by Liberty and Gentillefille
No one could have ever thought
that one of the oldest mansions of San Francisco would hide a secret so big that
has its beginning back in the centuries. That a family whose members seem so
normal would, in fact, be part of another world…A magic world… and that its
members are the defenders of the balance between the good and the evil and that
they are the ones called, “the Charmed ones”…
Sixteen years ago…
- So much has happened over the last eight years. So much has been gained and lost. Still, in some ways I feel like my life is really just beginning…and it was. For though I had loved before, I’d never really known love until I met Coop. a man who I shared the special little girl I had long ago foreseen, Penny, but feared I might never have. Along with two other special little girls, Patty and Prue I had not foreseen. I was suddenly so blessed to have a new family of my own, and old friends to share it with. And though I kept working and giving advice to those who asked, I was more interested in helping them find love. Since finally, having been loved… Phoebe wrote in the last pages of the Book Of Shadows
- Phoebe, had become somewhat of an expert on the subject. As for me life without demons opened up similar avenues. Henry of course continued to look after his parolees, even if they didn’t want to be looked after. While still making time to help me with little Henry and the twins. Which allowed me time to finally embrace my inner white lighter. And to help the next generation of witches come into their own… Paige continued writing
- So that Paige could pass on all that she learned, because we were sure that something much bigger from us was about to come. To pass on all these not just to her own children, or to mine’s, or to Phoebe’s, but to other future witches and white lighters as well. Which filled the time between when we were doing the fighting and when our kids were old enough to take over. Allowing me time to get back to my roots and cook something other than potions for once…and opened the restaurant that I’d always dreamed of owning. As for Leo, after we reclaimed the Magic School he went back to teaching. Which he continued to do until it was time to retire…Piper ended the three sisters’ writing.
Modern Days… Candy’s story
- What do you mean?! Chris what do you mean when you say that you haven’t seen Clara?
- I called her as you said but I can’t find her. She said she was going to the library of the magic School to take some books. That’s all I know. Wyatt is something wrong?
- She’s not in the magic school. Clara is pregnant Chris…to my child and I am sensing that something bad is going to happen.
- Pregnant?! What are you talking about Wyatt? When you were suppose to tell me and to our parents?
- On my eighteenth birthday…we had decided to tell you then…which means next week. Chris we have to find her!
- So that’s why she had gained so much weight…
- All right all right… do you think that this is all a demon’s work?
- I don’t know but it’s not good.
“Please forgive me my little angel… But I have to do this…I have to leave you for your own good. She’s chasing me and she wants to kill you. It’s the only way”.
Clara looked at her newborn’s face.
“You look so much like your father… You will be a beautiful young lady one day and you will understand…”
The baby opened her green eyes and looked her mother’s face before that last one leave her under a huge tree outside an orphanage for poor children.
“This is for the best, my sweet Candy…”
She left running and crying in the snow storm of Chicago without looking back…she was only hoping that her child would have a better future. She knew that her powers would be one of the biggest weapons and that they could destroy everything it they were used for evil, or be of great help if they were used for good.
After some hours of running and while she was reaching the Magic School a fire ball blasted her away.
- Where is it Clara? Clara got up with her head bleeding from the violent fall.
- She’s safe. And you won’t find her even in a million years.
- WHERE is that bastard child of yours Clara? I’m not going to ask you again.
- I prefer to die than tell you, you demon! By saying this Clara was ready to send away to the female demon a red beam but the demon was much stronger.
- If dying is your preference then I would be glad to help you. But before you die you have to listen to what I have to say…your child will never be safe. NEVER!
The demon used all of her power and left. In the meantime Wyatt had already orbed, too late, to the place that a corps was there lying in ashes. All that was left was a red medallion to the place that once it was Clara’s neck. It was a medallion that he had given her as a present when she announced to him, nine months ago, that he was going to be a father. That they were going to have a family. And now he had lost both of them. His beloved one and his daughter.
- Please Chris…Leave me alone. I want to stay alone for a while.
- But Wyatt…
- They are dead, they are both dead. Clara…I swear to you and to our child that I’m going to take revenge. I’m going to find who did this to you, even if it’s the last thing I’ll do.
In the meantime the baby girl was crying under the tree. Two women came out of the building because of her cries…
- Can you see the baby, Sister Maria?
- The snowstorm doesn’t make it easy miss Pony, but we have to find the baby! Miss Pony! Miss Pony! I found it it’s under the tree! Oh my…there is another one here too…let’s take both of them inside. The nun walked to the basket which was lying under the tree. She took the babies quickly inside.
- Oh such sweet babies. Miss Pony said.
- Look, there is a note to the one that was crying.
“Please take care of my child. My baby girl. I wish I had never left her, my Candy… she’s so special.”
- It sounds like there was great need.
- Yes Sister Maria, indeed. What about the other one?
- Oh, there is no note but only a doll with the name “Annie” on it.
- Poor little thing…We will call her Annie then.
- Ok, Candy and Annie…
- Well now…we have two new members to our big family. Let’s change their clothes and give them some milk. Look they have already stopped crying.
- And they look so much alike…The only big difference on them is the color of their eyes. Candy has green and Annie blue.
