Candy and Terry meet Oprah at The Blue River
Oprah Winfrey is taking a walk at the Blue River
zoo in London, before the Bafta Awards... After watching all the animals, she
gets bored and she starts observing people...
She sees this young couple
wearing a school uniform
So she approached them...
- Excuse me,
sir, miss, she said.
Candy and Terry were walking at the zoo... both
wondering weather they should hold hands or not... They both turned around and
they see this elegant and sophisticated lady, Oprah Winfrey is...
Said Terry, how may I help you Miss?
- I’m Oprah Winfrey, a reporter, and
I would like to ask you some questions…, said Oprah.
- Why us? Said
- You two seem like a nice couple … I have a show tonight, I just
want to talk to you… would you mind.
Candy and Terry looked at each
- Why not? Said Terry, what would you want to know…?
two are wearing a uniform is it for school?
- Yes, said Candy, the Royal
college of Saint Paul, it’s a boarding school.
- Oh, are you two on a
- Not exactly, said Terry.
- We kind of snuck out of
school, said Candy.
- No! Said Candy,
- Freckles, calm down, said Terry.
- Don’t call me
freckles! That’s not my name! Said Candy.
- What you’re denying what’s on
- You’re dead set to look like your
brothers the monkeys!
- You’re insufferable!!! Said Candy
- Come on Freckles, I’m kidding!
- That’s not funny!!! She
He wanted to touch her, but she moved away. Oprah was
looking at the scene smiling. There was lots of chemistry there. That couple is
going to go a long way.
- So your name is Freckles?
to get angry, but she thought about it for a few seconds, they were breaking the
rules, so anonymity was the way to go!
- Yes, my name is Freckles, she
Terry looked at her like she had just fallen from the sky. But he
got her drift.
- What about you? Asked Oprah to Terry.
she had heard his name, she knew they wanted to keep their anonymity, since they
were out of school…Terry wanted to open his mouth, when…
- His name is
Impossible…, said Candy smiling.
Terry looked at her stunned and he
smiled. They were connecting; they were on the same page…even if he hated the
- What? You’re denying your name
now, Mr. Impossible?
- Go ahead Miss Winfrey, you can ask
us anything you want…
- All right then, said Oprah smiling, let’s go sit
on that bench over there…
The three of them walked to the bench in
question, but they stopped for ice cream, first. They finally got the bench and
they sat down.
- So Freckles, Impossible, what are you doing here? You
snuck out of school?
- Well I do what I please, said Terry.
he thinks the school belongs to him…
- You’re out without permission
too..., said Terry
- I had a good reason…
- What reason? Said
- Well my friend had this beautiful turtle, started Candy.
You’re allowed to have pet in your school? Said Oprah.
- No, but she kept
it in a box, she wanted to show it to me, but she got caught and the reverend
mother wanted her to throw the turtle away… I intervene…
- You intervene?
Said Terry, what did you do…
- I told her she was heartless, that nuns
are supposed to help, not make people sad, I told her she might as well kill the
poor turtle by hitting it on its head with her heels…then I called her an old
- You what? Said Terry stunned.
- I basically called
the mother superior an animal…
- Oh my God!!! He said.
at his freckles and burst out laughing and Oprah too. Candy couldn’t help
herself and she burst out laughing too. It was a nice sunny day and Candy was
feeling good. When they finally stopped…
- That must’ve brought some
consequences…, said Oprah.
- I was given a chance to redeem myself and
- Oh oh, this is going to be good, said Terry smiling.
So I told her I was sorry to have called her an old hag and an animal, even if I
really meant it…
- Bloody hell!!! Said Terry laughing some more, you are
too much Freckles!!!!
Oprah was laughing too. This young lady was so
sweet and innocent.
- Now I won’t participate to the May Festival, since
I was born in May, I was supposed to be one of the flower souls…
sorry about that…
- That woman is heartless! Said Terry, what did your
friend get? The same thing?
- Actually no… she’s going to be in the
- That’s not fair, she was the one breaking the rules! Said
- But Freckles had to open her big mouth!!! Said Terry
It’s ok, said Candy looking down.
- No, said Terry, you’re the sweetest
girl I’ve ever met! You made a mistake, you should’ve apologised, but to keep
you out of the party altogether? That’s not fair!!!
- I did apologise,
said Candy, I just told the truth.
- Well I have to say, you’re a special
girl Freckles, said Oprah, so then what?
