by Mallory Quinn
There was a breeze blowing on the deck of the boat, a magnificent ship named “The Lady
Georgie II”. The smell of the sea was overwhelming. A little girl was looking at
the water moving. She was wearing a little green dress with a matching hat. She
had thick wavy blond hair, held in half a pony tail with a nice ribbon. Her
shoes were white and her socks were green. She was walking around without any
supervision. She was looking for children her age, but most children were with
their parents. She finally saw this little boy looking at the water. She decided
to approach him. He was taller than her he was dressed in a sailor suit and
crying silently. The little girl was getting closer and she saw his tears. She
felt like consoling him…
- Hi, she said, what’s wrong?
The little boy was startled to have been caught crying by a little girl. He felt ashamed.
- What do you want? He asked rudely
- I just want to see what’s wrong with you…
- Did I ask you for something? Leave me alone! You’re not my mother!!!
- You don’t need to be so rude! I was just asking if you were fine… she said with tears pearling in her eyes
The little boy looked at her, he felt bad. It wasn’t her fault if he was crying…
- Look, I’m sorry, ok? He said looking at her, you’re a nice girl...
- I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be so nosy, my mummy always tell me I’m a bit nosy…
- Too nosy if you ask me…
- And you’ve got freckles all over your face too!!! That’s terrible!
- That’s how I was born! I can’t get rid of them and anyway I love them! My mommy says I have them because I’m special…
- Really? Special how?
- Because freckles are presents from the sun…! So I’m special because I have them! And you don’t have any!!!
She pulled her tongue to him.
- Yeah right! Like I’d want freckles all over my face!!!! You should mind your own business… leave me alone...
- But I’m so bored! I was looking for someone to play with me, would you play with me?
- You’re a girl! I’m a boy!
- So that means I can’t play with you?
- I don’t play with girls! You girls play with dolls!!!
- And you don’t have any GI Joe dolls?
- They’re not dolls they’re call action figures!
- Really? Well to me it’s just a fancy name so boys won’t say “dolls” and look cool…
- You know what? You’re annoying!!!
- Why? Because I talk a lot?
They looked at each other; he had blue green eyes, with brown hair a little long with bangs, almost a mushroom cut, but not quite… He was a very cute little boy, very handsome.
- Candy? Said a woman’s voice, there you are! How could you disappear on me like that?
The voice came from a very beautiful woman, with blond hair like the little girl. She was wearing a green dress and her hair was down. Mother and daughter looked like twins.
- Mummy, said the little girl, I’m sorry I was just talking to …
She couldn’t finish her sentence, she was interrupted by…
- Terry! Said a man’s voice, Terry! Why did you leave the dining room?
The man was tall, he had brown hair, very attractive and he was talking to the little boy.
- I wasn’t hungry, said the little boy
- Well you could’ve waited for me to take a walk
- I just needed some fresh air, said the little boy
- Yeah and chasing after girls …
- I’m not chasing after girls! She came to me…
- He was just teasing you, said Candy’s mother smiling, when you get older, you’re going to take it as a compliment
- Really? Said the little boy
- Yes, really! Said Candy's mother
Terry’s father was looking at Candy’s mother with a nice smiling.
- Well hello! He said
- Hi, she said smiling
They looked at each other.
- Richard Grandchester, this is my son Terrence, we call him Terry
- I’m Georgie Gerald she said, this is my daughter, Candice, we call her Candy
- Pleased to meet you…
- Richard Grandchester, as in the Duke of Grandchester? Asked Georgie
- In the flesh, said the duke
- Oh…, said Georgie blushing
- And you must be Earl Gerald’s daughter, the one who loves Australia so much: this boat is named after you…
- Indeed, said Georgie blushing some more
- You are much more beautiful than your ship, said the duke kissing her hand
- Thank you, because this ship is a beauty
- Would you care to go for a walk with me and my son?
- Yes, I’d be delighted…, said Georgie
- Dad! Can we go back to our cabin? I want to rest…
- Terrence, don’t be rude, we’ll go back to our cabin later…
- But dad…
- Terrence don’t argue with me…
Terry was sulking and walking beside his father. Candy was holding her mother’s hand and smiling at Terry, who looked at her with mean eyes. The two parents were talking smiling and laughing.
Later, Candy was in the cabin with her mother.
