with Prince Andrea, don’t they make a beautiful couple? I can already picture the wedding… My little girl will become a princess…
Terry felt like they were ripping his heart out of his chest and stepping on it. He always knew that Candy wasn’t a girl for him, she was dating princes, she had big ambitions, to become the sovereign of a country. She has nothing to do with a little orphan like him… What was he thinking? He allowed himself to dream, because he couldn’t stop thinking about her.
- She didn’t tell you she was dating a boy from her school? Said Terry hurt
- Candy doesn’t date boys from her school, she rather date princes… the boys at her school are old fashioned, she said, they don’t deserve her attention… otherwise, I wouldn’t have invited prince Andrea here to keep her company…
- Oh, said Terry hurt
They met a blond man.
- Oh look, it’s Mark Lester! Said the duke, you probably know the movie “Oliver!” That was him when he was still good looking…
Terry had Mark Lester in front of him, the actor of his favourite movie, but he wasn’t able to appreciate the moment of his presence…
- Hi, said Mark smiling
- Hello, said Terry dryly
He looked at Candy laughing with her prince… His heart was hurting and Mark Lester wasn’t going to cheer him up…
- Excuse me Your Grace, Mr. Lester; I don’t feel so goof … I have to go…
Terry turned around and left the Grandchester castle almost running out of there. His head was spinning… Candy didn’t know he was in Scotland, he was supposed to go back to the United Stated and he might not be coming back England next year… But to see her with the prince, didn’t hurt any less. She was comfortable with him… There was no way he would’ve known that she was bored to death, that she was pretending to be interested in the prince’s conversation and that she couldn’t stop thinking about him.
Terry was walking around without knowing where he was going. He arrived by the lake and he saw a beautiful woman, who looked sad. She was wearing glasses and a hat. Terry approached her.
- Are you ok? He asked
- I’m fine, said the lady sniffling
- Do you need help?
- No, I’m fine, thank you…
Terry looked at her closer, he recognized Eleonor Baker. She probably came to see Candy… But since she was busy with Prince euro-trash, the duke had probably sent Eleonor Baker away, telling her that his princess was busy and didn’t want to see her.
- Life is funny, isnt it? Said the lady, we spend our time trying to become famous, then we forget where we come from… and what’s important… and when they send you to hell, it hurts so much…
The lady left in tears. Terry understood her pain. Eleonor Baker, the big movie star, the Oscar winner, sent away by Candice Grandchester, her secret daughter… too busy having fun with her euro trash prince to speak to the women who gave her life! Sometimes, Candice Grandchester was really the bitch they say she was… He would’ve given to have his mother with him, anything… Oh Candy! He took a few steps and stumbled upon a book; he picked it up, it was “Romeo and Juliet” he opened it and he saw the name: Eleonor Baker… He turned around to see if she was still there, but she was already gone. Too bad, he’ll give it back to her if he gets the occasion, or he’ll go to her hotel to give it back to her…
Candy was with her prince and she went to powder her nose. She met her father.
- So princess? He said
- I bored to death! Said Candy sulking
- Think about the reward…I want the prince to leave happy…
- You want him to come back and spend time at you castle? That’s going to be without me!
- Candice, please… I let you do whatever you want and all I ask in return it for you to be nice to the prince from time to time … Do you know how many would like to be in your place?
- I don’t care! I don’t need any prince…
- You’re in love with that boy from your school aren’t you? Said the duke
- That has nothing to do with it…
- Yes it does… because usually the princes have all your attention… and today, the prince is boring??!?!?
- Daddy, I just a little weary, that’s all…
- We had a deal…
- Very well, said Candy sulking
She continued her way. The duke thought about Terry and said to himself that it was a good thing he got rid of him. His daughter wasn’t interested in princes anymore because of that savage American? He had to find a way to neutralize Candy and Terrence’s relationship for good. What he had done earlier was going to separate them earlier, maybe for good, but seeing his daughter state of mind, she was in love for the first time. For the first time she was in love it was of a commoner!!!