- I'm punished and I have to
stay in the meditation room, but I snuck out the window jumped the wall and I
brought the turtle here in the zoo to my friend Mr. Albert…
- Mr. Albert?
- Yes, said Candy he saved my life and he console me when
Terry was listening and he remembered Candy calling out
Anthony’s name when she fell the other night.
- Anthony, said Terry, who’s
- He was my first love, he was kind and loving, and he loved
flowers, he created one for me…
- A flower, he created a flower for you?
- Yes, “Sweet Candy”, that was the name of the rose, said
- That’s lovely, said Oprah smiling.
- That’s stupid! Said
- Why? Said Candy stunned, he did a rose for me, for my birthday…he
was the sweetest boy ever!
- A boy who loves roses, sounds like a sissy
- How could you say that?! Why are you so mean!? Said Candy
- You seem stuck in the past, said Terry, he’s dead, let him
- You’re still hoping…
- He …
- The dead
don’t come back, Freckles!
- Stop saying that! Said Candy upset with
tears in her eyes, I hate you!
Candy stood up and she left. Terry stayed
- That was not good, right? Said Terry.
- You like
her…you’re a hot head, you need to calm down.
- She’s stuck in the past
with that Anthony boy!
- You’re not going to convince her by yelling at
- I want her to be with me…
- Then show her that life can
continue with you and you don’t have to yell.
- She still loves
- Yes, but like you said, he’s dead, he’s not coming back… you’re
- I know but…
- You’re jealous of a boy who can’t come
- The dead can’t do anything wrong…
- You still have the
advantage, you’re alive…and she likes you.
- You think so?
I think so… I’m older and wiser and I can feel the love…
- I love her so
- Stop thinking, go make up with her…
Candy met Albert,
she was still sulking.
- Where’s Terry?
- That lout? I don’t give a
- What happened?
- He’s mean!
- I thought he was a
fine young man.
- Well I say he’s mean!!!! I’m going to go back to school.
- She’s fine. I’m looking forward to coming to your
- About that, I won’t be participating, I was punished for
calling the reverend mother an animal…
- You what? Said Albert laughing,
I’m sorry about that. I won’t be coming then…
- I’m sorry I disappointed
you. But I had to save Charlotte…
- It’s ok Candy. Have a nice trip
- Thank you…
- Can I go back with you? Said a
Candy turned around, still sulking.
- What do you want? She
- I want to apologise, he said, for being so rude.
looked at the two of them.
- I’m going to get going, bye you
- Bye, they both said.
Albert left. Candy and Terry were
looking at each other. Candy’s heart was jumping in her chest, Terry was
- Apology accepted, she said with a little smile… where’s
- Over there, let’s go say goodbye.
time Terry took her hand and they walked together to Oprah’s bench. Candy was
happy she was holding Terry’s hand. It felt warm, it felt good.
- Hi Miss
Winfrey, we have to go back before we get caught, said Candy
- Yes, said
Terry, thank you. We had a good time.
- All right, said Oprah, Freckles,
Impossible… Have a safe ride back to school.
- Thank you…
send a copy of the article from my magazine to your school.
- Great! Bye,
- Bye, said Candy.
Candy and Terry went back to Saint
Paul together. He actually went with her to the meditation room.
don’t have to stay, she said.
- I want to keep you company…and…
- I wanted to do this…
He leaned and took her lips in a soft
kiss, his head was spinning, She was absolutely bewitching! Candy was stunned,
she felt weird, she felt good, she put her arms around his neck and she was
smoothly caressing his long hair with her fingers…
Those fingers in my
come hither stare
that strips my conscience bare
And I've got no defense for it.
The heat is too intense for
What good would commonsense for it do?
And although I know
when you arouse the need in me
my heart says "yes
Proceed with what you're lead in 'me to!
It's such an ancient
but one I wouldn't switch
'Cause there's no nicer witch than
When he stopped they looked at each other.
- What was
that? She said.
- That was a kiss…
- It tasted weird, she
- Weird, he said a little hurt looking down.
Candy lifted his
- But that was good, can you do it again?
at her and she smiled. No need to ask him twice… He kissed the girl he loved and
he forgot about the jealousy he had felt earlier. Oprah was right, he had the
biggest advantage… He was in love with her since the moment he laid his eyes on
her, it was like she had a spell on him…
A few weeks later, on “O”
magazine, there was a very touching and loving article about this young couple
who snuck out of school and met at the zoo and they discovered each other…