- Mummy, you like Terry’s father?
- Candy, that’s not very polite of you to ask me that
- But I want to know…
- Because if you like him, you can marry him and…
- I can marry Terry…
Georgie burst out laughing and she hugged her daughter.
- Honey, you’re too young to get married…
- Says who?
- Says the law… and if I marry the duke…
- You’re going to be a dukess?
- It’s called a duchess…
- Duchess? Like the beautiful cat in “The Aristocats”, can I be Marie?
Georgie burst out laughing again, her daughter was hilarious!
- You can be anything and anybody you want, “Marie”!
Candy burst out laughing with her mother.
- You like the duke?
- Yes, said Georgie
- I like Terry too… and...
- You can’t marry Terry
- But why?
- Because children don’t get married… and if the duke and I get married, you and Terry become brother and sister…
- But …he’s not my brother! He’s my husband!
- Candy, said her mother…oh well! I don’t think I’m going to marry the duke anyway, we just met… and we might not continue seeing each other
- But you like him don’t you?
- Yes, I do…
- And I think he likes you too
- You just want us to be together so you can play with Terry, don’t you?
- No, so that I can marry Terry too…, she said like it was the most natural thing in the world
- Oh Candy! Said her mommy laughing
Georgie looked at her little girl. She had a major crush on Terry. Her first crush ever! And it was so cute!
The next day Georgie and Candy met the Duke and Terry at the restaurant for breakfast. Candy was happy to see Terry.
- You again, Freckles…, said Terry
- My name is Candy, not freckles, said Candy angry
- Well I think “Freckles” suits you better, said Terry
Terry was saying that to make Candy angry so she won’t bother anymore. Candy was sulking, then she looked at Terry.
- Well I think those Freckles are beautiful, said the Duke, you’re lucky you have some…
- Thank you, said Candy smiling! So Terry is being nice by calling me “Freckles”?
Georgie and the Duke looked at each other.
- Absolutely! Said the Duke
- Dad! Said Terry
- Terry, you have to be nice to the lady
- She’s not a lady, she’s a little girl!
- And I’m telling you , she’s a lady, treat her like one!
- No! Said Terry
- Terrence Graham Grandchester!
Terry looked at his father sulking and looking at Candy with mean eyes! Why was his father making him do that? A girl???? Yuck!
- Dad, she’s a girl!!!!
- I think we’ve all established that, said the Duke
- Come on, said Georgie, leave him alone, he’s just a little boy…
- He has to learn to respect little girls and later women…Terrence?
Terry looked at Candy again… he was angry with her…not because he didn’t like her, but because something in her made him want to play with her… a girl!!! And he thought he was being weak wanting to play with a girl.
- I’m still waiting, said the Duke
Terrence was a very very stubborn little boy. He looked at Candy with angry eyes and he finally said:
- I’m sorry for being rude…
He was almost whispering.
- And…? Said the Duke
- And your freckles are lovely, said Terry mumbling
- Thank you, said Candy smiling
Terry was very angry and he wasn’t looking at Candy.
- Now there, was that so hard? Said the Duke
- Yes, said Terry still sulking
Georgie burst out laughing and Candy was smiling. In her little mind, it didn’t matter how much Terry was sulking; he was her husband!!!
So during the cruise, while the parents bonded, the children would be arguing and bickering.
Georgie and the duke got really close during the cruise. They had dinner together in their cabins with their children, since they didn’t bring any help to baby-sit them.
For the children there is The Play Zone with its own Minnowa splash pool and toddlers supervised by British nannies while older children have a separate facility called The Zone. Toys and activities from board games to computer terminals feature all types of learning adventures. If you've ever had a desire to be a performer, the “Lady Georgie II” offers workshops and master classes by performers and directors from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London, as well as readings, celebrity appearances and one-act plays. So while the children spent their time having fun, the parents were enjoying each other’s company.
Candy was happy to have Terry with her in the kids program. But this last one was annoyed, he had found a group of boys he played with.
- Can I join you? Said Candy
- No! Get away loser! Said Terry
- Yeah, said another boy, why don’t you go play with your dollies over there with the little girls!!!!
- Terry, said Candy looking at him with sad puppy eyes, is that what you want?