- Wyatt?! How could you have been so irresponsible?
- Piper…this isn’t the time to yell at him. Irresponsible or not he lost the woman he loved and his child because of a demon.
- I’m so sorry Wyatt. But you should have told us baby. We could have helped you.
- But mom… all this time the demons were nowhere to be found. I thought we were through with them.
- I’m afraid that…
- What is it Leo?
- I’m afraid that the demons are back in action because they felt the child’s power.
- What do you mean dad?
- Isn’t it obvious Wyatt? You have huge powers. It is logical that your child would have unbeatable powers. Think how useful this could be if the demons could take hold of your child. Clara’s pregnancy gave them a new motivation to rule this world and bring the chaos. They just had to take the newborn.
- Well, now the only thing that they’ll get will be their death. I will take revenge.
- Wyatt…I know that this is difficult for you now, but you have to think this calmly… it will be difficult to face all these demons. Even for you.
- Chris, what are you telling me now? To let them go?
- No…I’m telling you that we have to plan our moves.
- Listen to your brother Wyatt. He is right.
- Demons are not that easy…Believe me…
- Aunt Phoebe! Aunt Paige! How did you…
- …learn about this? Phoebe asked.
- Come on sweetheart…We may be older, but we are still the Charmed ones. Paige answered.
- See Wyatt? See why you had to tell us? Piper said hugging her son.
- But even you can’t bring them back.
- No, but we are ready to kick some demon butts. Phoebe said
- Although it’s going to be more difficult than the last time…don’t you think? Paige commented.
- Why is that?
- Well we haven’t been in demon kicking butt action for a little while.
- I always practice my potion cooking skills from time to time. Piper said, and of course this is because the Book Of Shadows was responding again these days.
- So that was the feeling I had… Phoebe wondered.
- Much likely…
- There has been some time since we saw…
- What are you mumbling there Paige?
- I’m saying that there has been some time since we saw Billie for the last time… and I was wondering…
- …is she alright?
- Billie?! They all exclaimed.
- Yes I am here after so long time.
- Oh my God I can’t believe you are actually standing in front of us. How have you been?
- Good, all right I guess… After all the things that happened with Christie I needed some time alone.
- And what about the demons…
- Well I had some encounters with some of them but no big deal. I had the best teachers ever…the Charmed ones.
They all tried to figure out any clues having as evidence Clara’s ashes and the medallion, searching around the city with the crystal for the demon that killed her but there was no answer from the crystal. They searched the Book of Shadows but since no one had seen the demon or how she or he acted and the power it was used it was impossible to find it in the book. So the only thing that was left to them was call it a day and try again next morning. Billie took the stairs to her room. So many memories came in her mind. How she studied the magic and how the three sisters helped her learn witchcraft and making potions. How they helped her with her first spells and how many adventures they shared under the same roof. The demons they had killed, the fears, the anxiety the sadness and then again the joy. They were all coming back to her now. She opened the door and lied on her bed. All the things that she recalled were adventures and memories that she had shared with Piper, Leo, Paige, Phoebe even Wyatt and Chris. But there was one big thing that she hadn’t tell anyone… her hand slightly touched her belly and with her other hand closed her mouth wanting to stop her cry while a tear was rolling down her cheek. She looked up on the ceiling watching the shadows from the curtains as the moonlight was creating them. It was a peaceful night but she was not in peace. She closed her eyes… It has been a year and yet she could still feel the same pain… A demon had eventually captured her and imprisoned her in a strange dimension…it was somewhere between, this is why it was always in twilight. Neither dark nor light… she used everything she knew to escape but nothing would happen and then, believing she was the only person, she saw him… he was tall, handsome with brown hair and wonderful blue eyes. Since he was there she thought that the demon had captured him too, so he must have been a nice guy. He introduced himself as “Cole” and although at the beginning they would fight and argue eventually they became a couple. Making love with him was something out of this world. He had total control on her soul and body. Until she got pregnant. It was that day that she decided to tell him everything, about her, about the charmed ones, about… their baby. Everything seemed so simple until she talked about the Charmed ones and especially Phoebe. His face got pale, and then he started telling his story…
He was “The Source” one of the Charmed ones biggest enemies, and Phoebe’s first husband. She couldn’t believe her ears. That was so unfair…why the father of her child should be one of the most evil and powerful demons… Billie cried silently when she recalled all these and then…one year ago she managed to escape the twilight dimension, Cole was unable to leave but she could and she did…with his child in her. She felt that something awfully evil was growing inside her that she would bring in the world one of the biggest demons, the son of the source. But it was her child too and thus unable to kill him. She believed that the Source’s son would be the one that would bring the eternal darkness, the complete chaos. She knew everything about him from the Charmed ones. It was impossible that his child would differ. One day, while walking in the New York city she bumped into another pregnant woman, Eleanor Grandchester, and then it crossed her mind. Bind her son’s powers and use the spell to “transfer” her child into Eleanor’s belly…and she did.
And now she was lying on her bed, in the mansion of the Charmed ones in San Francisco, knowing that her one year old son is somewhere out there growing as a normal kid without knowing anything about his powers. That was the only thing that made her feel relieved…at least until now.