Candy went back to her prince to please him. She couldn’t wait for the day to be over and for prince euro trash to leave…
Terry went to see his friends, Jones and Patrick. The girls went to do some window shopping.
- Terry! How are you buddy? Said Jones
- No, I’ve been better, said Terry
- What’s going on? Asked Jones
- Lady Candy, said Patrick
- Lady Candy, said Terry
- What did she do? Asked Jones
- She’s busy with her prince euro trash! Said Terry upset
- Prince euro trash? Said Jones
- Prince William? Asked Patrick
- No, the Monacan!
- Prince Andrea? Said Jones
- Her father clearly told me that his daughter was going to marry a prince one day…
- You told him you were her boyfriend? Asked Patrick
- No… I even think I met Mark Lester…
- From the movie “Oliver”? Asked Jones astonished
- I think…
- You think? My God! You must’ve been in a real choc not to be impressed by your idol…
- Oh I don’t care! Said Terry, she was playing with me!
- But she didn’t know you were coming, said Patrick
- That doesn’t change anything! She was with the prince! She thought I was gone…
- So, you shouldn’t be upset with her, she thought she was free…, said Jones
- What did she say when you confronted her? Asked Patrick
Terry didn’t reply.
- Terry? Said Patrick, did you talk to Lady Candy?
- No… I left, I…left without talking to her
- Oh, said Jones
- She was with Prince Euro Trash! Said Terry
- There probably was an explanation; you should’ve talked to her!!! Said Jones
- I don’t want to talk about it! Said Terry upset, I’m leaving! See you tomorrow!!!
Terry abandoned his friends to go back to the castle, upset and fuming. Candy and her euro trash prince!!! On his way, he realized that he still had the “Romeo and Juliet” book in his hands. He decided to go to the hotel he saw in the village to see if he could leave the book at the reception. At the door, he met the girls…
- Terry! Said Ashley smiling, what are you doing here? You came to see Eleonor Baker?
- Eleonor Baker? Said Terry surprised
He hid the book under his t-shirt.
- Yes, they say she’s here on holidays! Said Allyson, I’d like to take a picture of her
- And I want her autograph, said Ashley
- Oh… well no… I was just passing by. I’m going back to the castle
- Wait, we’re coming with you, said Allyson, let’s go Ash; it’s probably a false rumour. We’ve been waiting for hours for nothing…
- That’s too bad, said Ashley; these holidays were starting off good right? With a movie star to chase?
Ashley was in a better mood since their arrival. Terry didn’t want to give her the occasion to change her mood by talking about Candy. So he didn’t tell them his meeting with the duke and seeing Candy with her prince euro trash.
- Let’s go play a board game; said Allyson, everything is electronic these days and on DVD…
- All right, said Terry smiling, let’s go girls
He forgot about Candy and her prince euro trash and he had fun with his two cousins, like crazy.
The prince didn’t stay for dinner, He had a previous engagement and Candy was relieved.
- I don’t feel too good. After the exams and nights spent studying, the overwork, I have to rest…
- Fine, I’ll see next time then
- See you next time, said Candy smiling
- Your Grace, he said to the duke
- Your serene highness, said the duke
The prince left. Candy had a sigh of relief.
- Thank you sweetheart, said the duke
- When are you leaving? Asked Candy
- First thing tomorrow morning. You’ll have to support us for one more night.
- I hope you’re going to be gone when I wake up! Said Candy entering the house.
She went to her room to thinking about Terry.
“Oh my God! I never thought I would miss him so much! Oh Terry!!! Call me fast, as soon as you get there! Call me Terry ! Call me!!”
She had a bad feeling… She wanted to speak to Terry… but she thought he was on a plane to America…
Terry was in his room later that day, he wanted to call Candy, but as soon as he thought about prince euro trash, he got upset!!!
“The Monacan can go to hell!” He said upset.
That’s how the first day of the holidays happened for our lovebirds, whose middle name wad “misunderstanding”…