- I told you to get lost!!! Said Terry
Candy looked at him sadly and she just turned around to go play with little girls. She wanted to play with Terry, to be with Terry, but he didn’t seem to be interested in playing with her and she was very sad, she wanted to cry, but she didn’t want to show it.
Mean while the Duke was making progress with Georgie.
- Georgie, I don’t need to repeat to you that you’re one of the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen…
- Just one of them…
- Well Terrence’s mother was beautiful too…
Georgie smiled at him.
- Well you’re bluntly honest, you know that?
- I’m only speaking the truth, darling, he said smiling, I want to spend some alone time with you…, he said softly, my suite is available…
- The children are in the kid’s zone for the afternoon, said Georgie smiling
- My room or yours?
- Yours, she said smiling
The Duke kissed her on the lips for a long time and they walked together in their cabin. The Duke’s cabin was a very big luxury suite with all the comfort possible. He closed the door behind them and they started kissing again… they took their clothes off and he was looking at her beautiful body with her beautiful golden hair falling on her shoulders.
- You’re very beautiful, he said looking at her with eyes full of love, and I want you so much right now
- I want you too…,she said with a sensual voice
He took her lips and he was drinking her nectar savouring each tongue stroke they gave each other, which tasted like the best candy they’ve ever had. They lips were glued for a while not wanting to let go of each other while he had his hands on her bosom, caressing and pinching it, which only augmented her pleasure and she felt him getting ready and she caressed him. He now had his hand inside her intimate pink and warm slot which was ready to receive him, but first he kissed her again, all over her body, she did the same; the were caressing each other and kissing again and again. The moment finally arrived and he was inside her…He started to come and go and she was moving to his rhythm and they were both moaning loudly, enjoying each movement, not going to fast to make it last as much as they could, to prolong their pleasure and make it bigger… has the ecstasy was growing inside them their mews became louder as their pleasure was reaching the climax and they both exploded screaming their pleasure, shaking for long minutes and savouring it to the last shake…They were in each other’s arms… the duke didn’t want to let go of her, which only meant one thing…
- I love you, he said still panting
- I love you too, she said curling herself against him more
- Will you marry me?
- What? She said surprised
- I’m asking you to marry me, will you be my Duchess darling?
- But Richard..., she said
- I want to have you in my arms everyday and make love to you every night… I can’t get enough of you Lady Georgie…I love you…
- Oh Richard… yes, yes, yes!!!! I’ll marry you!!! You’re the Duke of my heart, she said laughing, and I love you!
They were both laughing and hugging. They kissed again, got in the mood again and they spent the rest of the afternoon making love over and over, without getting tired of each other. Love in the afternoon is a wonderful thing, for two people free to be in love and together.
They got out of bed against their will to go pick up their children, but something had changed, they looked more intimate than ever. They picked up the children. Candy was still sad about Terry’s attitude and she looked at her mother who seemed so happy. Georgie looked at her little girl and she felt her sadness.
- Are you ok, darling? She asked
Candy shook her head negatively. Georgie took her in her arms and hugged her.
- What’s wrong, baby? She asked
- I’m just tired, said Candy
- All right, you’re going to take a nap and then you’ll feel better…, she turned to the Duke, honey, I have to go put her to bed, I’ll see you later
- All right, call me…
The Duke leaned and kissed her on the lips. Terry saw that and he was sulking. Georgie left with her daughter in her arms and Terry followed his father to their cabin. He looked at his father with a very serious look.
- You kissed Candy’s mum…, he said with an accusing tone
- Yes, said the Duke
- Are you going to marry her?
- As a matter of fact, I wanted to talk to you about that, I love Candy’s mother very much and I asked her to marry me and she said yes…
- What??? How could you do this to me!!!?? You don’t marry my mother and now you’re marrying Candy’s mother??? Why???
- Because I fell in love with her, I love her and I want to live with her
- What about me? Don’t I have a say in this?
- I’m sorry son, you don’t. I love her, she’s beautiful, she’s from a noble family….she’s perfect!
- Noble family? My mum is just an actress…
- Terrence, listen to me. Your mum and I didn’t work out… I love Candy’s mother and she’s going to be your new mother
- I don’t want a new mother, I want my mummy!
- I’m sorry about that son… You’re going to learn to love Georgie and your new sister, Candy…
- NOOO! Said Terry, I don’t want to leave with Candy!!!! NOOOO!!!
- Terrence! Now you stop being a spoiled brat! You’re going to behave like the gentleman that you are! You’re going to treat Georgie and Candy with respect, you hear me?! I will not tolerate any bad behaviour from you!!! Now you go to your room!!
Terry went to his room sulking! What the hell was his father doing? Candy is going to live with them? So he’s going to continue feeling weird with her around? But a strange part of him like seeing her and teasing her… The feeling was a weird one, he was mean to Candy, but when his friend was mean to her, he wanted to yell at him and protect Candy…
- I don’t understand, he said out loud, I don’t like being with her, but I like being with her…
Candy was taking a nap. She had fallen asleep in her mother’s arms. Georgie put her to bed. She kissed her on the cheek and she took a nap herself. After all that love making with the Duke, she was exhausted.
The ringing of the telephone in her suite woke her up.
- Hello? She said
- Sweetness? Are you still sleeping?
- Richard…, she said with a sleepy voice
- Tired because of our crazy afternoon
- I don’t know why they call it sleeping together, because what we did was not sleeping at all!!!
The Duke burst out laughing.
- No kidding. Are ready for dinner?
- I’ll try to be ready as soon as possible honey
- All right I’ll see you in a bit… I love you
- I love you too
Georgie hung up the phone and she turned around, Candy was looking at her.
- You love the Duke? Said Candy
- Yes, she said
- You’re going to marry him?
- Yes, said Georgie
- You’re going to be the dukess, no duchess, like in the Aristocats?
- Yes, said Georgie, are you ok with that?
- I’m going to have a new daddy and…
- A new brother; Terry
- Terry, said Candy, I want him to be my husband…
- Candy, he’s going to be your brother, not your husband…
- I know he likes me, but doesn’t want to show, I feel good with him
- Candy, you’re too young to feel that way
- What way? Wanting to get married? Every little girl wants to get married someday and have babies…and I want to marry Terry! And have his babies!
- Candy, get that out of your head! Terry is going to be your brother!!!! You can’t marry him!!!
- Ok mummy, said Candy sulking.
She was a little confused. She could feel that Terry liked her, but he was so mean to her. Sometimes their eyes would cross and he would look away, and sometimes, Candy would catch him looking at her and would then blush and look away. She knew Terry was nice, he was just acting out like every little boys in the world.
“Mummy is marrying the Duke and I’m going to marry Terry…” Said Candy in her head and smiling inside.
They all met in the restaurant and they all had dinner together. The parents couldn’t get enough of each other they barely looked at the kids. Terry was looking at Candy and she looked at him.
- I’m sorry for earlier, he said
Candy felt all happy inside.
- It’s ok, you had to look though for your friends
- We’re going to be brother and sister, said Terry
- Yes, my mummy told me that she’s marrying the Duke
- I wanted my father to be with my mum!
- My mum is very nice, you’ll see Terry, and you’re going to love her…
Terry remained silent.
- I guess I can’t do anything about it… so I’m stuck with you and your mum… what do you say we sneak out of here?
- They’re going to see us
- They’re all lovey dovey , said Terry, come on, let’s leave!
Candy and Terry snuck out and they were playing on the deck. Running, racing each other. Terry had trouble beating Candy, she was pretty fast.
- You’re cool for a girl, said Terry
- But …
- You’re a boy… we’re going to be brother and sister
- I can see you as my little annoying sister, he said
- You’re going to be my big brother…
- Tell me if anyone bothers you I’ll beat them up…
- I can take care of myself, said Candy smiling but thank you Terry
Terry looked at the little girl, who seemed so sure of herself and he smiled, she wasn’t one of those whinny little girls.
- Candy!!! Said Georgie’s voice
- Terrence!!! Said the Duke, there you are!
- Why do you keep doing this!!!??
- Well you two were busy being in love, said Terry
- Terrence! Said his father
- And I would like to congratulate you on your wedding, said Terry, Candy told me you’re nice , so I’m happy to have you as a stepmother
- And I’m happy the Duke is going to be my daddy! Said Candy
Georgie smiled and she hugged Terry hard.
- Thank you Terrence, I’m going to be honoured to be your mother
Candy hugged the Duke.
- And I’m going to be happy to be your father, he said, thank you Candy
They were heading towards their new lives a new beginning where they were going to be one big happy family!